Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
GaryG

Drives: 2010 1SS
2010 Incentives

Hi All;

Trying to join the club! What are the current incentives on a 2010? I've heard the following but cannot get confirmation.

1. Dealer sent me and email saying GM just announced $1000 customer cash.
2. Same dealer email said $1500 in accessory allowances.
3. Edmounds.com states $1000 in GM to dealer cash.

I'm not planning on financing so those incentives don't matter. Anyone have any luck getting Edmounds TMV? TMV on a straight 1SS is $29,681 before taxes and liscense (TMV includes delivery). Looking for a 2010 1SS or 2SS. Can I get invoice? below invoice? Just MSRP? What do you guys think?

I'm willing to pay a fair price but don't want to get raped. Please help!

Thanks!

Gary
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Don't fall for marketing crap. You'll be an easy victim if you do. It doesn't matter what "incentives" they offer. It's all crap to get you to think you are getting a deal. Make your life easy: Just compare out-the-door prices of three local dealers (and let them know you are doing it.). Then compare the lowest of the locals to the online dealers here (Camaro Scotty, etc). No games, no bs, lowest price wins.

If you don't follow the above advice, you are paying too much.

2010 CGM 2SS LS3, born: 4/10
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
These are legit incentive from what I understand and you can get low financing. Negotiate your best deal and get the extra $1,000 cash from GM if you finance with Ally (formerly GMAC).
Old 12-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Do not trust Edmond's TMV. I have never seen a new car go for near their TMV unless a buyer qualifies for multiple incentives which sounds like you will not qualify for or you would already have been notified.

Also dealers can not negotiate a price plus Incentives. GM's really come down hard on this to prevent dealers undercutting each other by a lot. If you want Incentives, you will get MSRP + Incentives. If you want Invoice pricing, you will not get any Incentives, so work with your salesman and take whatever is the lowest deal they can offer. Please note that Rebates are not the same as Incentives and as such operate by their own rules.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1ss camaro, incentives, price