Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Suspension, chassis, and brake components

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #201
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Thank you for your weekend and Monday orders Camaro5.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #202
zeebad1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I finally got some better pictures when I had it outside yesterday.

Here's what I have, with the BMR 1.4"/1" split drop springs, BMR sway bars, and Total suspension bushing kit......

2002 SS M6 Pewter w/ stripes Daily driver

2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black

2013 K2500 Duramax CC Black on Black
zeebad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #203
Apex Motorsports

The car looks great! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebad1 View Post
I finally got some better pictures when I had it outside yesterday.

Here's what I have, with the BMR 1.4"/1" split drop springs, BMR sway bars, and Total suspension bushing kit......

Old 05-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #204
Apex Motorsports

The weekend is almost here! Be sure to place your orders before the weekend sneaks up on us.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #205
zeebad1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I put over 350 miles on the car yesterday, and thought that I would share my experience.

I'm very pleased with the ride comfort. Not harsh at all. After reading about the loss of ride quality with some of the lowering springs, I was concerned that the car may ride too rough, but I really don't notice a difference.

The car is definitely better handling. Everything is tightened up with the bushings & swaybars that Chase suggested. Not that it handled bad before, but it acts much better on the curves now. I had a little fun, on a really winding stretch of highway along the Illinois River, and was very impressed with the performance.

The other thing that impresses me is how nice the stance looks. I can't get over how lowering the car just that much can make such a huge difference in appearance.

If anyone happens to have any reservations about the "split" spring kit, Total Suspension bushings, or swaybars, don't even hesitate. I'm so glad I put these items on mine.

2002 SS M6 Pewter w/ stripes Daily driver

2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black

2013 K2500 Duramax CC Black on Black
zeebad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #206
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebad1 View Post
I put over 350 miles on the car yesterday, and thought that I would share my experience.

I'm very pleased with the ride comfort. Not harsh at all. After reading about the loss of ride quality with some of the lowering springs, I was concerned that the car may ride too rough, but I really don't notice a difference.

The car is definitely better handling. Everything is tightened up with the bushings & swaybars that Chase suggested. Not that it handled bad before, but it acts much better on the curves now. I had a little fun, on a really winding stretch of highway along the Illinois River, and was very impressed with the performance.

The other thing that impresses me is how nice the stance looks. I can't get over how lowering the car just that much can make such a huge difference in appearance.

If anyone happens to have any reservations about the "split" spring kit, Total Suspension bushings, or swaybars, don't even hesitate. I'm so glad I put these items on mine.
Great feedback.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #207
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Chase, could I get a price to 92019 please?
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #208
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Chase, could I get a price to 92019 please?
They are $249.95 shipped. PM on the way.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #209
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
I heard that once you replace your springs that you need to "reset" your bushings...is this true? How do you go about resetting busings? I love the way the cars attitude changes with these!
2010 Victory Red R6P 2SS w/RS package. Gloss black Rallys, 6 speed manual, SLP Loudmouth I exhaust, LS7 style blackout panel, SS emblems front and rear, Custom 69 inspired headlight covers, Vararam no tune, Hurst Short Throw, and MTI Racing rear spoiler, SLP Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Skirts
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #210
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
I heard that once you replace your springs that you need to "reset" your bushings...is this true? How do you go about resetting busings? I love the way the cars attitude changes with these!
It is usually referred to as "time" your bushings. Here is an outstanding post that describes it in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
This has been a popular topic lately and it seems to be very misunderstood as well. Why and when do you "time" your bushings? This isn't a new practice, it has just been given a new name recently. We have always referred to it as re-clocking or re-indexing the bushing. In the following post I will explain the whens and whys of this procedure and hopefully put to rest the mystery that surrounds it.

The majority of suspension components hinge on rubber bushings. All bushings have a center steel sleeve (or ferrule, compression stop, etc.) that prevents you from over-tightening the bolt and compressing the bushing. The sleeve also provides an established width for thrust loads on the bushing to minimize bind. These inner sleeves are actually bonded to the rubber bushing and, in many cases, to an outer sleeve as well. When this connection is tightened, the sleeve remains stationary in the mount while the suspension component rotates by twisting the bushing.

For years we have told our customers to tighten all suspension components with the vehicle at rest and the suspension loaded. This means that the vehicle is at ride height (static height), not with the suspension hanging. Tightening a bolt with the suspension hanging puts the bushing in a pre-loaded state since the bushings will already be "twisted" when the vehicle is set to static height. This can create irregular ride heights, premature bushing wear, and even inconsistent handling tendencies.

