Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #126
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru imperial blu View Post
THIS THREAD IS LIKE A MOVIE
With a sad ending.

***Update***

Paypal wont cover this transaction because Gary has shipped me a box. The way garyscustomz.com does business they are protected thru paypal as long as there is proof that something was delivered. Being a HONEST person doesnt pay in the long run. If I had just told paypal that I haven't received the item I would have my refund. I asked "So gary z custom z sends me a tub of vaseline and says its a complete bumper assembly with SPLITTER I am out $1800?" Short answer yes. Garys customz.com used this to his advantage.

Also because garys customz strung this out I can not dispute the charge with my bank either.

To EVERYONE on this and other sites please use a major credit card with Garyz Custom'z to protect yourselves. Garys Customs offers no support other than that I must keep a partial order and get a partial refund. Not cool. The only way I can recoup my cost from Gary s Custom s is to take this to Florida small claims court.

For Sale or Trade:
To anyone in the San Antonio Tx area that is interested in a Gary'z Customs IBM T2 front bumper and will trade for a stock SS bumper PM me for details. And yes the splitter is still on back order with no date in mind. I wont install this bumper period! Gary's Custom's wont have any parts on my car for free advertising, no sir.

To date the posting for these bumper assemblies has not been updated and is still being sold as a complete kit. I really would like the admin on this site to step up and correct this before someone else gets taken for their cash. At this point with so many post you'd think Garys Customz dot com would at least update the post.

Again thank you for the support on this forum!!!!

Last edited by sykb47l; 12-12-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #127
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
With a sad ending.

***Update***

Paypal wont cover this transaction because Gary has shipped me a box. The way garyscustomz.com does business they are protected thru paypal as long as there is proof that something was delivered. Being a HONEST person doesnt pay in the long run. If I had just told paypal that I haven't received the item I would have my refund. I asked "So gary z custom z sends me a tub of vaseline and says its a complete bumper assembly with SPLITTER I am out $1800?" Short answer yes. Garys customz.com used this to his advantage.

Also because garys customz strung this out I can not dispute the charge with my bank either.

To EVERYONE on this and other sites please use a major credit card with Garyz Custom'z to protect yourselves. Garys Customs offers no support other than that I must keep a partial order and get a partial refund. Not cool. The only way I can recoup my cost from Gary s Custom s is to take this to Florida small claims court.

For Sale or Trade:
To anyone in the San Antonio Tx area that is interested in a Gary'z Customs IBM T2 front bumper and will trade for a stock SS bumper PM me for details. And yes the splitter is still on back order with no date in mind. I wont install this bumper period! Gary's Custom's wont have any parts on my car for free advertising, no sir.

To date the posting for these bumper assemblies has not been updated and is still being sold as a complete kit. I really would like the admin on this site to step up and correct this before someone else gets taken for their cash. At this point with so many post you'd think Garys Customz dot com would at least update the post.

Man that sucks. Well as you can see a lot of people are going to think about buying from Gary from now on after this thread. Good luck with what you want get in the future. I am very surprised that he has not taken modified the post to say that it is not sold as a complete kit...

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
Old 12-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #128
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
Excluding the shipment and wrong templates along with incomplete instructions, the only thing I got from GC/ACS was a headache.
sad....
Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #129
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Had a similar situation with paypal. hence the reason I made a new account.

8.1 liter vortec fly by wire throttlebody

I listed the item for 99 cents

with 20 dollars shipping.

Of course it sold for 99 cents
I could care less

I get a paypal dispute about said item. I think to myself damn over a 99 cent item wtf. So he sends me some nasty message about how there is a tiny chip on the plastic where the plug goes that when plugged in you wouldnt see.

I guess the guy buys used tb's off of ebay and refurbishes them to resale.

So after some email exchanges i say send it back. afew weeks go by I never receive it but paypal refunded his money. So i contact paypal. here is the tracking number, delivery confirmation on usps doesnt show delivery address just zip code. Well the zip code wasnt right and then on top of that it was delivered before he opened a dispute.

Now granted he has a ebay business with lots of feedback so he has shipments everywhere. So needless to say a day later he has a new tracking number with my zip code. I never received item back and he got his money and the tb.

So yeah F*ck paypal and why I dont sell on ebay no more, I had another issue same situation but some guy who lived in australia wanted an item i was selling so what he does is goes thru a broker who buys up stuff in the us has it delivered to an address in the us and they load it in a container when the container is full they ship it to aussie and save getting the ridiculous fees for shipping one item to aussie land.

Needless to say I lost the GMPP oil pan i sold and 200 dollars on top of the fees my time etc.

THANKS paypal
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #130
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I can't believe some of you are missing it.

A vendor should not charge, offer to sell, or claim to have it stock ready-to-ship items he does not actually have and not know for sure if/when the item will be made available by the manufacturer. Reputation is not worth $1,800 in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #131
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: White 2014 ZL1
Thumbs down no

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEXYRED808 View Post
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO GET ONTO ACS, NOT GARY
Thats not it
Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #132
Alfieboy
Madman

Unhappy AGREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Gary, I am chiming in as a customer service professional here...
Customer ordered from you for a project he needs both pieces to finish. You have been unable to satisfy him by providing both pieces and an unreasonable amount of time has gone by.
You should have UPS pick it up and refund his money, or supply him with the part that should have been delivered in a timely manner.
IF you have problems with YOUR supplier, you should NOT hold your patient and frustrated customer up any longer. He should not be in this position, and you, as a merchant wishing to come across as professional, should offer to take the product back. I already would not order from you because you come across in an inflammatory manner and your customer is being quite reasonable in his request.
You also state that for the past year you have been offering another upset customer the option to return a product and yet you are digging your heels in on the OP. Where's the line? You return for one but not another? Consistency would be appropriate.
I recently was held up for over 3 months on an order for a pair of working boots for my husband. I will never EVER buy from Chippewa boots again and I suggest y'all follow suit because they come across like a bunch of entitled ingrates. I requested my money back and got it but not without a fight. Instead I am spending $375. more and having custom boots made for him. Someone who is giving me GOOD customer service is getting my business now.
Any road, were this case on my desk I would be refunding the customers money and apologizing for the entire situation profusely. You will make more money in the long run by coming across as a hero instead of a zero. One dissatisfied customer can draw a LOT of attention, as you are finding out here. Just give the poor guy his money back and let him get on with his project.
I agree 100 %

Even though it is "Totally " garys fault,, the way this is handled , and th eway I have been treated -and seen others treated..really dampens any further unknown online transactions......:(
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #133
Alfieboy
Madman

yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Bottom Line Up Front: Gary Customs stopped doing business with another large supplier of aftermarket parts, after that supplier kept delaying shipments or send products with missing parts (name with held on purpose) who used to be here on Camaro5!

I talked with ACS at SEMA, even tried to hit them up for sponsorship ( ) at SEMA for that bumper with splitter and specifically asked about availability and he said "NOW" as if I couldn't the sponsorship, I was ready to buy!

So, when ACS dealers (GARY CUSTOMS) are told ready to ship, Garys tells his customers SYKB471 yes, available to ship and then when ACS fails to deliver, it appears GARY CUSTOMS is the culprit, when in fact it's ACS!!

I notice ACS made no response on this THREAD yet!!!

Not saying GARY is perfect, mistakes do happen, but he does remendy the problem! Despite what the masses think, GARY CUSTOMS did not sponsor VETERAN 1, I spent thousands of dollars with him; without incident!

BUT hes doing the guy wrong.PERIOD
Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #134
Alfieboy
Madman

wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEXYRED808 View Post
i have something for all of the hearing/reading impaired people on this forum and in this world. the title of this area is "vendor & seller review/ feedback/ & experiences" not "lets run ours mouths and add our own tainted opinions" without having any knowledge of the entire transaction from start to finish, nor evidence to go by. this is ridiculous.

i myself ordered an entire front end for my car, had my own concerns and still do, and have not gotten on this thread and bad-mouthed gary 1 time. i have paid in full, for almost 3 months now, and still don't have my front t2 splitter. i have spoken with gary on multiple occasions regarding this specific topic and he has been upfront with me the entire time. since i didn't like the outcome of having to wait so long, i called acs directly and spoke with joseph there on a few different occasions.

again, the FRONT T2 SPLITTER is in the works, being tested for durability/fitment/mounting concerns and will once again be released. its never been stated that it is no longer available.

i too do not like the looks of my front end without the splitter, but i'm not going to send my t2 bumper and new hood back, for what? am i gonna start over? hell no!!!!!

could gary refund you your money, of course he could have, but reality is, your just gonna have to send the money right back to him when he finally gets the splitter in. thats pointless. maybe if you handled it a little differently, instead of trying to strong arm the guy into taking back your entire purchase, maybe the result would have been a lot different.

lupe: little hostility left over from my other thread, but in response to your somewhat laid out comments and your broken pm's back and forth between you and gary, i noticed something just a little ironic. you were so quick to bash me about "my experience" with aac and try and correct me on how to read threads, but you yourself are just a little closed minded and obviously don't listen when people are talking before forming your own clouded opinion! "mr. business owner" example:

gary: the parts are in stock, should ship on this date, should be here on this date, etc.

maybe, just maybe, could those parts (BY RAZZI) be instock at razzi's warehous or carid and not at gary's? did you ask or just assume? i know that gary's customz sounds nothing like carid, but i know nothing right? hello, gary is the middle man, the sub-contractor, the go-to guy, and thats why the parts are ordered from him, not razzi. and as for "what you would do as a fellow business owner" thats all b.s., you can say whatever you want when you are not the one getting bashed. give your smoke a rest.

moving on: CALL ACS COMPOSITE @ (514) 828-1000 , ITS NOT HARD!!!

camaro5 members: how do i enlarge this phone number so its easier read?? i want it to be huge, haha

-interent thug, "so stupid"
SO why you running your mouth?????

its obvious the handling of this was not correct.

Who knows when if ever the splitter would be available. that s not the point, he sold a set of something ,incomplete, he needs do whats right..... but thats up 2 him..
Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #135
Alfieboy
Madman

Quote:
I'm confident when I write this until someone proves me wrong, but I would say 99.99% of the time, SPONSORS on this forum, who sell aftermarket products like ACS or RAZZI never have them in stock, that they are INDEED DROPSHIPPED to THEM or thier customers direct!

Why? Cause the SHIPPING & HANDLING charges are through the roof on sending bumpers, GFX kits, hoods..

For Example, if you the CONSUMER wanted a RAZZI GFX KIT from CAR ID..... CAR ID is not shipping from thier warehouse, they are having it drop shipped from RAZZI to you.........

I would say more than HALF the dealers of any type of product here on Camaro5 never have PHYSICAL INVENTORY, that they also drop ship thier products....

In regards to this ACS bumper situation with GARY CUSTOMS, if he was told shipped or shipping soon by someone at ACS and relays that to CUSTOMER, how is he in the wrong? Especially when I was told 1st hand at SEMA by the owner of ACS that they had the products ready to ship.........

ok but the 2nd part hasnt even been produced.. this thread is kinda wasteless.....
Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #136
Alfieboy
Madman

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
to ask.....no....expect....the OP to keep the fascia without the splitter is ludicrous....

I don't think Gary intentionally sold him something unavailable but when it became obvious that it was going to drag out he should have placed a pickup for the fascia and refunded his money......This thread has cost Gary far more than that would have......he could have repainted the fascia and still sold it as new and likely broke even......

There is more than enough feed back in this thread to show that there is at times, a lack of good customer service.....
I agree honestly
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #137
Alfieboy
Madman

wow

Quote:
Why is that some posts get beaten to death about a bad experience, but others posts get deleted or edited?

Gary spoke his peace, gave his view points, what else do you want him to say or write?

Every company receives complaints, but how they handle those
complaints separates good business from bad business and Gary offered his compromise, buyer says no!!!
thats not a fair compromise.....

swap him the t3 set up!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #138
Alfieboy
Madman

well

Quote:
With a sad ending.

***Update***

For Sale or Trade:

That sucks ..Sorry..

that s why I dont use paypal .its a JOKE.was screwed 3800 ..myself, and guy still has the CAR yes CAR in MI...........
Old 12-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #139
Alfieboy
Madman

yea..I have some free time...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #140
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Ok, I really think its time to lock this one...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #141
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post

A vendor should not charge, offer to sell, or claim to have it stock ready-to-ship items he does not actually have and not know for sure if/when the item will be made available by the manufacturer. Reputation is not worth $1,800 in my opinion.
I completely understand it. HE bought a package deal and only got part of the package. Then the seller tries to refund him for part of the package. When his original purchase was everything. Since he didnt get everything like promised he wants to return the part of the package he received and get his money back. I think thats fair enough but obviously some people would rather make excuses then do the right thing.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #142
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post

I get it.I made this post back on page four. I was amazing that it didn't seem like anybody got then.
I don't think ACS's post helped Gary at all. As an outsider looking in and as someone in the service and sales business, I can't see why someone would take money for a product that isn't even out of the design phase yet. It looks to me from reading the entire thread that Gary had to of know that the splitter wasn't even close to being ready unless someone at ACS was feeding a line. The break down looks like it was between ACS and Gary not the OP. The OP is just the guy stuck in the middle with a half completed front end. I don't know how one would even know what to charge for a part that isn't even done being designed yet.

A mark of a good business isn't how they handle things when everything is going well. It's how they handle things when they're not
Old 12-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #143
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I get it.I made this post back on page four. I was amazing that it didn't seem like anybody got then.
I don't think ACS's post helped Gary at all. As an outsider looking in and as someone in the service and sales business, I can't see why someone would take money for a product that isn't even out of the design phase yet. It looks to me from reading the entire thread that Gary had to of know that the splitter wasn't even close to being ready unless someone at ACS was feeding a line. The break down looks like it was between ACS and Gary not the OP. The OP is just the guy stuck in the middle with a half completed front end. I don't know how one would even know what to charge for a part that isn't even done being designed yet.

A mark of a good business isn't how they handle things when everything is going well. It's how they handle things when they're not
i am stunned that this issue wasn't resolved to the buyers favor on page 1.

I said it before.....Gary could have refunded in full.....paid freight for the fascia back to himself and at some point resold it for break even......as it stands.....one of his biggest advertising venues has been irreparably damaged......

.....just wow......
Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #144
sykb47l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
With no product and no resolution? Gary isn't even disputing that this has happened. He admits it but he's take is tough luck...not his problem.

I hope it doesnt happen to you!

I have been waiting for 2 and a half months now. Would you suggest i just wait until I no longer have the car? I think this should be locked after a resolution has been reached.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #145
sykb47l

And for the record. This would have NEVER been posted if Gary had read my PM's and followed up. Again had he told me it was not available or even a small back log i would have ordered the T3 bumper and splitter and called it a day.

Its not my fault yet I am the one that's out $$$$.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #146
coolman

Quote:
And for the record. This would have NEVER been posted if Gary had read my PM's and followed up. Again had he told me it was not available or even a small back log i would have ordered the T3 bumper and splitter and called it a day.

Its not my fault yet I am the one that's out $$$$.
You do understand that from the post ACS made the splitter was still in and is currently still in the design phase. You should have never been offered the splitter for purchase in the first place. I would fight this to the death if I were you. It just isn't right.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #147
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
If it were your money and car would you still want to lock it? Maybe you could refund the poor guys money so everyone would be happy and then you could lock it.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, JBA Hi Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, o2 Sensor Extensions, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
Old 12-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #148
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
If it were your money and car would you still want to lock it? Maybe you could refund the poor guys money so everyone would be happy and then you could lock it.

Exactly why I think it should be locked...People attacking each other for reasons that have NOTHING to do with the topic...

Thanks for adding more credibility to my request.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #149
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Take it to small claims court. I wouldnt stand for it, not one bit.

Sorry for your loss and bad experience. For that much money, i would make a trip to wherever, pay for the gas and lodging, in order to get atleast some of it back. Unbelievable. Karma's a B..
Old 12-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #150
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Take it to small claims court. I wouldnt stand for it, not one bit.

Sorry for your loss and bad experience. For that much money, i would make a trip to wherever, pay for the gas and lodging, in order to get atleast some of it back. Unbelievable. Karma's a B..
+1000

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback

Closed Thread