Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #29
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,712
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

.........I swear after the OU/Okie lite game im sick of hearing Boomer Spooner over and over and over
How could anyone EVER get tired of that?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #30
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191
 
Pamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
How could anyone EVER get tired of that?

__________________
Pamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,712
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Wow. Got to looking.

If OU wins this game and wins the Big 12 next year, the Big 12 will have been won 50% of the time by OU.

After Saturday Stoops will litteraly have won the conference 7 out of 12 times. And in the CCG 8 of 12. That's pretty damn good.

Name:  New Picture.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  35.0 KB
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #32
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy
 
rmpackers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I respect your reply and no I probably shouldnt have jumped to conclusion on what kind of fan you are. I normally dont rant on other fans weather I win or lose however the last two times in Dallas and in lincoln in which I attended both games I ran across TONS of classless fans who I can honestly say were the worst I have ever been around in Sports period. I know there are bad apples in every crowd however I just happened to be around where all of the basket was spoiled I guess. Plus hearing on other board excuses and bickering on why we won its old.

5-4 hell I dont know what that means I know it isnt out record because I only wish we had lost 4 games but we lost more I just figured it was something a nebraska fan was refering to us as.

Rather than looking into a crystal ball how about you just tell us. I know its not the overall record of the meeting between the two schools.


As for the other comment up above




I will as well have the game on but I will have my Tv on mute I swear after the OU/Okie lite game im sick of hearing Boomer Spooner over and over and over
Sorry you ran into some bad examples and yes everyone has them. Our usually very sedate crowd in Green Bay this year contained more than one unsportsman like individual. I would love to show you the better side of Husker Nation if you ever get a chance to visit the city again for any reason.
OK, I win! Nebraska has 5 National Championship trophies (CRYSTAL BALL TYPE) and Texas has 4!
Good luck to everyone on Saturday and hopefully every player has the game of his life!
__________________
NFL OWNR I love the smell of new car in the morning!

Last edited by rmpackers; 12-03-2010 at 12:11 PM.
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #33
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Yeah, I'm still not entirely sure what you're talking about. And Jekyll, come on man, Our record this year was 5-6. We played 11 games, not 9

Also, in the 14 games that Texas has played against Nebraska between 1933 and 2010, Our record against Nebraska is 10 wins, 4 losses.

I would have to go and look to see what the record is during the Big XII era.

Of course, for all I know, you could be quoting Nebraska's series record against OU. If that's the case, I have no desire spending any more time researching that
Record is:
Series record
OU vs Nebraska

OU's favor

W-L-T
44-38-3
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #34
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,870
According to Wikipedia, national championship records show
Oklahoma - 17
Texas - 14
Nebraska - 11
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,712
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
According to Wikipedia, national championship records show
Oklahoma - 17
Texas - 14
Nebraska - 11
Right, and USC 57

NCAA recognized NCs are a mythical thing. Who knows. lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #36
springerpete
Orange GM freak
 
springerpete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 3500HD
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ponca City, OK
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I will as well have the game on but I will have my Tv on mute I swear after the OU/Okie lite game im sick of hearing Boomer Spooner over and over and over
Oh Wow, Okie lite still huh? Cow worshipper

Since your counting all NCs, how about 50: Oklahoma State
__________________
"My hair's turnin' White, my neck is still Red and my collar is still Blue"
springerpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #37
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed
 
SSMOKINHOT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the garage doing mods!!
Posts: 1,600
BOOMER SOONER all the way baby!!!! (and before you ask since I have NY plates and live in Louisiana....I lived in OKC for 13 yrs and am getting my Master's from OU)
__________________
Proud to be COTW 12/19/11
My build thread -----> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140034
SSMOKINHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #38
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN
 
Jekyll-N-Hyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Weatherford and Azle TX hway730
Posts: 2,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerpete View Post
Oh Wow, Okie lite still huh? Cow worshipper

Since your counting all NCs, how about 50: Oklahoma State


Cow Worshipper ? You know I'm not a Tshirt Fan I went to school at UT and graduated in 2003. I'm 29 and have been to every single TEXAS/OU game since I was 6 months old. I respect my school for the history and what it means to be a longhorn. I'm with my Team Win or Lose and will always be that way. I don't worship a Steer when I know sports is only something to look forward to on weekends away from real life however if thats what you think of me as ( tshirt worshipping fan ) So be it lol

When our season was over I was picking Okie lite as you are refered as to TEXAS Fans to win the big12 why? for the last 12 years you have been a solid contender every game we have played you and yall are the one and only school who has played us close every year for the last 5 years.
With the $$$$$$$ T boone has spent its about time yall go this far.

