Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,006
XSPower Systems

Anyone try this system yet. They look great. I just received a set and was wondering what everyone thought. They are on sale for $777.

Bill
Attached Images
 
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Last edited by BowlingSS; 05-01-2011 at 12:39 PM.
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
ERZperformance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V8
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hayward CA
Posts: 399
Get them installed looks great can't beat the price either.
ERZperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Prochargedchevyi
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 153
Stop it, stop it, stop it!!!! It's so tempting! Please someone get these damn things installed and dyno tested so I can justifying cutting a check and inevitably killed by my wife. Totally worth it in my opinion.
Prochargedchevyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,268
well , imo, the company itself is part of ss autochrome.. somehow..worse company reviews imaginable...but aside from that ..exhaust review, looks decent .. ..also no cats......and i,m betting that mufflers will run on the loud side....personally i spent 1850 for the kooks -hi flow cats and a quality magnaflow 3inch with xpipe exhaust...add 350 for cats and your up to 1127.00..you saved 720 above what i spent for a kooks heaeder system with 3in magnaflow cat back....so $$$ wise your ahead of the game...if exhaust isn,t to loud and you get serious drone after the 1500-2000 mile muffler break in..that will have to tale of the tape..i,m pretty sure it is not a 3inch exhaust , also if you need toswap out mufflers and tips down the road... cost savings will be minimal..good luck and waiting to see results 3-6 months out...kooks and magnaflows are proven...so you the guinea pig...get them put on already..also i,m not bashing saying negative...just pointing out things that others need to consider, who are on fence and want to get as much insight as possible...mufflers need proper break in b4 you can compare sound...so posting sound clips 2 days after install won,t work,,, need at least 1k miles to break in...flowmasters ,magnaflow, cherrybomb, spent decades designing researching mufflers...so don,t forget these are also no name mufflers..so sound after break in is unknown..
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
CamaroCowboy

 
CamaroCowboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Copperas Cove, Texas
Posts: 1,874
I looked at that system but with no cats I decided that I might as well stay with what I got.
__________________
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
ERZperformance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro V8
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hayward CA
Posts: 399
is that a 3 inch exhaust system
ERZperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERZperformance View Post
is that a 3 inch exhaust system
Info on the system:

-1 7/8" Primary longtube headers
-Made out of 321 Stainless Steel polished to a chrome like finish!
-3" X-pipe and intermediate pipes
-Offroad version
-3" Catback with mufflers and tips
-All gaskets, bolts, clamps are included!
-Only item needed to complete the install is (2) 6" O2 extensions.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
Prochargedchevyi
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
Info on the system:

-1 7/8" Primary longtube headers
-Made out of 321 Stainless Steel polished to a chrome like finish!
-3" X-pipe and intermediate pipes
-Offroad version
-3" Catback with mufflers and tips
-All gaskets, bolts, clamps are included!
-Only item needed to complete the install is (2) 6" O2 extensions.
Is the assembly for this product performed in NC? I remember reading that somewhere.
__________________
"This house is protected by the good Lord and a gun. You'll meet both if you show up uninvited."
Prochargedchevyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #9
Andro
NOICE!!! ™
 
Andro's Avatar
 
Drives: Force Fed 427
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GOT BOOST?
Posts: 5,216
Sure looks like a Kook's copy? Hmmmmm......?
__________________
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #10
96/10SS
 
96/10SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Orange w/ Grey stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SFL
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prochargedchevyi View Post
Stop it, stop it, stop it!!!! It's so tempting! Please someone get these damn things installed and dyno tested so I can justifying cutting a check and inevitably killed by my wife. Totally worth it in my opinion.
IM right tthere with ya i need numbers and proven results before i just leap into a new company.
96/10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prochargedchevyi View Post
Is the assembly for this product performed in NC? I remember reading that somewhere.
The company is in NC.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #12
GEEo
OKCamaros
 
GEEo's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 WRX STi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Muskogee, OK
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96/10SS View Post
IM right tthere with ya i need numbers and proven results before i just leap into a new company.
+1

Is this XS power the same XS power from the tuner cars??
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
xxlbeerz
 
xxlbeerz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 535
From what I gather, it seems that in recent history, XS Power has improved. I can find a lot of complaints from 2003-2007/8 (mostly about turbo parts), but after that most everyone seems satisfied. I found a bunch of pics of 2 and 3 year old exhausts and they don't rust out.

Looking at the Corvette forums, users seem to like them. People also have decent luck on LS1tech (one complaint I found). Looking at transactions, they must have many thousands of parts/systems out there.

Are they copies? Are they really made in NC? I don't know, never found proof they weren't.

I probably wouldn't buy the turbo parts, but the exhausts seem okay.
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #14
cpssr
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Haughton, LA
Posts: 292
I will be getting my car tuned soon I just will not have before numbers.
cpssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,006
I am going to wait before I put mine on. My car only has 200 miles on it and want to make sure it was broken in first.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
96/10SS
 
96/10SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Orange w/ Grey stripes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SFL
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
I am going to wait before I put mine on. My car only has 200 miles on it and want to make sure it was broken in first.

