Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '08 Caddy DTS
ZL1 Fascia and Rockers Upgrade

So I decided to upgrade my front end and rockers to ZL1 parts. The diffuser is coming after the exhaust so that I can have quad tips.

I ordered the fascia kit (fascia, absorber, ZL1 grill, DRLs, fogs, etc) from an outfit in Michigan, http://www.automotivehalokits.com. I found him from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/usr/automotive_halo_kits_llc. I was going to use Gary's but responses were slow to come and by the time that he responded I had already pulled the trigger on this one from automotivehalokits.com. I paid $1275 for all of it with shipping included so the price wasn't bad. I could have saved $80 and not bought the hardware kit that was just some screws and clips. I soon realized that you get what you pay for and the seller's aptitude was not in the selling price. He was courteous and prompt in communication though.

Here's the deal...He shipped this bumper via Greyhound shipping and didn't but the thing in a box or include the GM box. I showed up at the Greyhound station and the bumper was wrapped in plastic wrap, duct tape, and packaging tape. The Greyhound freight rep was perplexed as I was also. I took pictures of it while in the Greyhound building and took it out to my van to unwrap it. As you can expect, there was damage. Almost all of the alignment posts were broken off as well as one of the under hood bolt "Ears" and both lower brackets that mount behind the side markers.

I took pictures and sent them to the seller. Four brackets in all were broken (both uppers and bother lowers). The seller procured only the uppers and sent them to me. Before sending them to me he sent a PayPal request for shipping money. In an interest to get this situation behind me, I paid it. He sent a picture of the shipment contents of which I noted that the lower brackets were absent. He then procured them and submitted another PayPal money request. I declined and he has not sent me the brackets.

He has repeatedly refused to accept any responsibility for this situation. He states that this is not his fault and that it is the shipping courier's fault. He states that he has gone above and beyond what other sellers would do. BS. I did not insure a package. He insured it as the shipper. I pay a business money and it is up to that business to get me an undamaged product and if shipping damage occurs, it is up to them to file the necessary claims and deal with it.

Below are some pictures of the car before, after, packaging, and damage.

Also...I ordered the ZL1 rockers from phastekperformance.com and the process was flawless.
Attached Images

jgray1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Here is the thing, when any vender uses greyhound, there are not a shipping company, works like this if you drop it of at one place it move when a bus has room, so if its on the first bus that come by and then 3 stops later that bus is full, and there is no room for your shipment its taken off, and the next bus that has room pick it up.

As to this vender not sending you the part to fix it, dispute the charge if he will not make it right, the parts are not that much.

if you need them send me a pm we have some take offs we can give you.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '08 Caddy DTS
Oh, also I ordered a ZL1 grille delete and SS badge from emblempros. The ZL1 grill delete didn't look good at all (different color and texture from grille). I decided to just put the SS badge on but the one that I ordered was for the rear and being so was slightly smaller than the front. I pulled the one off of my SS grille and adhered it with 3M. I'll replace the one on my SS grill with the one that I received from emblempros. The grille is "Wall art".
jgray1978 is offline   Reply With Quote