Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Auto Shows / Events

Auto Shows / Events Auto Shows / Events

Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Fishbait

Drives: 1999 Z28
Camaro at 2009 St. Louis Auto Show

Hey guys, quick question...

I noticed that the 2010 Camaro is shown here (5th picture from the left) as being shown at the upcoming St. Louis Auto Show, subject to change of course. What are the odds that we'll be getting something other than the red fiberglass car?

I go to school a few hours away, and whether or not something besides the red fiberglass model will be there will pretty much make my decision whether to head back for the weekend or not.

TIA
Old 01-17-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
to the best of my knowledge, there will be one there. it's listed on the show schedule anyway. if by 'red fiberglass car' you're talking about the red concept, they ain't had that one out in a while, especially since the production models have been hitting the shows.

ps - welcome to the site
Old 01-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Folks,

I have been in contact with Scott (Fbodfather) concerning the St. Louis show. There will be a new Camaro there for us "St Louisians" to drool over and admire up close and personal.

I have no information on the color or model as I'm sure Scott will bring what is available!

If I get any new info, I will share with you. (Or maybe Scott will post here if he gets a breather)

See you at the show!

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
Old 01-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
paulm85
Red Jewl

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, M6
Awesome....I hope that it is comparable to what I ordered and that we can sit in it
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel/CGM stripes vin #38202

Permagrin started on 9/12/2009
Old 01-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Here's crossing my finging for IOM

Did Scott say if he would actually be there too?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #6
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
Hey guys, quick question...

I noticed that the 2010 Camaro is shown here (5th picture from the left) as being shown at the upcoming St. Louis Auto Show, subject to change of course. What are the odds that we'll be getting something other than the red fiberglass car?

I go to school a few hours away, and whether or not something besides the red fiberglass model will be there will pretty much make my decision whether to head back for the weekend or not.

TIA
Good question. I emailed the promoters of the local show in Denver coming in a few months and they said its up to Chevrolet. So far they could only confirm the Transformers Car was coming. I would personally love to see the SEMA cars. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
paulm85
Red Jewl

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, M6
That would be awesome if he is....maybe even talk to him a little.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel/CGM stripes vin #38202

Permagrin started on 9/12/2009
Old 01-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I wish I could make it. I'm going to try to make the KC Auto Show, so I'd like to chat with Number 3, HeatherR, JohnnyCamaro, and fbodfather and buy some lunches for you guys if I can. At the very least, I'd want to express my gratitude for your hard work on this project—from testing to development to convincing GM to make the car in the first place.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
ron8879

Drives: 2010 LT1 VR CAMARO #14568
good to here since i will be going to the show on the 30th!!! Im really hoping that we can sit in the car. Hope to see everyone there.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Man, I am definitely going. I really hope I can sit in a new Camaro. I don't care what color or which model. I only want to get an idea of how I fit in it. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GM, let us see, feel. smell, and sit in the Camaro in St. Louis.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
fishbern82

Drives: 07 HHR
well hearing this helped with my decision of going to the show or not. Can't wait now.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
Jimmy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Camaro
I hope they have an SS RS Camaro at the St. Louis Auto Show.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #13
cerberus

Drives: 2010 CGM
Yea, I am getting a 2SS RS also and I hope STL has one to check out. Also hopes it comes with stripes of some sort.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
Fishbait

Drives: 1999 Z28
Cool, looks like I'll be going then, thanks for the responses guys!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
What did you do to get an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1147 View Post
Folks,

I have been in contact with Scott (Fbodfather) concerning the St. Louis show. There will be a new Camaro there for us "St Louisians" to drool over and admire up close and personal.

I have no information on the color or model as I'm sure Scott will bring what is available!

If I get any new info, I will share with you. (Or maybe Scott will post here if he gets a breather)

See you at the show!
Josh, I have asked Scott that question on about every thread I felt it was appropriate. No response. I know he asked not to be smothered by PM's about auto shows so I have not done that. He seems to respond at random to members questions so maybe he'll respond to you. Would you find out for those of us in Houston if there will be a production camaro here when the show starts a week from today, January 24th!

I know I am not the only one that would like to find this out. If that question has been answered somewhere on here, I missed it and apopogize in advance for my error.

Many thanks if you will!!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
Scott sent me a PM response a couple weeks back saying that a production-intent model will be at the HOUSTON AUTO SHOW NEXT WEEK. he did not specify a date but said one WILL be there.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #17
OldTimer

Great! Thank you so much for your response.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
no problem, its what this site is about
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #19
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Josh, I have asked Scott that question on about every thread I felt it was appropriate. No response. I know he asked not to be smothered by PM's about auto shows so I have not done that. He seems to respond at random to members questions so maybe he'll respond to you. Would you find out for those of us in Houston if there will be a production camaro here when the show starts a week from today, January 24th!

I know I am not the only one that would like to find this out. If that question has been answered somewhere on here, I missed it and apopogize in advance for my error.

Many thanks if you will!!
\

I don't like to post 'which' Camaros will be at which shows -- because it constantly changes -- (if you could only see the excel spreadsheet that we have to maintain to schedule:

>ZR1
>Camaro Pre-production
>Camaro Non-saleable
>Camaro SEMA
>2010 Equinox
>Concept cars
>CTS-v
>CTS Sportwagon
>2010 SRX
>Volt
>Volt Chassis
>Converj
>Silverado Hybrid
>Equinox Fuel Cell
>CTS Coupe
>Cruze
>Orlando
.........plus a whole bunch of other vehicles --

...................did I mention that I cover 66 shows?

Old 01-17-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
It doesn't help people in the midwest, but Scott did tell me over a month ago there will be a Camaro at the Portland show first week of February. Too bad i'm working in Colorado and won't get to see it. It still looks like the first 2010 Camaro I ever see will be the one I own.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
OldTimer

Np Scott. I just want to know so if there isn't one, I can make plans to come to Philly.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #22
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
I'm so freaking excited ! I don't need to see anything else. Hope Londoff gets a lot of Camaros , I live a block away. I can walk up there and drool.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
I'm so freaking excited ! I don't need to see anything else. Hope Londoff gets a lot of Camaros , I live a block away. I can walk up there and drool.

Hey. drool over them at Londoff, but don't buy there. They were my first stop for preodrering and I was pretty much told to expect to pay over MSRP. They will put them out for bid, and the highest bidder will get them. I left!

If you need on to buy or preorder, go to Elcho on Manchester. Talk to Pat Stroker. He will set you up, and it will be MSRP (maybe lower down the road). He's a really cool guy. Tell'em Sean sent you
Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #24
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Well I'm bummed out.....I have to fly to DC for work in the morning and won't be back to STL until the 5th.

For those of you who get to go, please take some good pics and report back here on how the show was.

At least I had the chance to sit in NUMBER3's red camaro when he came through town so I know that the interior (well at least the cloth) will be comfortable. If they have a leather interior there to sit in, let me know how it compares.

Also, can someone get some good pics of the dash, stereo console area, rearview mirrow and any controls that might be on the roof above the rearview?

Have a great time!! If you get the chance, that Scott for taking care of us here in St. Louis!!

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
Old 01-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #25
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1147 View Post
Well I'm bummed out.....I have to fly to DC for work in the morning and won't be back to STL until the 5th.

For those of you who get to go, please take some good pics and report back here on how the show was.

At least I had the chance to sit in NUMBER3's red camaro when he came through town so I know that the interior (well at least the cloth) will be comfortable. If they have a leather interior there to sit in, let me know how it compares.

Also, can someone get some good pics of the dash, stereo console area, rearview mirrow and any controls that might be on the roof above the rearview?

Have a great time!! If you get the chance, that Scott for taking care of us here in St. Louis!!
I will definitely take some pics. I only hope I can get inside the car to get the shots you want. Have a safe trip to DC.