Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

Old 12-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Urban Meyer leaves Florida

He leaves the program in great............. good........... fair............ok.............

WOW.......lmao
Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Miss State will now need a new coach!!!

-Custom Stripes, Eibach Drop Springs
-MagnaFlow 3" Catback with X pipe
-ADM CAI-Street Version, SLP 160 T-Stat
-Ragin Racin Custom Tune
-Kooks LT Coated Headers, Heritage Grille
-Barton Short Throw Shifter
-Slotted & Dimpled Rotors
-Powercoated Calipers by Mike
-Hawk Ceramic Pads
-Painted Roof
-Painted Gills & Back Panel
-3-M Clear Bra, AAC Plasma DRL's
404rwhp and 403tq
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Miss State will now need a new coach!!!
lol, I wonder if the Bob Stoops rumors will start flying around. hahahahahahaha
Old 12-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
I just don't want them going after the 'second choice' to Urban Meyer when he was hired.....
Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
i hate florida more than i can say. good riddance. im a lifelong UK fan.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
Hated him at BGSU and at Florida. He would make a good sideline ornament for Michigan after they give Rod the "GTFO" order.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
He's coming back to UTAH!

Go UTES!!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
reunited with tebow next year ?????
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Speaking of Tebow where is Zeus ? I have wondered that all year long

LAst year it was Zues and Junkie everyday arguing over TEBOW
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

Zeus is in hiding. lmmfao

He was dead wrong on Brantley and is probably SICK about Cam Newton.....
Old 12-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

PQ you know what us TEXAS Fans call the brantley situation ?

The Mack Brown Jix

Ryan Perrilloux 5 star QB Reserve, LA for 11.5 months " im going to Texas no better place for me " . Hours before signing day he TEXT the coaches im not coming after all we lose a BIG recruit which hurts us on getting a Qb that year.

John Brantley 4 star QB Ocala, FL committed until 3 days before signing day.
puts pics all over his myspace of him being a longhorn even Came to Austin and took part in recruit activities filling everyones head with how great its going to be. 3 days before his uncle a radio show host dj if I remember right in gainesville talked to him and again we get a TEXT message after thinking about it im going to Florida where I always dreamed fo playing.

Darrell Scott 5 star RB from Ventura, CA " im so coming to TEXAS then what ? 1 week before signing day im going to colorado to play with my cousin. ( Momma also got a job on Campus ) now where is he ? lasted one year quit football

These kids have all year and they waited until the last week or day to decommitt which put us in the spot of losing a recruit that year.

As Mack Brown said the same thing after each of those kids screwed us.

" its ok what goes around comes around you screw over Texas you get the Horns in the end you just dont lead people on "

Sad thing is perilloux got arrested and thrown off of lsu's team and now I think is on suspension in florida
Brantly he got to play behind jesus now he plays on the ground a lot
And Scott quit when he realized he was performing and momma got fired just before he transferd.

What goes around comes around
Old 12-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
PQ you know what us TEXAS Fans call the brantley situation ?

The Mack Brown Jix

Ryan Perrilloux 5 star QB Reserve, LA for 11.5 months " im going to Texas no better place for me " . Hours before signing day he TEXT the coaches im not coming after all we lose a BIG recruit which hurts us on getting a Qb that year.

John Brantley 4 star QB Ocala, FL committed until 3 days before signing day.
puts pics all over his myspace of him being a longhorn even Came to Austin and took part in recruit activities filling everyones head with how great its going to be. 3 days before his uncle a radio show host dj if I remember right in gainesville talked to him and again we get a TEXT message after thinking about it im going to Florida where I always dreamed fo playing.

Darrell Scott 5 star RB from Ventura, CA " im so coming to TEXAS then what ? 1 week before signing day im going to colorado to play with my cousin. ( Momma also got a job on Campus ) now where is he ? lasted one year quit football

These kids have all year and they waited until the last week or day to decommitt which put us in the spot of losing a recruit that year.

As Mack Brown said the same thing after each of those kids screwed us.

" its ok what goes around comes around you screw over Texas you get the Horns in the end you just dont lead people on "

Sad thing is perilloux got arrested and thrown off of lsu's team and now I think is on suspension in florida
Brantly he got to play behind jesus now he plays on the ground a lot
And Scott quit when he realized he was performing and momma got fired just before he transferd.

What goes around comes around
Add the fact the Meyer quit to Brantley. hahahahahahahahaha
Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Apparently Texas' Defensive Coordinator Will Muschamp left Texas to take the role of head coach at Florida.

Screw you Urban Meyer!!!

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #14
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

I really dont know what to say other than right now we need to keep Major applewhite here in TEXAS if he follows Muschamp to Florida you can kiss Malcom brown 5 star RB goodbye :(

Will this season ever end ?

GEEZE I swear it keeps getting worse.

I guess we can only sit wait and watch.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Wait...... wut...........

Muschamp?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #16
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Well, it's a good thing we're not going to a bowl game I guess. Mack Brown can focus his entire attention to finding two new coordinators who can step in and show that Texas will be better than ever.

I think it's a pretty lame move by Muschamp to take off after two seasons. But I guess doubling his outrageous defensive coordinator salary to $900,000 per season as well as naming him the head coach in waiting once Mack retires wasn't good enough for his selfish @$$. He's only 39 years old, he couldn't wait a few years to be handed the keys to arguably one of the most prestigious coaching positions in the nation? <sigh>

All I know now is, there was a long line of coaches who were salivating at the chance to be head coach at Florida, and now there's an even longer line of coaches salivating at the chance to be a coordinator at Texas.

I hope Mack, like the amazing recruit he is, can bring in some coaches who can take the over-abundance of talent at Texas and make one hell of a dominant football team like every Texas fan knows we should have.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Well, it's a good thing we're not going to a bowl game I guess. Mack Brown can focus his entire attention to finding two new coordinators who can step in and show that Texas will be better than ever.

I think it's a pretty lame move by Muschamp to take off after two seasons. But I guess doubling his outrageous defensive coordinator salary to $900,000 per season as well as naming him the head coach in waiting once Mack retires wasn't good enough for his selfish @$$. He's only 39 years old, he couldn't wait a few years to be handed the keys to arguably one of the most prestigious coaching positions in the nation? <sigh>

All I know now is, there was a long line of coaches who were salivating at the chance to be head coach at Florida, and now there's an even longer line of coaches salivating at the chance to be a coordinator at Texas.

I hope Mack, like the amazing recruit he is, can bring in some coaches who can take the over-abundance of talent at Texas and make one hell of a dominant football team like every Texas fan knows we should have.
I can't blame him too much. There is no indication that Mack Brown will retire anytime soon. What if Brown decides to pull a Bowden/Paterno and coach til he's senile?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #18
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Florida just got a whole lot better, supposedly Major Applewhite will be the OC and he is looking to get Kirby Smart from Bama as the DC.

Texas will still recruit in the Top 5, always does, always will. They will may have another growing year to get some consistency but then again a few other schools will too.

Bama will probably lose 8 staff, Auburn will lose a few plus 24 seniors and alot of juniors, just got to reload.

Next year will be interesting for sure.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #19
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Just heard on the radio Randy Shannon is talking with Texas today as the next possible defensive cordinator. ESPN radio said the phones are said to be ringing off the wall people wanting to be the next deffensive cordinator.

As much as I dont want him at offensive cordinator I dont want applewhite to leave only because of a few recruits that this team needs.

I really dont know Randy Shannons type of Game. Everyone I have heard says he isnt the RA RA kind of guy like most would want and he doesnt ever RUSH and the one thing that kills his defenses are Running QB's and Fast shifty RB's if this is the case he wont make it in the Big12.

guess we will see as im hearing no one elses name in the job.

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 12-13-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #20
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Shannon tried to bring discipline to Miami, a lost cause. He is not a thug type person, from all accounts a very good man, great football mind, just not a rah rah guy and that is not all bad. He would do real well in Texas as a DC. Texas is a GREAT job make no mistake and they will have no problem filling their jobs, if Applewhite leaves and a few recruits go, sobeit you didn't want them anyway. I have always been under the impression I would rather have someone who wants to play for Alabama, Texas, Auburn, Etc... rather than Brown, Saban, Chizik, etc... you have more loyalty, greater effort, more pride. Even in off years like this one, kinda like being a fan, even though we are playing for thr title, we still dearly love out Tide.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #21
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Shannon tried to bring discipline to Miami, a lost cause. He is not a thug type person, from all accounts a very good man, great football mind, just not a rah rah guy and that is not all bad. He would do real well in Texas as a DC. Texas is a GREAT job make no mistake and they will have no problem filling their jobs, if Applewhite leaves and a few recruits go, sobeit you didn't want them anyway. I have always been under the impression I would rather have someone who wants to play for Alabama, Texas, Auburn, Etc... rather than Brown, Saban, Chizik, etc... you have more loyalty, greater effort, more pride. Even in off years like this one, kinda like being a fan, even though we are playing for thr title, we still dearly love out Tide.
You made some good points and I agree with some of those as well.
The only thing about shannon im hearing is he doesnt like to blitz if this is the truth he will get creamed in the Big12.
As for losing recruits the only one im worried about leaving if Applewhite is gone would be Malcom brown 5 star RB who is projected to be a lot like Cedric benson and ricky williams two previous/past Rb's we would love to have back.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
I'm so sorry.

Quote:

Where is Junkie? Gators wouldn't loose to the DAWGS even on their worst year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Zeus is in hiding. lmmfao

He was dead wrong on Brantley and is probably SICK about Cam Newton.....
That I was. Brantley apparently lost the respect of the team pretty early in the year. Kid needs to transfer. However, I did expect more of a vertical passing game than we had. Steve 'the Dazzler' Addazio killed him by rotating 3 QB's, too much sideline to sideline passing, and WAY TOO MUCH DIVE PLAY!!

And Holy Shit. Cam Newton had the biggest turn around of all time. I STILL remember him trying to throw the ball around with Tebow and Brantley on the sidelines before the game.... Kid couldn't throw a spiral or catch a ball to save his life. Seriously, he looked like he had some sort of disability.

My brother jokes that its not the same Cam Newton. "That kid seriously looked retarded trying to catch a ball"

Quote:
Apparently Texas' Defensive Coordinator Will Muschamp left Texas to take the role of head coach at Florida.

Screw you Urban Meyer!!!
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
I really dont know what to say other than right now we need to keep Major applewhite here in TEXAS if he follows Muschamp to Florida you can kiss Malcom brown 5 star RB goodbye :(

Will this season ever end ?

GEEZE I swear it keeps getting worse.

I guess we can only sit wait and watch.
Keep him.

The high profile recruits Muschamp has talked to are saying that nearly his entire staff is going to be from the NFL, and he'll be selling that UF is the best Pro-Factory in the country.

Quote:

Florida and Texas are the 2 best jobs in CFB. You think more people want to be the DC at Texas more than the HC at Florida? Puhhhhleze

I think Will Muschamp ended that debate for us.

Besides, Florida isn't taking a step down from Texas. It's the premier job in the premier conference in CFB.

Last edited by Zeus; 12-24-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote