Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Problem with my dealer

went back on what he said, and he doesn't know what priority means

So i stopped by my dealer today to get a copy of my order # and paperwork because i have failed to do so yet.

when i ordered (oct 13th) he assured me that i would receive any discounts i was eligible for (military) as long as GM offered it - though he stated he doubted they would.

today he said they are selling them at MSRP and thats ithe's a nice guy, and i'm not good @ being 'aggressive with sales people, but he's just not a good salesman...Should i try talking to the manager? i was under the impression i'd be getting mine a couple grand under list

along with that i'm priority 10 (first one to order in allotment of 6) others were 10,11, and 16 i believe. he said lot cars are like 40 or 50 usually. will the priority really affect my order much? i know most people are #1 on their orders.

input and advice is very appreciated. this whole thing kinda killed my buzz from the EVS contest
Old 01-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
got anything in writting?
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
I would ask to speak with the manager or GM. Don't get mad, just tell them the facts. However, it is up to them to accept any discount so in the end, you might be stuck paying MSRP (or waiting). As far as the priority, it really is meaningless in the big scheme of things. It is really only dealer significant and a lot depends on what GM builds when. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

i had MSRP in writing, which is what they are giving to everyone, so i guess i shud've gotten the discount in writing instead.

I'll probably talk to who ever is above my dealer because he keeps saying 'they' aren't offering any discounts when referring to his own dealership, doesn't seem to have much say in the matter.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
The dealer decides your order priority, and at this point, before production of a highly anticipated new car even begins, MSRP really isn't bad at all. Dealers "offering" below MSRP are pretty few and far between, those marking up the price are numerous. Of course it's up to you. With a priority of 10 and only 6 allotments, you may still do better elsewhere.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
If it was me, I'd go in, get my deposit back, and go elsewhere. There are many dealers that understand the US is hurting and besides "a sale at a low margin is better than no sale at all"

You've got to have numerous other Chevy dealers in your area. And besides, if you can't get the price you want/need, you do always have the choice of waiting a couple more months.

Best of luck!!

Delivered: 29 June 09 !!!

Current:
'57 BelAir 2Dr Post
'07 Avalanche LTZ (daily driver)
'10 Traverse (wife's demo)
'99 Harley FLHTC
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
i had MSRP in writing, which is what they are giving to everyone, so i guess i shud've gotten the discount in writing instead.

I'll probably talk to who ever is above my dealer because he keeps saying 'they' aren't offering any discounts when referring to his own dealership, doesn't seem to have much say in the matter.
What dealer?
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
What dealer?
Jerry Hamm.

all the other dealers in the area are marking up their camaros. i'm thinking about calling over to the dealership and talking to someone who actually has some power over the pricing issue, if they're giving them all @ MSRP right off the bat, i may be able to negotiate my discount

otherwise i'll accept the higher cost, or drop ship one from another dealer - anyone know of a dealership with allotment left and accepting GM discounts?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
bruins004
Banned

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Jerry Hamm.

all the other dealers in the area are marking up their camaros. i'm thinking about calling over to the dealership and talking to someone who actually has some power over the pricing issue, if they're giving them all @ MSRP right off the bat, i may be able to negotiate my discount

otherwise i'll accept the higher cost, or drop ship one from another dealer - anyone know of a dealership with allotment left and accepting GM discounts?
This is what I am looking for as well.
No luck yet, but a lot of dealers know nothing about the Camaro.
However, the good news is that I have not talked to a dealer that has ADM.
All dealers I have talked to have this far been MSRP only.
I really dont get why they wont take the discounts since they do get money back on the deal and it isn't that much to take off with the discount (prob. roughly 2k).
bruins004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Chewy, I'm thinking about going down to Daytona and possibly ordering one from them. Our dealers suck here in the Jax area.

Sorry to hear about that.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Jerry Hamm.

That's the dealer I tried to contact a couple times last week. First time the Internet sales guy was out that day. The next time I let the phone ring around 20 times before I hung up. That was in the middle of the day too. Let us know how things go with the dealer. I'm in no rush to order, but I hope to have an SS before the end of this year, maybe when they are trying to clear their lots for tax purposes.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
That's the dealer I tried to contact a couple times last week. First time the Internet sales guy was out that day. The next time I let the phone ring around 20 times before I hung up. That was in the middle of the day too. Let us know how things go with the dealer. I'm in no rush to order, but I hope to have an SS before the end of this year, maybe when they are trying to clear their lots for tax purposes.
Just looking at your plate request in your sig....

trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #13
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Just looking at your plate request in your sig....

A long time ago, there was a comedian joking about his vanity plate. It read "I FORGOT". The audience looked puzzled until he mentioned what happened whenever he got pulled over and the officer had to read the plate to the dispatcher.

Back to the topic. I'm sure when I am ready to put down a deposit I will be checking all the area dealers for the best deal and weigh that to when I might expect the car. Saving $500 or $1000 to go on a waiting list for wait 3-6 months wouldn't be worth it to me.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!! I wonder if the state would allow this vanity plate---> KISSMYSS
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Jerry Hamm.

Give the one at Jax beach a call...I'm not sure if they have any slots left. If you get any BS...just 'escalate'.
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #15
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Chewy, I'm thinking about going down to Daytona and possibly ordering one from them. Our dealers suck here in the Jax area.

Sorry to hear about that.
Got something against FREEZING COLD WISCONSIN????
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #16
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Hey, we had this funky stuff on the grass this morning... it was all white made the grass crunchy... And when I came home it was gone... weird huh... Someone called it fruoossst. Hm. Do you guys have any of this up there?

No, I'd very much consider either Bobby or yourself but I have to trade in a car so that makes the long dinstance order a little tricky... We'll see.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #17
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:
Hey, we had this funky stuff on the grass this morning... it was all white made the grass crunchy... And when I came home it was gone... weird huh... Someone called it fruoossst. Hm. Do you guys have any of this up there?

No, I'd very much consider either Bobby or yourself but I have to trade in a car so that makes the long dinstance order a little tricky... We'll see.
Holy crap! I thought people's heads fell off in FL when it got that cold? Are the schools closed?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #18
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Yesterday I saw this clear, slippery, hard stuff stuck to the sidewalk. I asked Dragoneye what it was. He said it was ICE. I said, "ICE, no way, like from the freezer?" He told me that the ice on the sidewalk was "wild" ice and I should be careful or it might get me...

Who knew? Learn something every day.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:

Yesterday I saw this clear, slippery, hard stuff stuck to the sidewalk. I asked Dragoneye what it was. He said it was ICE. I said, "ICE, no way, like from the freezer?" He told me that the ice on the sidewalk was "wild" ice and I should be careful or it might get me...

Who knew? Learn something every day.
I have a friend in Tampa and I call him every time I see the cold air (sub 50 degrees) in FL. It makes me laugh talking to him. Meanwhile, it was 5 degrees here earlier this week.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #20
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

My thermometer doesn't go that low... Psh 5 degrees... You're so silly.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #21
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
do you have any allotment left?? and will ya gimme my discount? i'll definitely drop ship if so
Quote:
ya...and no one could figure out why their windshields seemed 'foggy' and the wipers wouldn't work...i've heard of a button for that
Old 01-25-2009, 06:19 AM   #22
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
OK, this thread is already hijacked so I'm only asking a question about something that was brought up earlier in the thread about being a priority 10 in the allotment? The dealer told me that there were two allotments in front of me but he would, if he could, move me in front of them. He then said that he could not. My order workbench has me as Priority 1 but is that because I am a pre-order?
As I am getting an 1LS, would that help in the delivery time? I understand anywhere from May to Oct from the board.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #23
kalel
Future Camaro Driver

Drives: 1995 Salvaged Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
OK, this thread is already hijacked so I'm only asking a question about something that was brought up earlier in the thread about being a priority 10 in the allotment? The dealer told me that there were two allotments in front of me but he would, if he could, move me in front of them. He then said that he could not. My order workbench has me as Priority 1 but is that because I am a pre-order?
As I am getting an 1LS, would that help in the delivery time? I understand anywhere from May to Oct from the board.
Where are you guys getting these priority numbers? I can't find a number like that in my order workbench.
kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #24
thomasz28
L88 427

Drives: 1973 L88 427 Camaro Z28
As a former Chevrolet dealer I will tell all of you the truth. Whenever a car this anticipated is released, the gloves are off and nothing in writing or words mean a thing ! The dealer is out to make as much as he can, period ! Especially with dealers going out of business faster than an L88 on Nitrous ! Unless your dad owns the dealership, which mine did you will get didka, bubkas ! You will pay no less than 2k above the sticker if, if, if you are lucky ! This is a cut-throat business and your needs, wants and desires are not even on their list ! My advise would be to bring the owner of your local Chevrolet dealer a bottle of Chevis Regal and tell him his wife left him !

L88 Z 427
thomasz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #25
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel View Post
Where are you guys getting these priority numbers? I can't find a number like that in my order workbench.
The page with the order# on it. Down at the bottom right above estimated delivery date.
Priority:1
I just thought it said that for everyone
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote