Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Wassert
 
Wassert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaumont Texas
Posts: 111
Smile was thinking about getting?

a 2LT/RS because of the insurance would be cheaper and stuff but on the other hand i REALLY like the 2SS'S but i bet insurance is a little bit ( a lot) more than the 2LT?? so i need some advice lol

Also does anybody know how much round about the Black Edition Camaro will be'?


Oh and im a new member so hi everyone!!! =]
Wassert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
MerF
Go Rays!
 
MerF's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St Pete, Florida
Posts: 2,537
Black Edition Camaro was a SEMA toy, not likely to ever be produced.

As far as your other question, I'm not sure what you are asking exactly? Should you get an SS or an LT? Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

And very much welcome to the site.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet
 
teamlynn1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 342
You could make your own Black Edition Camaro easy, you just need to paint the Ground effects black, order the 21'' Black wheels and tint your windows and you will have one mean looking Camaro. Find the price thread to add all this up, figure about 350-500 to paint your ground effects, 100 to tint the windows and the rest of the info is already on the site. We would be happy to build this car for you as well..................
__________________

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151


teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Welcome to the site! As far as the insurance, I would call your company and ask some questions. Most insurance companies are now getting details on the Camaro and can quote you some round-about prices given your specifics. If they don't have the Camaro details yet, they can at least give you some guideline prices.

As far as the Black Camaro, I think Bobby summed it up nicely. Those black 21" wheels don't come cheap though.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Welcome to the site! As far as the insurance, I would call your company and ask some questions. Most insurance companies are now getting details on the Camaro and can quote you some round-about prices given your specifics. If they don't have the Camaro details yet, they can at least give you some guideline prices.

As far as the Black Camaro, I think Bobby summed it up nicely. Those black 21" wheels don't come cheap though.
Indeed. Ground effects are like 1,700 and the wheels are like 4,300 - so take whatever packages you want and add about 6,500 to it and that's what you're looking at. Since the black edition would be a 2LT/RS, you're getting close to 35,000.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro
 
ZeeTwentyFour's Avatar
 
Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 474
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
you might want to get an LS, or a 1LT RS if your looking to make it a black camaro and money is tight. Reason being your replacing the wheels, and getting the ground effects/spoiler so you wouldn't need to pay for nice wheels from the factory.
__________________
ZeeTwentyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
T! E! X! A! S!
 
Drives: No car
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 77
Konig makes some rims that look very similar to the gmpp ones. There called unkown
http://my.prostreetonline.com/photos...m/15262_19.jpg
T! E! X! A! S! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Those are fairly nice, actually.

And I don't like many aftermarket wheels.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #9
a6pk2go

 
a6pk2go's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wassert View Post
a 2LT/RS because of the insurance would be cheaper and stuff but on the other hand i REALLY like the 2SS'S but i bet insurance is a little bit ( a lot) more than the 2LT?? so i need some advice lol

Also does anybody know how much round about the Black Edition Camaro will be'?


Oh and im a new member so hi everyone!!! =]
Welcome to the site. Depends on your age. If I was under 25 and couldn't afford the car plus the insurance I would just get the V6 but it is totally up to you what you come up with. I have changed my mind so many times and you are just starting to see what all you can do to build your own. Enjoy yourself.


WARNING
: Once you get on here and search around you will get addicted.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #10
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Very addicted.

And be prepared to change what you want about 10,000,000,000 times as a6pk said.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
Wassert
 
Wassert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaumont Texas
Posts: 111
yeah im thinkin that ill just get the 2LT/RS for insurance and things lol
Wassert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #12
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
There's no shame in that, with over 300 HP under the hood, this is one helluva V6. And check this thread out for a good read too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5565
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,219
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
There's no shame in that, with over 300 HP under the hood, this is one helluva V6. And check this thread out for a good read too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5565
- Xanthos
That V6 will creep up on a lot of competition with a little aftermarket help. A turbo and bolt-ons will get it up to the 400-hp mark, making it a real competitor with some of the more dominant racers. Don't expect it to keep up with the SS unless it has the torque to back it, but there's no doubt that you can get upwards of 450 hp with the right modifications.

Since the V6 is already better than any of the V6s out there, I'd make it your goal to beat Mustang GTs. It'll take some work, but if you can get your horsepower numbers up to 375, then you should be the ultimate sleeper at the track.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That V6 will creep up on a lot of competition with a little aftermarket help. A turbo and bolt-ons will get it up to the 400-hp mark, making it a real competitor with some of the more dominant racers. Don't expect it to keep up with the SS unless it has the torque to back it, but there's no doubt that you can get upwards of 450 hp with the right modifications.

