Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #1
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Vert/G7C
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Posts: 506
Fresh Water Fishing.....

I don't do much of it, but I plan on trying to get better. If you have pictures, info, or funny things to post about fresh water fishing, post it up!

Good luck out there guys!!


__________________
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one Iíve never tried before." Mae West 1892-1980

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:59 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 17,072
I love it.....and do a lot of it. The community I live in has plenty of large ponds and a large lake. If I have the need or want to, I can latterly walk across the street from my house with rod/reel and get "my line wet". There are plenty of LM Bass, Crappie, Catfish....and a few Alligators as well! Here is a nice one I caught across the street from my house.


9 LBer
Name:  BEST CATCH.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  149.7 KB

Name:  GATOR.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  115.8 KB
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 AM   #3
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Vert/G7C
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Posts: 506
Wow! Beautiful bass!!!
__________________
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one Iíve never tried before." Mae West 1892-1980

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
Tenring

 
Tenring's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,786
Wow Nuke, somehow I never thought of fresh water fishing as dangerous sport, you've made a believer out of me!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #5
sherob

 
sherob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 1,240
Shoot... drive out to Brazos Bend State Park... gators galore out there. LOL!!!!
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Vert/G7C
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Wow Nuke, somehow I never thought of fresh water fishing as dangerous sport, you've made a believer out of me!
That was a baby gator... come kayak out by my house in Armand Bayou
__________________
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one Iíve never tried before." Mae West 1892-1980

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #7
Chanman
 
Chanman's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Camaro 2LS V6
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 76
Wish I could fish more often
Attached Images
 
Chanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #8
Scalded Dog


 
Scalded Dog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Crestline, CA
Posts: 2,796
I used to fish. A lot. Loved it. Stream fishing was my favorite, but lake, and even some saltwater fishing fit into my routine.

Then, I got stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas... not my first choice, by any means, but, at the welcome ceremony (to the Big Red One!), the speaker mentioned that while Kansas may not have mountains or oceans, at least there was great fishing to be done. Great!

So, I started fishing Kansas. I fished, and fished, and fished. I fished some more. Then, I fished again. I kept fishing, and fishing... and fishing.

Only, I couldn't catch a fish. I had always been a decent fisherman in the past... but something about those Kansas fish wasn't working for me.

I fished in lakes and reservoirs and rivers. I fished in ponds, and backwaters. I fished anyplace that would wet a line. One man- made reservoir near post was shallow enough that I could still see the paved roads that were there before the reservoir was flooded, just under the surface of the water. I could drive my car quite a distance into the middle of the reservoir, sit on the roof of my car, and fish from there. I could SEE the damn fish, and I could even bounce the bait off of their freakin' fish noses... but couldn't catch a fish.

Sure, fishing isn't necessarily about hauling in fish. But, when you fish and fish and fish and fish... and hardly EVER even feel a nibble, let alone get to fight a little bit, it gets tiresome.

After one day of fruitless fishing, after many previous days of no- lucking, I had finally had enough. There's a nice tackle box, fully stocked, and a nice pole and reel, in the reservoir outlet below Milford Lake, for anybody who is interested.

That was many years ago, and I have not fished since. Kansas cured me of fishing.

The End.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:49 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 17,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Wow! Beautiful bass!!!
Thanks....that's my biggest one yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
Wow Nuke, somehow I never thought of fresh water fishing as dangerous sport, you've made a believer out of me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
That was a baby gator... come kayak out by my house in Armand Bayou
YEP. that was a little one, maybe only 3', it swam right up to my feet chasing my lure....lol

but we have LOTS of big ones where I fish too.....but they normally stay away from most folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Shoot... drive out to Brazos Bend State Park... gators galore out there. LOL!!!!
YES they do.....that's only about 25 minutes from my house......and in fact I am going there fishing this Friday! lol
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #10
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Vert/G7C
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I used to fish. A lot. Loved it. Stream fishing was my favorite, but lake, and even some saltwater fishing fit into my routine.

Then, I got stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas... not my first choice, by any means, but, at the welcome ceremony (to the Big Red One!), the speaker mentioned that while Kansas may not have mountains or oceans, at least there was great fishing to be done. Great!

So, I started fishing Kansas. I fished, and fished, and fished. I fished some more. Then, I fished again. I kept fishing, and fishing... and fishing.

Only, I couldn't catch a fish. I had always been a decent fisherman in the past... but something about those Kansas fish wasn't working for me.

I fished in lakes and reservoirs and rivers. I fished in ponds, and backwaters. I fished anyplace that would wet a line. One man- made reservoir near post was shallow enough that I could still see the paved roads that were there before the reservoir was flooded, just under the surface of the water. I could drive my car quite a distance into the middle of the reservoir, sit on the roof of my car, and fish from there. I could SEE the damn fish, and I could even bounce the bait off of their freakin' fish noses... but couldn't catch a fish.