Bill
I have seen a few posts of you promoting this company so it would definitely help if you put yours on an gave us feedback
96/10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:39 AM   #17
Bowtie32
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Posts: 66
I just placed an order and will get it installed soon. As long as this snow melts I'll be able to drive and give the results.
Bowtie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:03 AM   #18
v6sonoma


 
v6sonoma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 7,790
Well the price is in the right ballpark.
__________________

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #19
Stic It
SIP
 
Stic It's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS, L99, A6 , Silver Ice
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 203
Thumbs up

Well I bit the bullet and bought a set and I must say they are very well made and the polishing is a plus. I installed them with no issues and everything fit right. The hardest part of it all was just getting the tips lined up to be perfect. "Just Me"

How they sound , well to me they sound bad ass and they have just the right tone to them. I drive 110 miles a day to and from work and when I set the cruz to 65mph I can not hear any drone, just a good sounding tone and if I turn the radio on I can't even hear it.

Now when you do get on it this system will wake the dead and thats what I want

Performance wise I wont know till I head back to the track next Friday and tune in all in but you can tell they make a differance in the seat of the pants feel.

Sorry but you just cant beat the price , looks and sound of this system over some of the other high end ones I sell. 1" 7/8's,true 3" front to back and polished at the price they are being offerd at is remarkable.

Having a choice is what everyone wants so its up to the buyer to decide.
I am not able to promote my performance shop yet on here but when I do very soon, I can tell you that I will be adding this system to my list as a choice for my custumers.

good luck decideing .
__________________
"My Birthday gift from my wife on 10/19/2010 "
Stic It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #20
Alain

 
Alain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, RS, Manual. 2012 F150, FX4
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stic It View Post
Well I bit the bullet and bought a set and I must say they are very well made and the polishing is a plus. I installed them with no issues and everything fit right. The hardest part of it all was just getting the tips lined up to be perfect. "Just Me"

How they sound , well to me they sound bad ass and they have just the right tone to them. I drive 110 miles a day to and from work and when I set the cruz to 65mph I can not hear any drone, just a good sounding tone and if I turn the radio on I can't even hear it.

Now when you do get on it this system will wake the dead and thats what I want

Performance wise I wont know till I head back to the track next Friday and tune in all in but you can tell they make a differance in the seat of the pants feel.

Sorry but you just cant beat the price , looks and sound of this system over some of the other high end ones I sell. 1" 7/8's,true 3" front to back and polished at the price they are being offerd at is remarkable.

Having a choice is what everyone wants so its up to the buyer to decide.
I am not able to promote my performance shop yet on here but when I do very soon, I can tell you that I will be adding this system to my list as a choice for my custumers.

good luck decideing .
dude !!!!! where's the video ?!!?!?!?! i'm waiting to get a little bit more feedback from people who've bought it before i pull the trigger. i'll only be getting the headers though, i want to keep my stock exhaust that i had the mufflers deleted on it. i don't care about drone and being too loud.

the louder the better, it's a CAMARO, not supposed to be quiet or practical, just bad ass !!!!!!

now get that video up damn it lolololol
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #21
Prochargedchevyi
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
dude !!!!! where's the video ?!!?!?!?! i'm waiting to get a little bit more feedback from people who've bought it before i pull the trigger. i'll only be getting the headers though, i want to keep my stock exhaust that i had the mufflers deleted on it. i don't care about drone and being too loud.

the louder the better, it's a CAMARO, not supposed to be quiet or practical, just bad ass !!!!!!

now get that video up damn it lolololol

X2
__________________
"This house is protected by the good Lord and a gun. You'll meet both if you show up uninvited."
Prochargedchevyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #22
Alain

 
Alain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, RS, Manual. 2012 F150, FX4
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,508
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpssr View Post
I will be getting my car tuned soon I just will not have before numbers.
any numbers yet?
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #23
cpssr
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Haughton, LA
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
any numbers yet?
Once I get the vararam I ordered on black Friday. I will get it tuned and post the after numbers.
cpssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #24
rally yellow ss rs
 
rally yellow ss rs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 452
Also a video clip for sound at idle and flooring it would be nice.
rally yellow ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #25
Alain

 
Alain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, RS, Manual. 2012 F150, FX4
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpssr View Post
Once I get the vararam I ordered on black Friday. I will get it tuned and post the after numbers.
cool
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ADM Performance "Street" and "Race" intake systems from Apex Motorsports Apex Motorsports V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 12 07-16-2010 07:47 PM
STS Twin Turbos SupremacyCustoms Forced Induction - V8 0 02-16-2010 01:35 PM
Corsa Group Buy $1150 Shipped - V6, V8 Systems! BMC Performance V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 35 10-13-2009 10:21 AM
Procharger supercharger now available for new Camaro khislop007 Forced Induction - V8 55 07-07-2009 04:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.