Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #18
shibbychevy15
I'm your Huckleberry!
 
shibbychevy15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
You won't get a Camaro $10K off sticker even if the dealer could "afford" it. Because if you don't pay what they are asking, the guy that comes in 10 minutes after you will. At least at first, until enough of them start hitting the streets.
Screw that dude!! As soon as a dealer doesn't give me what I want I will be sure to have a sign prepared and I will sit outside the dealership, warning people of their scamming. We also have a thread dedicated to dealers saying the will sell at MSRP or better.
Don't ever take crap from a dealer, the can and will go much lower. Have multiple dealerships in mind, shop them all and carry their business cards. If a dealer says he won't do it then tell him this guy will and pull out a business card and call the other dealer right in front of him while walking out. Thats what I did with my GTO and they freaked!! They never want to get low balled by another dealership. They may act like they aren't making any money but they really are, don't let them make you feel bad and enjoy every minute of your time killing their hopes and dreams of a huge mark up sale. It is also very important to tell people about a dealership you didn't like because they know that word of mouth kills a reputation. This is all based on my personal experiences and my hatred to dealerships so take it for what you will. Shop around and be Patient is the best advice!

~Cheers!!
shibbychevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,257
My Mother used to work for Toyota and Honda here in the bay area. She sold Joe Montana and Jerry Rice their 4runners. She taught all the little tips and tricks for negotiating. I still have her around when I go to buy a car as she likes to jump in and do all the talking. I just let her go nuts and I normally end up with a great deal or moving on to the next dealer where I will get a great deal.

EDIT: She was a manager/accountant and spent most time in the office, not out on the lot like a vulture.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #20
ksmithers88
 
Drives: Yamaha R6
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by izwar View Post
Ok so when chevy releases official prices these will be the MSRP of the car?

now from the MSRP is the starting point at which you negotiate with the dealer correct?.

How can dealers get away with pricing up a car 10K when people clearly know the MSRP? In this case i guess you just have to do a lot of searching for a dealer that is going over the MSRP?

P.S i just guessed 35 becuase i am intersted in the highest model chevy will offer even if it means ordering it i honestly beleive the highest model will be 40 (MSRP?) lol.
ALWAYS start negotiating from the invoice price, not the other way around. If you start with the invoice price, not only will you most likely get a better deal, but it lets the salesman know you've done your research and you mean business.
ksmithers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #21
izwar
 
Drives: Silver
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 30
Great info i cant wait to get in their and start negotiating haha. Thanks for the info.
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,412
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There is NO definite evidence of a 550 hp version, none at all. Anything you have heard in regards to that, is purely speculation. (Unless I missed something, guys?). The Top of the Top may be seated at 460 hp most (at least in my book). The only reasoning that I have, is that the LS7 is dying, and it's replacement is the LS9, (or blown LS3). Which is equally expensive; what with the forged crank, and strenghtened parts. And at prices like that, the LS9 slowly drifts out of Camaro territory.

I'm not ruling out a 500+ hp Camaro, at all. But the evidence points against it as a mainstream Camaro. But if a 500 hp version does come out (which I think it will), it'll probably be a limited-numbers, high-priced, "Shelby GT500 equivalant" Car.

Sorry if I just made you cry...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #23
Stig
 
Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
There is NO definite evidence of a 550 hp version, none at all. Anything you have heard in regards to that, is purely speculation. (Unless I missed something, guys?). The Top of the Top may be seated at 460 hp most (at least in my book). The only reasoning that I have, is that the LS7 is dying, and it's replacement is the LS9, (or blown LS3). Which is equally expensive; what with the forged crank, and strenghtened parts. And at prices like that, the LS9 slowly drifts out of Camaro territory.

I'm not ruling out a 500+ hp Camaro, at all. But the evidence points against it as a mainstream Camaro. But if a 500 hp version does come out (which I think it will), it'll probably be a limited-numbers, high-priced, "Shelby GT500 equivalant" Car.

Sorry if I just made you cry...
I tend to agree with this, I think it will be a "specialty car" so to speak.