Sure, fishing isn't necessarily about hauling in fish. But, when you fish and fish and fish and fish... and hardly EVER even feel a nibble, let alone get to fight a little bit, it gets tiresome.

After one day of fruitless fishing, after many previous days of no- lucking, I had finally had enough. There's a nice tackle box, fully stocked, and a nice pole and reel, in the reservoir outlet below Milford Lake, for anybody who is interested.

That was many years ago, and I have not fished since. Kansas cured me of fishing.

The End.
Fishing is not enjoyable if your main purpose is to catch something. You fish to get out and enjoy the weather and have peace. I have fun whether catching something, or not. I love seeing the openness of the bay systems, the vessels moving about in the distance, and the top water action around me. Give it a go again, with a different mind set. All you need is a rod, reel, lure, and lawn chair (or kayak). Have fun, space out, and enjoy nature!
__________________
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one Iíve never tried before." Mae West 1892-1980

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #11
xc_SS/RS


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: somewhere in MD
Posts: 2,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I love it.....and do a lot of it. The community I live in has plenty of large ponds and a large lake. If I have the need or want to, I can latterly walk across the street from my house with rod/reel and get "my line wet". There are plenty of LM Bass, Crappie, Catfish....and a few Alligators as well! Here is a nice one I caught across the street from my house.


9 LBer
Attachment 794121

Attachment 794122
That's huge! Nice catch there.

I've got a few decent ones from freshwater that I'll have to find pictures of when I get home. I've been fishing since I don't even know how long but there are a few lakes around here which don't seem to produce much because of the fishing pressure. Upper and lower Potomac River is usually good with the upper being better. Tons of smallmouth bass all over the place
__________________
2010 2SS/RS
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #12
Dizzy82


 
Dizzy82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 87114
Posts: 3,183
__________________
Power is worthless without control. The 2nd protects the 1st.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coil overs, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Dynamat, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
tajefe
 
tajefe's Avatar
 
Drives: Way 2 Fast
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I used to fish. A lot. Loved it. Stream fishing was my favorite, but lake, and even some saltwater fishing fit into my routine.

Then, I got stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas... not my first choice, by any means, but, at the welcome ceremony (to the Big Red One!), the speaker mentioned that while Kansas may not have mountains or oceans, at least there was great fishing to be done. Great!

So, I started fishing Kansas. I fished, and fished, and fished. I fished some more. Then, I fished again. I kept fishing, and fishing... and fishing.

Only, I couldn't catch a fish. I had always been a decent fisherman in the past... but something about those Kansas fish wasn't working for me.

I fished in lakes and reservoirs and rivers. I fished in ponds, and backwaters. I fished anyplace that would wet a line. One man- made reservoir near post was shallow enough that I could still see the paved roads that were there before the reservoir was flooded, just under the surface of the water. I could drive my car quite a distance into the middle of the reservoir, sit on the roof of my car, and fish from there. I could SEE the damn fish, and I could even bounce the bait off of their freakin' fish noses... but couldn't catch a fish.

Sure, fishing isn't necessarily about hauling in fish. But, when you fish and fish and fish and fish... and hardly EVER even feel a nibble, let alone get to fight a little bit, it gets tiresome.

After one day of fruitless fishing, after many previous days of no- lucking, I had finally had enough. There's a nice tackle box, fully stocked, and a nice pole and reel, in the reservoir outlet below Milford Lake, for anybody who is interested.

That was many years ago, and I have not fished since. Kansas cured me of fishing.

The End.
It's a sad fact fishing is tough in Kansas unless you like bottom feeding cats.
Lucky for us at least three of our four neighboring states have some beautiful lakes with some awesome fishing. Sorry Nebraska never a reason to go that way.
Most Kansas lakes have become so nasty(dirty with algae warnings and such) I wouldn't eat much I caught here anyway. Other than when we go to the local resort and they stock it, since it's part of their fish farm. Not much sport but the kids think its cool reeling em in every 10 minutes.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"I wake up relatively happy every morning. Then I interact with people and things start to change very quickly"
Homer J.
tajefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,607
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
If I want to stand (or sit) by a stream or lake for an afternoon ... I will. I don't need to hold a fishing rod while I do so. Likewise, if I want to take a walk in the woods, I do not need a dimpled white ball to tell me where to go*. Perhaps I'm not the type for the quasi-passive outdoor activities. But if thats your version of relaxation, kudos to you. If everybody was the same, the world would be a boring place.

*I have been told that you're supposed to send the golf ball to the grassy bit between the woods
... but I could never manage that
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.