Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #26
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
hey guys this is honestly the best info Ive ever seen in reguards to new car buying info. CONSUMER REPORTS. they even offer a new carbuying kit that will give you the dealers invoice...but you have to pay for that heres the link

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...rice/index.htm

also check the links to the left of the page.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #27
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbychevy15 View Post
Screw that dude!! As soon as a dealer doesn't give me what I want I will be sure to have a sign prepared and I will sit outside the dealership, warning people of their scamming. We also have a thread dedicated to dealers saying the will sell at MSRP or better.
Don't ever take crap from a dealer, the can and will go much lower. Have multiple dealerships in mind, shop them all and carry their business cards. If a dealer says he won't do it then tell him this guy will and pull out a business card and call the other dealer right in front of him while walking out. Thats what I did with my GTO and they freaked!! They never want to get low balled by another dealership. They may act like they aren't making any money but they really are, don't let them make you feel bad and enjoy every minute of your time killing their hopes and dreams of a huge mark up sale. It is also very important to tell people about a dealership you didn't like because they know that word of mouth kills a reputation. This is all based on my personal experiences and my hatred to dealerships so take it for what you will. Shop around and be Patient is the best advice!

~Cheers!!
Hey, when you find the dealer that will give you a Camaro right away for $10,000 off the MSRP, you let me know! I will drive down to Oak Harbor and pick one up with you!
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #28
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Reminds me of when I bought my Grand Prix GTP. I kept going to the dealer and talking with a salesman and then leaving saying "I wanna think about it". On the 3rd visit the salesman introduces me to the finance manager. We talk for a bit and he puts him arm around my shoulder and says "Lemme tell you what I can do".

(Here it comes I thought)

"I can let you have it for $400 over invoice".

"Ok order it".

"Huh"?

"Thats all I was waiting for, go ahead and order it".

"Oh ok, we will get that order placed right away".

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #29
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Reminds me of when I bought my Grand Prix GTP. I kept going to the dealer and talking with a salesman and then leaving saying "I wanna think about it". On the 3rd visit the salesman introduces me to the finance manager. We talk for a bit and he puts him arm around my shoulder and says "Lemme tell you what I can do".

(Here it comes I thought)

"I can let you have it for $400 over invoice".

"Ok order it".

"Huh"?

"Thats all I was waiting for, go ahead and order it".

"Oh ok, we will get that order placed right away".

Ive never been able to visit a dealer without having to break a finance managers heart.. usually they use the line "how about i get you into a *insert car here* for the same payment you have now.. and I say no thanks and walk away..

I am debating (after a trip down to the Toyota dealer to get my wifes truck serviced) about just skipping the whole dealer thing. My credit union guarantees $500 over invoice and I sign for (can even test drive) at the CU location. Its how I bought both trucks we have now. I just tell them what i want and what options and they go get it. Just depends on if dealers around here have it, if not im gonna have to go the dealer route and order it.