Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Turn around time for orders

Going in friday to Fred Beans by my house to test drive a new LS. Im torn between placing an order for the I/O Camaro or just getting a black one. How long is the turn around for new Camaros? Is it down to a month or will it be longer?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
I was told by the dealer, around 6 weeks.............................................
Old 12-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6 - ABM
1 year ago it was 5 weeks at Elkins in Marlton. Depends on their allotments I guess - I got mine back on the tail end of the period when you couldn't even take one out for a test drive, prices were still above MSRP and there were waiting lists for the car at some dealerships, but Marlton gave me MSRP and the car was there in a little over a month. Not bad at all. Shop around and i seriously doubt that you'll find worse than that 14 months later.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Yea thats what I figure. I think Im going to just bite the bullet and order an I/O one instead of settling on black. I/O is just a sick color and everyone has a black car. I know this kid who works at Fred Beans (graduated a yr after me) so I'm going to see him on fri. Also got pretty good price on the cas thru USAA. I/O auto LS for $22,306.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
LadyT_SS
Christina

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 1SS
I just ordered a rjt on monday and the dealership told me 8 weeks
LadyT_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
nwiabikr

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I ordered mine at the end of August 2010 from my local dealer and was told it would take 4-6 weeks. I later found out that they didn't have an allocation for a Camaro and it ended up taking 12 weeks to finally to get my car. This was very stressful and frustrating. Make sure your dealer has an allocation and if they do then it will probably take about 8 weeks to get it. The folks at camarotracking.com are very helpful and may be able to answer a lot of your ?s. The wait made me love my camaro that much more but it is now stored for the winter.
nwiabikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #7
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
As it says in my signature from the day I ordered at the dealer to the day I picked the car up was 47 days back in January/February/March and it took about a week and a half for the order to actually get sent in to GM.

Trust me, the wait for your car is excruciating (I remember checking the order tracking site multiple times a day) but the moment you sit behind the wheel of YOUR car it's all worth it and you realize how short the wait really was. And should you "settle" for one on the lot that isn't exactly what you want you'll kick yourself after a month or two when the car would have been delivered.

My car means so much more to me knowing that it was built exactly to my specifications and that it would not even exist if not for me. To anyone wondering if it's worth it to place an order rather than picking some random car up off the lot (unless of course it matches what you want EXACTLY): trust me, it is.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6 - ABM
On a 2011? That's not a bad deal at all - for what it's worth (not much probably), I'd take it.

Honestly I'm sure you're thinking you're going to be removing your fingernails during those 5-6 weeks but once the excitement of the purchase subsides a bit you get back into your normal routineand it's better. Those first few days and the last week are rough but in between it's not bad.

Then the big day comes (mine was in 4-1/2 weeks actually - i got a call from the dealership expecting bad news but instead it was my sales guy asking if I was goiing to pick up the new ABM 1LT sitting on their lot with my name on it, or if they should sell it to someone else. Bastard. ), and soon you find yourself stalling the car you didn't test drive a dozen times on the way home and smelling of burnt brand-new clutch once you get in the driveway, but still with Permagrin firmly attached to your face.

It's all worth it. Especially to get exactly what you wanted.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote