Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

View Poll Results: Do you use the Windshield Washer Fluid?
Yes 18 58.06%
Not really 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 AM   #1
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 14 2LT Vert, 14 Acadia SLT, 07 G5
How many of you vert owners use your Windshield Washer fluid?

I am looking to do a Cold Air Intake, and most if not all of them house around the Washer tank. I was looking at relocating the tank, but there was a a couple of suggestions to remove the tank totally. Here is my question to other 'vert owners. After thinking about how many times I do not use the fluid, does anyone really use it? I only drive my car in the summer, so I am not concerned about use of it during bad weather. If you vote yes, let me know if you drive your 'vert during winter months in the snow.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Last edited by NYCamOwner; 01-30-2015 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added text for Winter driving.
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
I have never used mine cause I only drive it on nice days,but I wouldn't remove it cause there will be that one time when you will need it.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:46 AM   #3
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Mine is in my attic

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
Mpsmith1

Drives: '13 IOM ZL1 vert
I don't drive mine in the winter very much AT ALL and only on nice days with the top down in summer.
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #5
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Mine has never seen adverse weather in 4 years. No need for it.
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS, JBA HIGH-FLOW CATS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #6
iCandi

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS vert m6
I have never used mine. I only drive my Camaro in the summer and have never had the need to use it yet. But I would hate to not have it on the off chance that I may just need it.
That said, I do have the CAI cold air intake. I ordered it from Apex along with the washer fluid relocate and their air scoop. I am very happy with all 3 items, and would definitely do the relocate again, rather than remove it completely.
iCandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #7
wayner

Drives: White SSRS Convertible Edelbrock SC
I relocated mine and and put half the factory fluid in the new tank and the other half in the express van. Never use it
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #8
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
I have had to use it. I changed tires and run mine year around. Yes mine will get dirty and now and then hit some bugs or collect dust and ill use the wiper fluid. Either that or you can carry a can of glass cleaner and rag with you just in case.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #9
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
I've never used mine. I don't take the car out if it even looks like rain.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #10
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible Triple Black
I would get the small RotoFab bottle just for those times you need it. Here is pic of mine with the famous Dick Guldstrand signing my car.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #11
ChevyAV03

Drives: 03 Z71 AV PM; 14 Convert 2ss/rs AGM
if top is down I don't use it but if I'm caught out during some long distance driving I have used it from bad road conditions on the interstate and getting that crap spray from other vehicles during that drizzle condition that never really rains.

Do not drive it during the snow/ice/especially salt but if I'm caught in it I want to be able to still use it if ever needed.

CAI install is on the list and I will just keep something to undo the screws handy when I need to refill it. Which even in my truck I only had to do maybe once a year. Which I'm driving during this crap weather
ChevyAV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #12
Ryanbabz71

Here's a pic of my setup

Ryan
Old 01-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #13
theragtopguy
Lifetime Phillies Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I guess I'm in the minority here, mine is my DD and I use it all the time. I just carry a set of hex wrenches in the glove box so I can remove the CAI lid when I need to fill it up. A dirty windshield bothers me when I am driving.

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #14
Mark114

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS CRT M6
I don't drive in winter if they are salting the roads, but I drive it the rest of the time. Even in good summer weather there will be times when the windshield get dirty (bugs, birds, etc.) and you have to spray fluid and run the wipers or stop and clean it. I suggest you keep it and decide if the stock tank blocks enough air to justify the cost of relocating it.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #15
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
I don't drive in winter if they are salting the roads, but I drive it the rest of the time. Even in good summer weather there will be times when the windshield get dirty (bugs, birds, etc.) and you have to spray fluid and run the wipers or stop and clean it. I suggest you keep it and decide if the stock tank blocks enough air to justify the cost of relocating it.
That's what it comes down to, can I justify the cost of the relocation kit, or do I just remove it all together. I can carry wipes with me for when I need to clean the windshield

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust
Old 01-30-2015, 10:43 PM   #16
rangomr

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT V6 Convertible
I got mine CAI from Apex and did not bother moving the fluid container since it was not in the way. It does not show since I had the glass over the CAI darken out because of my other custom covers. And since my other car was in the body shop for 11 months last year, I had no choice but to drive my Camaro. So yes I had to use the cleaner a few times. Truely looking forward to our two April shows coming up in Charlotte, NC and then driving the Tail of the Dragon and finally in Bowling Green, Ky. We've got 17 signed up to all drive over together from Statesville, NC so that should be a great time. Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #17
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible Triple Black
I did the relocate bottle and removed the factory washer unit because I added the ADM air scoop. I would be cautious about adding the scoop if you have to drive in heavy rains or run into a flooded area on the road.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:01 AM   #18
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
I tried it once to see if it would spray past the windshield. It does.

99% of the time we're in the car, the top is down... so using it would spray us/the leather interior. the rest of the time, it would be spraying onto the top which I figure the chemicals wouldn't be good on. So I don't anticipate ever using it. There's a bottle of Adams glass cleaner in the trunk if we need to clean the windshield.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:10 AM   #19
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
I tried it once to see if it would spray past the windshield. It does.

99% of the time we're in the car, the top is down... so using it would spray us/the leather interior. the rest of the time, it would be spraying onto the top which I figure the chemicals wouldn't be good on. So I don't anticipate ever using it. There's a bottle of Adams glass cleaner in the trunk if we need to clean the windshield.
That's exactly what I've found, it is kind of useless especially with the top down. Also, like you said, it can't be good for it to be sprayed onto the top and have it dry into it.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust
Old 01-31-2015, 07:47 AM   #20
Camarodriver2

Drives: Bumblebee 1 of 1
I removed my wipers and the car looks so much better. Maybe I don't need the washer tank either now that I think about it.
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:56 AM   #21
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
buy a relo kit. I did easy install. Got the apex one.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:15 AM   #22
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver2 View Post
I removed my wipers and the car looks so much better. Maybe I don't need the washer tank either now that I think about it.

I don't know if I'd go that far with either of our good weather cars. As much as we try not to, we do get caught by a surprise rain show occasionally.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:38 AM   #23
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Adams glass cleaner
Good stuff.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #24
Ryanbabz71

Quote:
I don't know if I'd go that far with either of our good weather cars. As much as we try not to, we do get caught by a surprise rain show occasionally.

Aqua-pel and drive fast

Ryan
Old 01-31-2015, 11:11 AM   #25
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
I am looking to do a Cold Air Intake, and most if not all of them house around the Washer tank. I was looking at relocating the tank, but there was a a couple of suggestions to remove the tank totally. Here is my question to other 'vert owners. After thinking about how many times I do not use the fluid, does anyone really use it? I only drive my car in the summer, so I am not concerned about use of it during bad weather. If you vote yes, let me know if you drive your 'vert during winter months in the snow.
I removed mine along with the wipers too. Call me crazy, but I never drive my car in the rain. As a backup I didn't put rain x on the windshield.