Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Briggs

Drives: 2011 black 2lt
Angry boston acoustic premium system sounds horrible

So I test drove 2010 1lt Camaro for the weekend with the ba premium 9 speaker and it sounded amazing. It was clear and clean with good bass. I decided to get 2011 2lt with same options same ba system. It sounds like crap compared to the 2010. Its like Im getting very little bass and sound for that matter from my rear speakers. When I turn up it distorts. I have adjusted levels a thousand times trying to figure out why it doesnt sound good. I have faded sound to just back and they sound like crap. This is the exact same amp and speakers as the 2010. If anyone knows the answer let me know thanks.
Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
ljones

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Same issue here. Once the bass comes in, it's a done deal. A song I generally test with, Beyonce feat. jay-Z - Upgrade You. That song a good range of bass, and tends to kill speakers that can't hang. The BA can't hang at all.
ljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Rcfiddy1

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Disconnect the center speaker....Read in audio section. A few of us have done it and it sounds alot better.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...center+speaker
ECS Paxton Novi 1500 Blower Black, Alky Control Meth Injection, LS3 conversion, ECS Blower cam, Trunion upgrade, Vigilante 2800 stall, BMR suspension parts, 3.45 rear, Stainless Works LT headers, BnB fusion ZL1 exhaust, Ridetech Coilovers.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
Simple fix, stop listening to the music u are listening to
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post

These cars are meant for Rock-N-Roll ...
Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I'm going to say the problem is you are listening to heavy bass. If you want a lot of thump you're gonna need to add a sub. Unlike some systems in other cars the BA in the Camaro doesn't have a separate sub. So lots of bass will kill the speakers.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Wow, then I'm sure thankful that mine came with the GM audio system. No complaints here.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Now that's funny!

I hate to throw water on the party, but, with only one post you (the OP) come on here hacking about the sound system? Something doesn't smell right. (just sayin'.)
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 AM   #9
Big Brunsy

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post

These cars are meant for Rock-N-Roll ...
hells yeah!!!

and BTW, half way thru the run in 2010 they changed the amp in the BA system. Too many people were blowing their speakers, so they tuned down the amps. I blew my speaker and had to specifically tell the service manager NOT to change out my amp.

see this thread for more info....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59377
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I disconnected the center speaker at the speaker itself, and it does sound much better. Try that and then make your changes to your settings.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #11
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
:troll:

Hmmmmmm. still one post. And no further discussion on the part of the O.P.

Smellin' "TROLL" here.............
Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
YodaOnCrack

Drives: 2011/1LT/RS/VictoryRed/Bl.Stripes
An audio tech said not to disconnect from the speaker and especially don't cut the wire as this will cause feedback into the amp damaging it. Can the audio tech's out there either validate or invalidate this statement??? Thanks
YodaOnCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
Scotimus

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaOnCrack View Post
An audio tech said not to disconnect from the speaker and especially don't cut the wire as this will cause feedback into the amp damaging it. Can the audio tech's out there either validate or invalidate this statement??? Thanks
Not cutting the wire I can understand. But why should one not disconnect the speaker? did they give any reasoning for this?
Scotimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
you never want to push signal through an amp to a lead (wire) that has no speaker load to release to, if you disconnect the lead from the amplifier itself you'll be fine.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #15
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
, Listen to Heavy Metal and it sounds great
Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #16
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
install subwoofer and change out head end unit...done deal.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
YodaOnCrack

Drives: 2011/1LT/RS/VictoryRed/Bl.Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
you never want to push signal through an amp to a lead (wire) that has no speaker load to release to, if you disconnect the lead from the amplifier itself you'll be fine.
Right, but the unfortunate thing is you can't disconnect the lead from the amp, it's built-in harness. There lies the problem. So, guys are either unplugging the speaker or cutting the wire, which I was told will cause damage to the amp. Just don't want to see anyone f up their system by doing this if that's the case. Recently got my car with the BA system, been reading the threads, got tint yesterday, and asked the audio tech to do this for me while I was there. He said no way I'm not and neither should you do this with that explanation.

Originally posted by y2k king

Will this eliminate the center speaker without unplugging it or cutting the wire? That speaker does sound like shit. It would be nice if it were gone without damaging any of the system
YodaOnCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
8 cylinders > 9 speakers
2009 - 2012: 2010 2SS RS IBM M6 Photos, MGW Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms/Tunnel Brace, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported TB, Kooks 6511-Complete (Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers), dyno tuned by R.P.M. = 415 hp/412 lb-ft.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^'s than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #19
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
hells yeah!!!

and BTW, half way thru the run in 2010 they changed the amp in the BA system. Too many people were blowing their speakers, so they tuned down the amps. I blew my speaker and had to specifically tell the service manager NOT to change out my amp.

see this thread for more info....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59377

This is correct, when my front speakers blew they changed my amp also, and now my stereo completely sucks compared to what it was, it sounds like the front speakers are screaming at you due to no bass in the front, and the rear sound like they are only pushing half of what they use to. I think a speaker upgrade would of been better than a system downgrade--you m.fers
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #20
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
Right, but the unfortunate thing is you can't disconnect the lead from the amp, it's built-in harness. There lies the problem. So, guys are either unplugging the speaker or cutting the wire, which I was told will cause damage to the amp. Just don't want to see anyone f up their system by doing this if that's the case. Recently got my car with the BA system, been reading the threads, got tint yesterday, and asked the audio tech to do this for me while I was there. He said no way I'm not and neither should you do this with that explanation.

Will this eliminate the center speaker without unplugging it or cutting the wire? That speaker does sound like shit. It would be nice if it were gone without damaging any of the system
center speaker still works but control of your system is much better.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #21
Krissy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, Summit White
The BA system IS horrible. I listen to a lot of Rock too and it sounds really bad. My Hummer has the GM system and it blows the hell out of the BA in my Camaro. Is GM offering a "fix" for this? Or do I just need to eat it and go buy new speakers and amps at the car audio store?

Bummed.
Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #22
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
I rented a Hyundai Sonata for a business trip and the stereo in it would blow away the upgraded BA system in my RS. GM really didnt give us much of a stereo system.
I am having two 12" Kicker subs installed this morning in a subthump box with a Rockford Fosgate amp. I am sick of the lack of bass in the BA system.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #23
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:

Not correct. If there is no speaker hooked up, there is no load, regardless of if there is a wire connected at the amp or not. Without the speaker to complete the circuit, there is no circuit and the amp could care less if there is a wire terminated on it or not.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #24
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I've owned a lot of GM vehicles with premium sound systems and the BA system in my 2010 is fantastic. Way better than the Bose set-up in my Yukon.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #25
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:

I talked to a professional audio shop this morning and they assured me that disconnecting the center speaker would NOT damage the amp in any way.

Tags
sound