Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Taylor Gang Or Die
 
Drives: 2011 Black on Black Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 8
Halo lights/tinting question

First off ill start off with saying this is my 1st post on the forum so please be gentle if Im posting this in the wrong location or what knot lol just need help

Ok... I just bought a 2011 Black Camaro and Im wanting to get halo lights(just the white outline ones or whatever..sorry for being a noob lol) and im wanting to pretty much murder out everything in black lights wise. Oh and the front and back Chevy decal as well.

I was just looking for advice to good brands/websites/ etc... to find these things, It would be greatly apprecaited!

Taylor Gang Or Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
BlueSteele
 
BlueSteele's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 589
Advanced Automotive Concepts has some halo inserts for the non-RS headlights and you can pick your color of the halos too.

There are also a pair of Eagle Eye headlights that look identical to the RS headlights as well. They cost substantially more but look great (do a thread search).

Welcome to the site. Put up some pictures.
BlueSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Ben
 
Drives: 2011 RJT 2ss/rs l99
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 55
Judging by the op's username I think he might have enjoyed a camaro that was black and yellow just a little bit more lol
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
Taylor Gang Or Die
 
Drives: 2011 Black on Black Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Judging by the op's username I think he might have enjoyed a camaro that was black and yellow just a little bit more lol
hahahaTGOD lol

and thanks for the help man
Taylor Gang Or Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Jide25
 
Jide25's Avatar
 
Drives: Escalade EXT - Was a 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 165
Welcome!

Regarding the front and back emblem, I went to a local sign shop and asked for some scrap pieces of black vinyl for their lettering and they gave me about 2'x2' for free. Then just put a piece over the emblems and used an exacto knife to run along the edges. If you do it slow and careful it looks great (and FREE which is a super++++).

As for the headlights - I'm looking into that too. Look at this thread I started. It should help you some. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117109

On another note, after being at a Wiz concert, I almost changed my accent color to yellow over the red I have now. But I didn't... You know what it is.
__________________


Shake N' Bake

Last edited by Jide25; 12-14-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Jide25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Gang Or Die View Post
First off ill start off with saying this is my 1st post on the forum so please be gentle if Im posting this in the wrong location or what knot lol just need help

Ok... I just bought a 2011 Black Camaro and Im wanting to get halo lights(just the white outline ones or whatever..sorry for being a noob lol) and im wanting to pretty much murder out everything in black lights wise. Oh and the front and back Chevy decal as well.

I was just looking for advice to good brands/websites/ etc... to find these things, It would be greatly apprecaited!

Welcome to Camaro5

If you are looking for Halos we have some great options for the non-RS please see here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35663

For that Murdered-Out Look- Check out our SMD Sidemarkers, helps blend the markers into the body, smoothing out the lines while blacking-out the markers.





Thread is here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106337

The other great thing is you are right over in H-Town so ground shipping is next-day from New Orleans
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #7
Taylor Gang Or Die
 
Drives: 2011 Black on Black Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jide25 View Post
Welcome!

Regarding the front and back emblem, I went to a local sign shop and asked for some scrap pieces of black vinyl for their lettering and they gave me about 2'x2' for free. Then just put a piece over the emblems and used an exacto knife to run along the edges. If you do it slow and careful it looks great (and FREE which is a super++++).

As for the headlights - I'm looking into that too. Look at this thread I started. It should help you some. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117109

On another note, after being at a Wiz concert, I almost changed my accent color to yellow over the red I have now. But I didn't... You know what it is.
thanks for the intel sir haha and hell yeah I know what is it is bruh lol went to the show in Houston
Taylor Gang Or Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 AM   #8
Taylor Gang Or Die
 
Drives: 2011 Black on Black Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Welcome to Camaro5

If you are looking for Halos we have some great options for the non-RS please see here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35663

For that Murdered-Out Look- Check out our SMD Sidemarkers, helps blend the markers into the body, smoothing out the lines while blacking-out the markers.





Thread is here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106337

The other great thing is you are right over in H-Town so ground shipping is next-day from New Orleans
Next day does sound mighty nice
Taylor Gang Or Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #9
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

 
Jonathan@AACstyle.com's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Gang Or Die View Post
First off ill start off with saying this is my 1st post on the forum so please be gentle if Im posting this in the wrong location or what knot lol just need help

Ok... I just bought a 2011 Black Camaro and Im wanting to get halo lights(just the white outline ones or whatever..sorry for being a noob lol) and im wanting to pretty much murder out everything in black lights wise. Oh and the front and back Chevy decal as well.

I was just looking for advice to good brands/websites/ etc... to find these things, It would be greatly apprecaited!

Welcome to C5! We have all of your lighting needs so if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
__________________
Jonathan Barber

Questions? Call Us! 1(800)407-5776
Become an Advanced Automotive Concepts fan on Facebook! [CLICK HERE]
Check out our YouTube Channel for our latest Camaro Videos! [CLICK HERE]
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
black, halo, lights, tinted headlights, tinted tail lights

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom wheel offset question ... Bowtie Junkman Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 4 04-23-2010 05:16 PM
Waiting newbe and halo question... MaddawgXXXL Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 4 04-15-2010 01:24 PM
Question Involving 4.10 gears & Bushings Deric884 V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) 1 02-13-2010 06:53 AM
Halo question shad2009 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 6 11-17-2009 09:40 PM
Halo headlight question BigSlik 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 68 03-24-2009 06:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.