Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
cuspid

Drives: 04 z06 yellow
what rebates and incentives can be combined

usaa, credit union, military, graduation, gm private offer,gmcard, pontiac and hummer rebate, I'm confused. Did I miss anything?
cuspid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuspid View Post
usaa, credit union, military, graduation, gm private offer,gmcard, pontiac and hummer rebate, I'm confused. Did I miss anything?
Well, right off the top of my head I KNOW that you can use the Military discount AND the USAA rebate.

You can also combine the Credit Union discount with the USAA rebate.

GM Card earnings are NOT compatible with the Credit Union Discount unless you have the GM Extended Family Card.

GM Card earnings ARE compatible with the Military Discount.

Which discounts do you have available to you? I'll be happy to check out what is compatible for you?
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
cuspid

Thanks for responding. USAA, my son has a pontiac and lives at my address, we received the gm private offer and I have a different gmcard with $2900 on it ( the old card) If all that can be combined it is $5600 less and dealer discount. So about $6600 off. I'm not afraid to hop a plane.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Credit Union, Military, Graduate, and Supplier discounts are the same thing and as of Jan. 1 2010 they are also called the same thing, Preferred Pricing.

The GM Private Offer and Pontiac/Hummer Rebates are also the same thing so it's one or the other. Just use whatever is highest.

The GM card can be combined with Preferred Pricing and USAA discount. HOWEVER, I've been hearing that the GM card maxs out at $1,000 on the Camaro if I remember correctly so you won't be able to use the full $2,900

So this leaves you with either 1) GM Card points, Preferred Pricing, USAA, and Private Offer OR 2) GM Card points, Preferred Pricing, USAA, and Pontiac Rebate.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuspid View Post
Thanks for responding. USAA, my son has a pontiac and lives at my address, we received the gm private offer and I have a different gmcard with $2900 on it ( the old card) If all that can be combined it is $5600 less and dealer discount. So about $6600 off. I'm not afraid to hop a plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Credit Union, Military, Graduate, and Supplier discounts are the same thing and as of Jan. 1 2010 they are also called the same thing, Preferred Pricing.

The GM Private Offer and Pontiac/Hummer Rebates are also the same thing so it's one or the other. Just use whatever is highest.

The GM card can be combined with Preferred Pricing and USAA discount. HOWEVER, I've been hearing that the GM card maxs out at $1,000 on the Camaro if I remember correctly so you won't be able to use the full $2,900

So this leaves you with either 1) GM Card points, Preferred Pricing, USAA, and Private Offer OR 2) GM Card points, Preferred Pricing, USAA, and Pontiac Rebate.

That's not entirely true. The 'old' GM Card earnings CANNOT be combined with GM Employee or Credit Union Preferred Pricing. Only 'GM Extended Family' Cards can be.

Also not entirely true that the GM Card MAXES out at $1,000.00. I had a customer once be able to use almost $2,900 in GM Card earnings on a 2010 Camaro (back in 2010). The ONLY way to find out EXACTLY what can be used is to run your actual card information. PLAN on $1,000.00, however if more is allowed that would be a VERY pleasant surprise.

The Private Offer your son received CAN be transferred to another person in your household, but it CANNOT be used on a GM Employee purchase.

Give me a call, call your dealer, or call a dealer that you trust and have them run YOUR actual information to know for sure what is allowable. It's really the only way to say 100%. Are you currently Active or Reserve Military? How do you qualify for the PREFERRED pricing?
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
cuspid

Not so, my wife and I have two gm cards. We used mine with $4200 on it in January for a 1SS camaro that my daughter bought. We still have the other with the $2900 available. These are old gm cards we took out around 1993.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
cuspid

The 1SS msrp was $33,500 and we paid $28,000. And only 6 mos before they were asking $5000 over msrp.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
cuspid

I received the bonus earnings on the card that we used in January thay now has $400 rebate on it. Good for $1000 off, I suppose it can't be used with the $2900 gm card.

Last edited by cuspid; 12-14-2010 at 07:39 PM.