Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
predacon

Drives: camaro
question on ground effects installation

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has installed ground effects on their car and if so how easy is it. I'm probably gonna have it proffesionally installed because I dont wanna mess anything up, does anyone know how much it cost?
predacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by predacon View Post
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has installed ground effects on their car and if so how easy is it. I'm probably gonna have it proffesionally installed because I dont wanna mess anything up, does anyone know how much it cost?
My car was rear ended and I wanted to install the GM ground effects kit myself to cover up the damage to the bumper until I found out from the dealer that it comes with brackets and holes have to be drilled into the body etc... I think most if not all aftermarket ground effects kits are simply adhered to the body with 3M tape. If I go the GM body kit route, I'll definitely have the dealer install it. Call your local dealer for an install price.
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
I installed the Razzi kit myself, only needed help with the rear. Took approx. 4 hours or less.
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
a red maro

Drives: Victory Red 2lt RS V6 auto
is the gm ground effects just simply a lip kit or does it replace the entire front and rear bumper. I was going to opt for the gm ground effects kit but the delearship that i purchased my car at was asking like 2800 just for that i told them they could kiss my ass for that price and i could find an aftermarket one for way cheaper.

a red maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by a red maro View Post
is the gm ground effects just simply a lip kit or does it replace the entire front and rear bumper. I was going to opt for the gm ground effects kit but the delearship that i purchased my car at was asking like 2800 just for that i told them they could kiss my ass for that price and i could find an aftermarket one for way cheaper.
Bascially just a lip kit. The front splitter attaches to your front bumper. You take off the factory rocker panels and replace them with the new rockers. Finally on the back bumper you just remove the black diffuser part and attach the back piece. I bought car in January but purchased gfx kit in June thru gmpartshouse.com I love the kit but the only problem is you have to watch the front splitter it loves to fall off ha! After about 3 days of install it was already falling off so they put two layers of tape. That didnt' work so they decided to put in two hex nuts and she has been holding up since July It's a awesome kit otherwise. I'm not scraping yet! I added lowering springs plus have my license plate mounted under the front splitter.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
baby02
EYE CANDY

Drives: 1SS RS ABM
The Razzi kit can be had for around $1100 color matched from Carid, and you don't have to tear your car apart to install it.
baby02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #7
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby02 View Post
The Razzi kit can be had for around $1100 color matched from Carid, and you don't have to tear your car apart to install it.
I bought the Razzi kit from them too. But the worse part was the rear bumper alignment with the exhaust ( I have a Magna Flow Cat back).

After the perfect alignment, I didnt realize that my tips were burning the rear bumper exhaust holes.

I took the car last week to the paint shop to remove the rear piece completely from the car and paint the diffuser in CGM instead.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #8
a red maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
Bascially just a lip kit. The front splitter attaches to your front bumper. You take off the factory rocker panels and replace them with the new rockers. Finally on the back bumper you just remove the black diffuser part and attach the back piece. I bought car in January but purchased gfx kit in June thru gmpartshouse.com I love the kit but the only problem is you have to watch the front splitter it loves to fall off ha! After about 3 days of install it was already falling off so they put two layers of tape. That didnt' work so they decided to put in two hex nuts and she has been holding up since July It's a awesome kit otherwise. I'm not scraping yet! I added lowering springs plus have my license plate mounted under the front splitter.
how much did you drop it? I'm looking into a set of lowering springs for sometime in the future. I just don't want it scraping at every single little bump. that crap would make me mad. I like the way the ground effects looked from gm but just didn't like the price. So if i could get it installed and keep it from bottoming out at every single entrance then I'm game!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
ninja218

Drives: 10 camaro v6
hey red maro im from bishop aint that some shit lol my dad lives in alice. any ways im going the gm way but iv found it for 1500 new from chevy parts or something like that. iv got the web site on my mini ill post what site it is later once i open it. but all the other guys sell it for 1900 amd up so it was a deal when i found it. i went to the dealer the other day and asked and they said they didnt carry it bc its a aftermarket part or something like that. o well i still think 1500 is a better deal!!!
ninja218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
a red maro

yeah man all i know is that i bought mine in Victoria and when i asked about the ground effects i was shocked man. It's just a lip kit not a brand new freaking body kit lol.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #11
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Few quick questions: Does the GM Ground Effects make the car any lower? Or is just straight replacing the rockers? Does the front end hang any further down?

And how far of a drop are you guys looking at/running with now With GFX?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby02 View Post
I do not see the option to color match on the CARiD site. I also talked with a sales rep and he said it would not be color matched. I am curious how you got them to color match it for you.
cliffdog89 is offline   Reply With Quote