Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
chewy4ce
Banned

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am/ 455
Im 19 and already have a cool GM

BUT...

Im going to order a camaro within the next two weeks...was thinkin of going to oregon to get it...but i live in NC...and its just stupid...but oh well

Anyways...been savin up for this car for 2 years and will have enough to pay outright cash...which trust me...i ve been so tempted to fix my TA up but had to stay strong

Anyways...i have enough money for this

2SS with RS and Short Throw/Black

And btw...does anybody know the likelyhood of the Camaro Black appearance being available anytime soon...cuz i havent seen that 20 inch black wheel anywhere...and ive talked to dealers and they dont have a black finished 20 inch wheel.

And on the Black RS...will the Aurora ring be Red or Blue?

Sorry...i didnt have time to skim through thread as i am always traveling and i have buy these stupid internet timecards.

Also...will someone tell me how to Obtain GMS?

Sorry...this will be my first new car
chewy4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
MB2010CC
Back in Black

Drives: 2010 Black 2LT/RS Camaro
To answser a few of your questions...

The wheels on the Camaro Black are the 21" wheels with the black accents. They are available for purchase when you order.

If by Aurora ring you mean the Halos on the headlights they will be white like the lights. It is illeagal to have them red or blue.

Hope I helped.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
gms is employee discount pricing... unless you or someone your related to works for gm, it doesn't apply to you.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
And.......
The BLACK car at SEMA was just a concept. It was a way to show what can be done to a car with the GMPP parts.
Also make sure to read up on the price threads here before you go to the dealer. Be prepared with all the information and do not pay more than MSRP. There are plenty of dealers that are willing to sell at MSRP or less.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #5
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
I wish I had this much money at 19...
- Xanthos
Old 01-16-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Yeah. I'm 19 and wishing i had a job.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
- Xanthos
You can say whatever you want here,remember its the internet . If he was smart he would just put down a large deposit and finance the rest to improve his credit score.This is not a cash world anymore,even if you have cash .
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah the first thing I did out of school was take out a 1000.00 loan and paid it back in 6 months.

Helped me out alot.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #9
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
- Xanthos
word why the hell u got that much money and how do i get into that buisness

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4ce View Post
Also...will someone tell me how to Obtain GMS?
You can't, unless your dad or someone in your family (and there are restrictions on that) works for GM. If a GM employee gives out GMS discounts to non-family members, I think GM will actually revoke his or her future discounts or something like that.
If you have a friend who works for GM, then you qualify for GMU (supplier) pricing.

My Cars: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE, 2007 Ford F-150 XL (State-issued)
Extended Family: 2013 GMC Terrain SLE, 1998 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab

FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #11
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Im 19 also dont have that much money I only got 10k but have only been saving for like 6 months or so. Just shows you if young adults put their minds to something and really want "Hey it can happen" Before I always said I was going to get the camaro but wasnt saving up any money just spending it as I got it on stupid things. Then I came onto this site and thought about all the money im making, and if I save up I could seriously have big down payment and get this hellova car. Props for you Chevy4ce I wish I wised up 2 years ago and saved all my money I could have had cash for this car too damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You can't, unless your dad or someone in your family (and there are restrictions on that) works for GM. If a GM employee gives out GMS discounts to non-family members, I think GM will actually revoke his or her future discounts or something like that.
If you have a friend who works for GM, then you qualify for GMU (supplier) pricing.

I believe they extended it to farther members in the family. Im not to sure how far it can go but they can only use it to so many people in the family per year now or something not to familiar with it yet.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post

I believe they extended it to farther members in the family. Im not to sure how far it can go but they can only use it to so many people in the family per year now or something not to familiar with it yet.
Yeah, and come to think of it, I think they had some program where we could give out 1 GMS discount to somebody outside the family...not sure if that's still in effect.

My Cars: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE, 2007 Ford F-150 XL (State-issued)
Extended Family: 2013 GMC Terrain SLE, 1998 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab

FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
- Xanthos
+1
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #14
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Holy crap, dude, it's amazing how similar our stories are. I'm only two years older than you and I used to have a 1978 Trans Am, however I bought it sight unseen and it turned out to be a mess that I had to sell for no profit. I have been since working and saving for the Camaro and within a year, although I won't be able to pay for it in cash, I'll pay damn near 85% of it in cash! I wish you luck with the Trans Am and hope you can enjoy it more than I did mine; second-gen TAs were my original dream cars.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #15
chewy4ce
Banned

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am/ 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
You can say whatever you want here,remember its the internet . If he was smart he would just put down a large deposit and finance the rest to improve his credit score.This is not a cash world anymore,even if you have cash .
No thank you...I will pay outright cash whenever i can...I dont see the justification of paying 6k more in the long run for something that i could just pay outright cash.

Anyway to your remark about me possibly lying about how i got the funds to purchase a camaro....

This is what i do

I am a professional Thermographer and Lead Inspector for a company called Global Infrared. What i do is go into establisments such as a fedex, UPS, Costco and (we are trying to get GM as well) and etc. I strip down all electrical panels, disconnects, belt controls, Buckets, MCCPs and anything else that has power runnin to it and take an infrared picture with a special camera and report any violations, tripped breakers, connection faults, overloaded breakers, misintallations, and transformer defects. This is how i made the money.

I also plan on paying for a house outright with cash.

I do not believe putting yourself in debt.

If i cant pay for the whole thing...i dont want it.

Last edited by chewy4ce; 01-16-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: grammar
chewy4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #16
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4ce View Post
No thank you...I will pay outright cash whenever i can...I dont see the justification of paying 6k more in the long run for something that i could just pay outright cash.

Anyway to your remark about me possibly lying about how i got the funds to purchase a camaro....

This is what i do

I am a professional Thermographer and Lead Inspector for a company called Global Infrared. What i do is go into establisments such as a fedex, UPS, Costco and (we are trying to get GM as well) and etc. I strip down all electrical panels, disconnects, belt controls, Buckets, MCCPs and anything else that has power runnin to it and take an infrared picture with a special camera and report any violations, tripped breakers, connection faults, overloaded breakers, misintallations, and transformer defects. This is how i made the money.

I also plan on paying for a house outright with cash.

I do not putting believe yourself in debt.

If i cant pay for the whole thing...i dont want it.
sounds like an awesome gig!

i like your financial philosophy. i try as best i can to do the same, but if you can get super-low interest financing, or 0% somehow, you should go for it because, as someone else said, too many things are based on your credit nowadays. it also helps to put that cash in a savings account you can draw upon while making no-interest payments. you make money & build credit essentially for free.