why are you okie lite ? You will always be known as the other school in oklahoma no matter what you do. Ask anyone in the US who they think of in Oklahoma for Football 99% will say OU. Hell the young lady in the post above is in NY and she is a OU Fan. No one thinks of okie state when they think Football in oklahoma.
Beating us 1 time out of how many years doesnt make you tough shit. out of the 25 ever meetings our two teams have met we have beat you 22 times to your 3.
Congrats on your win this year as it was coming we all knew it was going to happen soon or later as you always play hard against us. Take the shots at us right now because even you know we wont be down long. After this season $$$$$$$ is about to fly around.


I dont care how many basketball NC's you have or NC's in anything for a matter of fact good for yall. to me and everyone else you are still Okie Lite and will always be in the shadow of OU and will probably still 20 years from now be where you are by recruiting TEXAS atheltes to get you there.

congrats on this season next year yall should be good again if good health sticks with ya.

Hookem
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #39
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed
 
SSMOKINHOT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the garage doing mods!!
Posts: 1,600
Texas fans can't read...otherwise he would have seen that I LIVED in OK for 13 years and am going to school at OU and THAT is why I am an OU fan!!!

Have to admit, Okie Lite is pretty funny there springerpete....but Bevo is what's for dinner!!

(sorry, just couldn't resist)
__________________
Proud to be COTW 12/19/11
My build thread -----> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140034
SSMOKINHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #40
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,712
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
BOOMER SOONER all the way baby!!!! (and before you ask since I have NY plates and live in Louisiana....I lived in OKC for 13 yrs and am getting my Master's from OU)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Cow Worshipper ? You know I'm not a Tshirt Fan I went to school at UT and graduated in 2003. I'm 29 and have been to every single TEXAS/OU game since I was 6 months old. I respect my school for the history and what it means to be a longhorn. I'm with my Team Win or Lose and will always be that way. I don't worship a Steer when I know sports is only something to look forward to on weekends away from real life however if thats what you think of me as ( tshirt worshipping fan ) So be it lol

When our season was over I was picking Okie lite as you are refered as to TEXAS Fans to win the big12 why? for the last 12 years you have been a solid contender every game we have played you and yall are the one and only school who has played us close every year for the last 5 years.
With the $$$$$$$ T boone has spent its about time yall go this far.

why are you okie lite ? You will always be known as the other school in oklahoma no matter what you do. Ask anyone in the US who they think of in Oklahoma for Football 99% will say OU. Hell the young lady in the post above is in NY and she is a OU Fan. No one thinks of okie state when they think Football in oklahoma.
Beating us 1 time out of how many years doesnt make you tough shit. out of the 25 ever meetings our two teams have met we have beat you 22 times to your 3.
Congrats on your win this year as it was coming we all knew it was going to happen soon or later as you always play hard against us. Take the shots at us right now because even you know we wont be down long. After this season $$$$$$$ is about to fly around.


I dont care how many basketball NC's you have or NC's in anything for a matter of fact good for yall. to me and everyone else you are still Okie Lite and will always be in the shadow of OU and will probably still 20 years from now be where you are by recruiting TEXAS atheltes to get you there.

congrats on this season next year yall should be good again if good health sticks with ya.

Hookem
HOLY CRAP............ I laughed my ass off.......

That's pretty dedicated dude. hahahahahahahaha
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #41
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,870
Face it, Oklahoma and Texas have excellent football programs, at more than one school. I will have to say that Stillwater beats Norman in one area in my book.....Eskimo Joe's and the original Hideaway!
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #42
MEDISIN

 
MEDISIN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 1,414
I know there's a lot of bad blood between the remainder of the BigXII and Nebraska but I wish the Huskers the best in the Big10. Regardless of how conferences shake out over the next couple of years, I hope someday OU vs NU will return as an annual affair. It's one of the greatest rivalries in college football.

Best of luck on Saturday - may the best team win.
__________________
2012 - Present: 2011 CTS-V Sedan, A6, Airaid and Tune by R.P.M. = 515 hp/487 lb-ft.
2009 - 2012: 2010 2SS RS IBM M6, MGW Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms/Tunnel Brace, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported TB, Kooks 6511-Complete (Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers), dyno tuned by R.P.M. = 415 hp/412 lb-ft.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3-Time NASCAR Champ Jimmie Johnson on the new Camaro & his Camaro giveaway! punkdrum01 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 24 03-04-2009 04:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.