Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
HumanWiki
Former 5th Gen owner
 
HumanWiki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,295
Add me to the "rear ended" list

Just got the car back today from Showstoppers. They did a great job getting it repaired correctly and quickly -- thanks guys.

Last week, I was sitting at a light not even 1 mile from home.. right as I was going to move over a lane, got slammed in the rear... Her air bags went off and I got pushed in to the adjacent lane.. Cut my neck on the seat belt, my gf was uninjured.. The lady that hit me had airbag rash on her arm.. No serious injuries, but my Camaro's bumper and valance had to be fully replaced along with some paint/body repair along the inside of the trunk seam..

What is it with people hitting these cars like this? We violently take it from behind more often than most XXX stars.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT Auto
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Just got the car back today from Showstoppers. They did a great job getting it repaired correctly and quickly -- thanks guys.

Last week, I was sitting at a light not even 1 mile from home.. right as I was going to move over a lane, got slammed in the rear... Her air bags went off and I got pushed in to the adjacent lane.. Cut my neck on the seat belt, my gf was uninjured.. The lady that hit me had airbag rash on her arm.. No serious injuries, but my Camaro's bumper and valance had to be fully replaced along with some paint/body repair along the inside of the trunk seam..

What is it with people hitting these cars like this? We violently take it from behind more often than most XXX stars.
Glad you got it back so fast. Unfortunately this type accident happens too many time to all kinds of cars. People driving too fast and not leaving space enough between cars. Of course if you try to leave a safe spacing some idiot will pull in front of you and slam on brakes to make a right turn.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
pnyklr

 
Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 1,527
HA! That's a scratch compared to this.

http://www.funkconsulting.com/67cama...dent/index.htm

Glad it was fixed.

-Funk
__________________
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
HumanWiki
Former 5th Gen owner
 
HumanWiki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Glad you got it back so fast. Unfortunately this type accident happens too many time to all kinds of cars. People driving too fast and not leaving space enough between cars. Of course if you try to leave a safe spacing some idiot will pull in front of you and slam on brakes to make a right turn.
In my case, I was sitting at a red light... =(

To top it off.. She had no license on her. No insurance on her.. AND... Was cited 4 days prior in another collision for the same.. Her citation was her proof to the responding officers.. Yeah, they were less than pleased with her..
__________________
2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT Auto
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
In my case, I was sitting at a red light... =(

To top it off.. She had no license on her. No insurance on her.. AND... Was cited 4 days prior in another collision for the same.. Her citation was her proof to the responding officers.. Yeah, they were less than pleased with her..
Dang, seems like anymore people don't care about laws.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
heRS


 
heRS's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,047
Wow she win the free ride in the police car? I hope so! Sorry to hear about this happening to your car, but happy you got it back quickly.
__________________
Tori
click the sig pic to view my build thread


heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
buzzy56
buzzy56
 
buzzy56's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 1,118
I feel for you.

hear of this more and more.Don't know about the rest of you.But it seems like every time I come to a stop light or sign.I stop early.Wait for the car of truck behind me to stop then pull ahead a bit to give myself some space between them and my rear end.I think most all attempt to get to close when we come to a stop to eyeball the car leaving no room for error.I hate it.Trucks are the worse.The more beat up the closer they get.Don't understand it.Great that you got her back and looking good once more.This car Must be a target?
__________________
OLD SCHOOL / NEW SCHOOL COOL
buzzy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
CUPRA

 
CUPRA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS - IOM/CGM Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,282
Sorry to hear that this happened. It really sucks. My 2011 was rear ended 6 weeks after I picked it up from the dealer - hadn't even made my first payment. To say I was pissed was an understatement!

Glad you got it all taken care of quickly!
__________________


2011 - 2SS/RS - IOM/CGM Stripes • CUPRA • Ordered: 4/10/2010 Mine: 7/1/2010 - 426BHP+CAI
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
Matic
 
Matic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 338
it wasnt until I got a camaro that I noticed how bad drivers really are. Tailgaters, people pulling up right on your a** at a light, people drifting into your lane because they are texting, people hugging the line in the lane next to you, people cutting you off. I can go on and on.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
cactuseater

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 859
I truly wish GM would do a recall on the front shoulder harness to include an ADJUSTABLE pulley on the pillar post like most vehicles. I too nailed my neck on that thing, it's uncomfortable and the worst I've had to deal with. Never gave it a thought on the test drive, was too blown away by the car. I always used my belt in the '04 Z06 Vette I sold before this car and it was adjustable AND comfortable.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official 1/8 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 621 09-13-2014 12:14 AM
add 1 more to the FI list :D ( nitrous ) rhd Forced Induction - V6 28 04-11-2011 01:02 PM
Petition to Add Green to the Colors List. stovt001 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 43 03-21-2010 01:52 PM
What's on your xmas list? Mindz Off-topic Discussions 77 10-29-2009 03:25 PM
Can I add names to the List of VINs? dstairs Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 3 04-11-2009 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.