Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Price increase

I downloaded the Camaro Specs sheet PDF from the GM Camaro site this morning and noticed something different, maybe I'm wrong. But did the base prices we've had since October go up?
LS Coupe 1LS
Starting at $22,9951
LT Coupe 1LT
Starting at $24,6301
LT Coupe 2LT
Starting at $27,3301
SS Coupe 1SS
Starting at $30,9951
SS Coupe 2SS
Starting at $34,1801
Attached Images
 
__________________
One of the "Few Blue"
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Heres the link I used
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/pdf/...maro+Order.pdf
__________________
One of the "Few Blue"
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,136
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
The prices are the same that I got in my preorder PDF on Oct. 13
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
The ones on chevy.com are including the delivery charge of $750, the ones on the price sheet are not. Add them in and it all matches up. Nothing has changed.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
ok, thanks , usually there is a simple explaination.
__________________
One of the "Few Blue"
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,274
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
The ones on chevy.com are including the delivery charge of $750, the ones on the price sheet are not. Add them in and it all matches up. Nothing has changed.
All is correct.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet
 
teamlynn1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 342
We have not had any price increases as of yet from chevrolet.
__________________

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151


teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
If anything there should be a price decrease if the interior lighting is not going to be applied to the 2SS and 2LT...
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
If anything there should be a price decrease if the interior lighting is not going to be applied to the 2SS and 2LT...
not confirmed
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,920
Count yourselves Lucky The Camaro is made in Canada, Oshawa and these are our Prices: with Delivery Charges:

Canada:

LS Coupe 1LS
Starting at $28,395
LT Coupe 1LT
Starting at $29,395
LT Coupe 2LT
Starting at $32,995
SS Coupe 1SS
Starting at $38,395
SS Coupe 2SS
Starting at $42,395
Attached Images
 
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,860
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Count yourselves Lucky The Camaro is made in Canada, Oshawa and these are our Prices: with Delivery Charges:

Canada:

LS Coupe 1LS
Starting at $28,395
LT Coupe 1LT
Starting at $29,395
LT Coupe 2LT
Starting at $32,995
SS Coupe 1SS
Starting at $38,395
SS Coupe 2SS
Starting at $42,395

move to the US and buy the car.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #12
vsgls1
 
vsgls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
If anything there should be a price decrease if the interior lighting is not going to be applied to the 2SS and 2LT...
__________________
Keith 2SS/RS MN6 in CGM. Delivered 6/22/09. Blown 7/29/09. Sold 12/6/10.
07 GMC Sierra
vsgls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
move to the US and buy the car.
Also you will get up to $7500 Tax break if the Bill passes
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
fireresq157

 
fireresq157's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Count yourselves Lucky The Camaro is made in Canada, Oshawa and these are our Prices: with Delivery Charges:

Canada:

LS Coupe 1LS
Starting at $28,395
LT Coupe 1LT
Starting at $29,395
LT Coupe 2LT
Starting at $32,995
SS Coupe 1SS
Starting at $38,395
SS Coupe 2SS
Starting at $42,395
That sucks but at the same time a few years ago when the Canadian dollar was around .60 cents US it was the complete oposite , I remember seing a report on Canadians paying up to 8000 less than US buyers for cars made in the US. Wish things would always be fair.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
That sucks but at the same time a few years ago when the Canadian dollar was around .60 cents US it was the complete oposite , I remember seing a report on Canadians paying up to 8000 less than US buyers for cars made in the US. Wish things would always be fair.

Buy low sell high
__________________
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
bob2the2nd
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newark, de
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Also you will get up to $7500 Tax break if the Bill passes
what bill?

I know about the one that would be 7500 for the volt (electric cars), but i havent heard of one for any car
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #17
kdbolt70

 
kdbolt70's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Haslett, Mi
Posts: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
what bill?

I know about the one that would be 7500 for the volt (electric cars), but i havent heard of one for any car
This is not like the "plug in electric vehicle" bill where you get a $7500 rebate. It is a $7500 deduction on your taxes they are offering. So $7500 if your income becomes tax free. This number decreases every 90 days, I believe.
__________________
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #18
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
This is not like the "plug in electric vehicle" bill where you get a $7500 rebate. It is a $7500 deduction on your taxes they are offering. So $7500 if your income becomes tax free. This number decreases every 90 days, I believe.
I haven't heard about this. Details?
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #19
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I haven't heard about this. Details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
This is not like the "plug in electric vehicle" bill where you get a $7500 rebate. It is a $7500 deduction on your taxes they are offering. So $7500 if your income becomes tax free. This number decreases every 90 days, I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
what bill?

I know about the one that would be 7500 for the volt (electric cars), but i havent heard of one for any car
Read this thead for some details and for a link to the details of the bill - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11732
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #20
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
not confirmed
I never said it was.. I said that if the interior lighting is canceled, then we SHOULD get a price adjustment in the order since we all DID PAY for it.. Not doing so is simply robbery and falsely advertising a feature and making you pay for it when not actually including it. I think that is called "false advertising" regardless if GM had every intention to include it in the first place..So again, if the interior lighting is canceled, the full price of the item canceled should be discounted when we go to pay for it once the car arrives... Remember not just the cost of the item, but projected installation cost as well..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266

Last edited by Supermans; 01-20-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #21
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I never said it was.. I said that if the interior lighting is canceled, then we SHOULD get a price adjustment in the order since we all DID PAY for it.. Not doing so is simply robbery and falsely advertising a feature and making you pay for it when not actually including it. I think that is called "false advertising" regardless if GM had every intention to include it in the first place..So again, if the interior lighting is canceled, the full price of the item canceled should be discounted when we go to pay for it once the car arrives...
Sorry I was tired when I replied and must have read it wrong. I had gotten the impression that you wrote it as There should be a decrease because there is no Ambient Lighting.

I hate posts like that because then people run with them and freak out and make 42 new posts whining about it, and confirming your words as fact.
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #22
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Sorry I was tired when I replied and must have read it wrong. I had gotten the impression that you wrote it as There should be a decrease because there is no Ambient Lighting.

I hate posts like that because then people run with them and freak out and make 42 new posts whining about it, and confirming your words as fact.
No harm done, I'm just trying to watch the backs of all of us who placed pre-orders. I also am the one who said that if you order the RS package and the polished rims, whatever the price difference between the standard rims and midnight silver rims should be discounted as well as an incentive to upgrade to the polished rims and or to simply be fair since that is a part of the RS package that we are paying for yet it is not included when upgrading to polished rims. However this also hasn't happened yet and looks like it never will..
__________________
Bought my Camaro from Eric Hall(817) 421-7266
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
No harm done, I'm just trying to watch the backs of all of us who placed pre-orders. I also am the one who said that if you order the RS package and the polished rims, whatever the price difference between the standard rims and midnight silver rims should be discounted as well as an incentive to upgrade to the polished rims and or to simply be fair since that is a part of the RS package that we are paying for yet it is not included when upgrading to polished rims. However this also hasn't happened yet and looks like it never will..
Exactly why I'm not getting RS... I want polished rims.... $1200 for headlights? No thanks....
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.