Lowering your car creates the same problem. All of your bushings are already tightened in the OE position. When you lower the car, the suspension rotates to the new lowered position while your bushings are still "clocked" in the original position. Loosening the bolts and bouncing the car a few times will "re-clock" or "time" the bushing to the new position.

So which bushings do you need to re-clock? Basically every component in the front and rear suspension that rotates on a rubber bushing. This includes the following:

FRONT:
Inner control arm bushings
Inner radius rod bushings

REAR:
Inner and outer toe rod bushings
Inner and outer trailing arm bushings
Inner control arm bushings
Lower shock mount bushings
Rear upper control arm bushings

With the vehicle resting on the suspension, loosen these bolts up loose enough to spin the nut by hand. Bounce the car up and down to pop any sticking bushings loose from the mounts, then re-tighten the bolts.

Certainly this is not an easy task to perform at home. Getting the car up high enough to access these bolts while keeping the weight on the tires definitely requires some work. Many are using transitioned ramps to get the car high enough. Regardless, after installing springs, an alignment is necessary to correct toe and camber. This means that not only will the car already be on a drive-on lift but most of the bolts will already be loosened for adjusting the alignment. It doesn’t take much more effort from your alignment technician to loosen a few more bolts while he is setting the alignment.

We have seen cars change ride height by as much as 3/8" by simply re-clocking the bushings after a spring install. In a multi-link suspension such as the Zeta platform, this condition becomes even more pronounced because of the multiple links. More links means more bushings and more bushings means more potential for pre-load if not setup properly.

In summary, re-clocking the bushings should be as much a priority as aligning your car after a spring install. Hopefully this has been helpful to those that were not understanding why or how to do this procedure.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #211
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Thanks...I'll have to give this some serious thought.
2010 Victory Red R6P 2SS w/RS package. Gloss black Rallys, 6 speed manual, SLP Loudmouth I exhaust, LS7 style blackout panel, SS emblems front and rear, Custom 69 inspired headlight covers, Vararam no tune, Hurst Short Throw, and MTI Racing rear spoiler, SLP Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Skirts
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #212
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk1 View Post
Thanks...I'll have to give this some serious thought.
No problem, that is what we are here for.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #213
Apex Motorsports

It is FRIDAY!!! Be sure to place your pay day orders before everyone heads home for the weekend.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #214
iFast

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS and '01 Bullitt
Just ordered up!!! The downside is I'm in Afghanistan so I won't get to see the outcome with my own eyes but my Mom is kind enough to take my car to my suspension guy and agreed to take lots of before and after pics!! Can't wait!!

2001 DHG Bullitt Mustang GT. 5.0 Shortblock. Patriot cams and heads. Flowmaster Axle-Back, Magnaflow X-Pipe. Eibach sportline lowering springs. Steeda Tri-ax. 03-04 Cobra Front Fascia. 18'' XXR 521s w/ Sumitomo HTR Z IIs.

2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R. Akrapovic CF Slip-ons. K&N filter. 520 conversion w/ -1/+2 sprockets. Speedo-healer. Lockhart-Phillips fi controller. Pirelli DCIIIs.
iFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #215
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFast View Post
Just ordered up!!! The downside is I'm in Afghanistan so I won't get to see the outcome with my own eyes but my Mom is kind enough to take my car to my suspension guy and agreed to take lots of before and after pics!! Can't wait!!
Well thank you for your order and thank you for your service. As someone who wore those boots I sincerely appreciate what you are doing.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #216
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your pay day orders Camaro5!

Old 06-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #217
Nytemare
Quick 6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls v6
Send a message via Yahoo to Nytemare
is this only for the 8, or can i buy some for my 2010 ls? pm please and about how much would they cost to get installed?
Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #218
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
is this only for the 8, or can i buy some for my 2010 ls? pm please and about how much would they cost to get installed?
There are springs specific to the V6 cars. Information is available on our website.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #219
Apex Motorsports

Old 07-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #220
BuddhaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
price for split shipped to 60639
BuddhaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #221
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaSS View Post
price for split shipped to 60639
$249.95 shipped. PM sent.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #222
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your weekend and Monday orders Camaro5!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #223
daqseabee
CPO Pride

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Black
Will these work on a 2012 SS?

Navy Chief Petty Officers Pride III 2015 2SS/RS 1LE Black on Black
daqseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #224
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqseabee View Post
Will these work on a 2012 SS?
Yes they will.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #225
Apex Motorsports

Thanks to everyone that stopped by the APEX tent at Camaro5Fest this weekend!

Tags
apex motorsports, bmr, lowering springs, split drop