Since the V6 is already better than any of the V6s out there, I'd make it your goal to beat Mustang GTs. It'll take some work, but if you can get your horsepower numbers up to 375, then you should be the ultimate sleeper at the track.
I agree, but I disagree. I don't think its going to take a turbo to hit 400 HP.

We're already at 340 (flywheel) hp with just intake, cat back, and no tune - at 3ish hp per high-flow cat, thats another 12 RWHP, and probably 15 for some headers. Add about 15-20 hp for the tune and you're looking at 375 hp (again, flywheel). With a turbo, thats more like 500+ hp easily.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #15
Wassert
 
Wassert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaumont Texas
Posts: 111
yeah well i just ran into another problem lol

i live with my parents and make 800 a month but the dealer said no bank will finance me so i gotta find a cosigner!!


and the hunt begins! lol =]
Wassert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
Wassert
 
Wassert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaumont Texas
Posts: 111
im determined though lol
Wassert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 AM   #17
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
800 a month? I'm not surprised that the bank won't finance you.

I won't start giving out financial advice here. Just make absolutely certain you'll be able to cover not only the car payment, but insurance, gas, maintenance, repairs, etc. Then go find your cosigner.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 AM   #18
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wassert View Post
yeah well i just ran into another problem lol

i live with my parents and make 800 a month but the dealer said no bank will finance me so i gotta find a cosigner!!


and the hunt begins! lol =]
Your parents can co sign
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #19
Wassert
 
Wassert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaumont Texas
Posts: 111
yeah i thought abuot my parents and the 800 dollars a month was only 1 job im gonna get another one llol
Wassert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #20
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wassert View Post
yeah well i just ran into another problem lol

i live with my parents and make 800 a month but the dealer said no bank will finance me so i gotta find a cosigner!!


and the hunt begins! lol =]
Depends on how much you put down and if you go though a bank that you're a member of. I clear about $800 a month and with $15k down on a 2SS/RS my bank said they will have no problem loaning me the rest.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #21
Camaroconvert
 
Camaroconvert's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
800 a month? I'm not surprised that the bank won't finance you.

I won't start giving out financial advice here. Just make absolutely certain you'll be able to cover not only the car payment, but insurance, gas, maintenance, repairs, etc. Then go find your cosigner.
- Xanthos

I have to agree with Xanthos, you're gonna be paying a high premium on insurance and with 800 a month it'll go fast. I wish you luck on your quest to find a cosigner, and if i were in your shoes i'd be trying hard to make those 800's stretch as much as they could to get the Camaro!
Camaroconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #22
Wassert
 
Wassert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaumont Texas
Posts: 111
oh i plan on it im looking for another job right now so i can boost my income see like i watch my bro ( he is special needs ) and i make about 460 before taxes every 2 weeks but in the summer i clear about 2000 dollars a month so its kind of a weird job lol but im gonna do evrything i can to get a camaro
Wassert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #23
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
Co-signing is a great way to build credit history. If you can find someone with good credit, it will serve you well.

Ahh you guys keep nudging me over to the V6 darkside. Arrrrghhh can't make up my mind.
__________________
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Walt Disney

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #24
Wassert
 
Wassert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Mazda 6 3.0L v6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beaumont Texas
Posts: 111
yeah i just gotta find somebody my parents dont really have great credit historylol

and if you think about 300 Hp for a V6 is pretty high before after market parts and its a hell of alot cheaper if your watchin money so maybe the nudging is a good thing lol =]
Wassert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #25
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Co-signing is a great way to build credit history. If you can find someone with good credit, it will serve you well.

Ahh you guys keep nudging me over to the V6 darkside. Arrrrghhh can't make up my mind.
Its not the dark side. Think of it as the less light side where you don't have to pay as much for light bulbs.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All this talk about forced induction got me thinking... TheClassicCarKid Forced Induction - V8 23 07-20-2009 07:44 AM
Thinking of Painting my Camaro. Scott@Bjorn3D Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 24 12-26-2008 04:59 PM
Crazy for thinking of selling my '68 and getting a 2010 ls6camaro 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 54 11-06-2008 03:56 PM
Am I crazy for thinking this??? fastfret7 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 9 10-25-2008 10:28 PM
I was just thinking about mpg's Tal Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 7 10-10-2008 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.