I do not think they will use the LS7, however, i can certainly see a blown LS3 in place, as i think the current NA LS3 will be the motor of choice anyways, and the Vette will have a hp bump.
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #24
izwar
 
Drives: Silver
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 30
yes i agree i didnt mean it would be mainstream, def limited edition but if it does come out id def trade in the current camaro i had for that one.
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #25
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!
 
Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
Posts: 173
I must admit... one of my favourite pastimes is making dealers sweat, over the years i've helped a few of my mates out with getting fairly good deals, so i can't wait to nail some salesman's nuts to a wall over a new Camaro
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #26
TFord
Camaro Fanatic
 
TFord's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Z28
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,806
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
hey guys this is honestly the best info Ive ever seen in reguards to new car buying info. CONSUMER REPORTS. they even offer a new carbuying kit that will give you the dealers invoice...but you have to pay for that heres the link

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...rice/index.htm

also check the links to the left of the page.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #27
Pencil.Fight
 
Pencil.Fight's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Mustang
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 689
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbychevy15 View Post
Screw that dude!! As soon as a dealer doesn't give me what I want I will be sure to have a sign prepared and I will sit outside the dealership, warning people of their scamming. We also have a thread dedicated to dealers saying the will sell at MSRP or better.
Don't ever take crap from a dealer, the can and will go much lower. Have multiple dealerships in mind, shop them all and carry their business cards. If a dealer says he won't do it then tell him this guy will and pull out a business card and call the other dealer right in front of him while walking out. Thats what I did with my GTO and they freaked!! They never want to get low balled by another dealership. They may act like they aren't making any money but they really are, don't let them make you feel bad and enjoy every minute of your time killing their hopes and dreams of a huge mark up sale. It is also very important to tell people about a dealership you didn't like because they know that word of mouth kills a reputation. This is all based on my personal experiences and my hatred to dealerships so take it for what you will. Shop around and be Patient is the best advice!

~Cheers!!
Hey, when you find the dealer that will give you a Camaro right away for $10,000 off the MSRP, you let me know! I will drive down to Oak Harbor and pick one up with you!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
"Some legends just live in your dreams, others never let you sleep!"
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #28
Dan
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 GTO
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 448
Reminds me of when I bought my Grand Prix GTP. I kept going to the dealer and talking with a salesman and then leaving saying "I wanna think about it". On the 3rd visit the salesman introduces me to the finance manager. We talk for a bit and he puts him arm around my shoulder and says "Lemme tell you what I can do".

(Here it comes I thought)

"I can let you have it for $400 over invoice".

"Ok order it".

"Huh"?

"Thats all I was waiting for, go ahead and order it".

"Oh ok, we will get that order placed right away".

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #29
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13
 
The_Stache's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Reminds me of when I bought my Grand Prix GTP. I kept going to the dealer and talking with a salesman and then leaving saying "I wanna think about it". On the 3rd visit the salesman introduces me to the finance manager. We talk for a bit and he puts him arm around my shoulder and says "Lemme tell you what I can do".

(Here it comes I thought)

"I can let you have it for $400 over invoice".

"Ok order it".

"Huh"?

"Thats all I was waiting for, go ahead and order it".

"Oh ok, we will get that order placed right away".

Ive never been able to visit a dealer without having to break a finance managers heart.. usually they use the line "how about i get you into a *insert car here* for the same payment you have now.. and I say no thanks and walk away..

I am debating (after a trip down to the Toyota dealer to get my wifes truck serviced) about just skipping the whole dealer thing. My credit union guarantees $500 over invoice and I sign for (can even test drive) at the CU location. Its how I bought both trucks we have now. I just tell them what i want and what options and they go get it. Just depends on if dealers around here have it, if not im gonna have to go the dealer route and order it.
__________________
A.K.A - Diarmadhi (old handle) - So much to do.. So little money
Owner : Fast-Stache Industries LLC
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The best, worst and weirdest car names KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 19 07-09-2009 06:14 AM
Driving a Dream TAG UR IT Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 3 05-30-2007 01:07 AM
Coolest new car colors KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 8 04-12-2007 09:24 AM
At Witz’ End: What’s an American Car? KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 12 03-02-2007 03:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.