Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
Nitro Dave

Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
Confused on ordering

Hello everyone.. This is my first post and I have to admit I have not read everything. I simply do not have the time. Please forgive me if this has already been asked.

I sent a deposit for my wife a RS SS Inferno orange 6 speed the week GM released info. Finding a dealer that would even talk to me was harder that I expected. I can see why most dealers are strugling to keep there doors open. There customer service is horrible. Anyways I ended up getting ahold of some one very helpful at Guy Chevrolet in San Antonio TX.

I sent them a depost and they sent me a letter acknologing my order but something does not seem right.

AT the time I sent them my deposit they told me that they would take my exact order closer to the date GM starts taking orders. Well reading everyone elses post they are naming the specific car they ordered. So did the dealership just take my money? They have yet to take an order on exactly what I want.

I am so lost...lol
Thanks
Dave
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Welcome to the site! I will try to be as helpful as I can. First off, you need to be sure that deposit is fully refundable, considering you do not know the dealer personally and well of course dealers by nature just want your $ and some don't care if they screw you over in the process. Also make sure they are selling at MSRP. Then, you need to ask them what their allocation is, and how many spots they have filled. If they are full, go to another dealer as you will be waiting probably well past Oct. for your car. GM has been taking orders for a while, and I guess you mean Oct 13th when you say "the week GM released info". If so then they should have been able to input your order, and are therefore typical uninformed dealers and so you should go find someone else I think. If you did not sign something about your deposit being refundable, then yes the dealer could have taken your money. Hopefully that is not the case and you should call them and inquire about the things I have mentioned ASAP.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 11VR2SSA6
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Call the dealer to ask whether the deposit is refundable. Then, go into the dealership with a list of options that you want. Make them agree to MSRP or less, or take your deposit back. Wait a while. Go back into the dealership to negotiate your trade-in separately if you don't want to sell the car on your own. Get all of this in writing. Pay your down payment upon arrival of the car.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Welcome to the site.

In addition to what kanys said, you want to get an order number from the dealer. It will be a six digit alphanumeric number (something like NDHFXX). You should also ask for a printout of your order from Order Workbench (the system that dealers use to place orders with GM). And I would definitely make sure they are selling it to you at MSRP or lower.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
Nitro Dave

Thanks guys for the feed back.

The dealer told me they were aloowed I believe 25 cars. I was number 24 out of what they had available.They also told me they would sell to me for MSRP.

I did get a letter from GM in the mail thanking me for my order and acnowledging it. I guess this gets me in line.

What I find confusing is that when I started to tell my dealer exactly what I wanted he told me that they will not be putting that in yet and that when GM starts to actually take the orders and building them they will contact me for exactly what I wanted.

This is what confuses me so much.

Originally I was going to order two of them. My wife really wants a white one and I was going to order the Orange one for our buisness. Since they said they were not building white until later down the line I desided just to order one at the MSRP and let the hype die down to get the second one cheaper.

Dave
Old 01-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
we all put the details in of what we want i dont know why they are telling you that-atleast you got your place in line but they should be putting the details in

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
If you got a letter from GM, that means there's an order number. That would mean an order was submitted in your name with specific equipment. You must have agreed to something. You have no receipt for your money with equipment listed?
Old 01-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
I would ask the dealer to print you out a copy of the Workbench order and see what they gets you. If you got a letter, then they must have loaded something in the system.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
Nitro Dave

Ok I have been so busy at the shop I have not been able to call. I will do that next week. I recently got a picture from GM with our order number on it and my name. Just seems fishy that I never got anything showing exactly what I wanted. I will be pissed if it does not come in as what I want.

Thanks for the info.
Dave