Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #76
BMR Sales



 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Thanks! BMR got it right with this spring set!
We appreciate all the pictures you have posted and your feedback on the springs. If there is ever anything else we can help you out with in the future let us know.
__________________
Keith Kanyuh
5th Gen Camaro Suspension Specialist
keith@bmrsuspension.com
www.bmrsuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #77
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Last week, I finally started Project stripe. It'll be a gloss black center stripe starting from the "mail slot" and ending just before the spoiler, with a metallic blue pinstripe around. So far, the hood has been painted. In December, I'll finish the rest of the stripe.

Photoshop of the complete stripe



Stripe so far...









__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #78
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Here's a new photoshop technique I just learned: I can add motion to any still pic!

Before:




After:

__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #79
Tbar
 
Tbar's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SE Virginia
Posts: 209
Thumbs up

Enjoyed your thread, that motion effect is cool. I'm a new LS owner and like someone else stated you do us proud. Really dig your photo skills, locations, & use of natual lighting. It is an artform that hopefully I can gleen from.
__________________
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #80
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
Enjoyed your thread, that motion effect is cool. I'm a new LS owner and like someone else stated you do us proud. Really dig your photo skills, locations, & use of natual lighting. It is an artform that hopefully I can gleen from.
Thanks for looking and taking time to comment!

Congrats on the new Camaro! The LS is a great canvas to make your own; from what I see, you've already started with the personalization! I appreciate the compliments! I didn't really get into photography until I got this car, so I'm still in the early learning phase.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #81
Dylaqn4567
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 363
Hey man, I've been following your thread for a while and I love your car. I have a 2012 Camaro LS with 18in wheels just like yours and you have totally convinced me to lower it! It looks so much better like that! What tires do you have on?

Thanks!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Dylaqn4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #82
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylaqn4567 View Post
Hey man, I've been following your thread for a while and I love your car. I have a 2012 Camaro LS with 18in wheels just like yours and you have totally convinced me to lower it! It looks so much better like that! What tires do you have on?

Thanks!
Thanks! Lowering the car made a big difference both looks and performance wise! I still have the stock tires, but I'm hoping to change them out for wider tires soon (265's up front, 295's rear).

For the springs, look into BMR's springs; they're top quality at an unbeatable price. Apex Chase is the go-to guy for BMR products.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #83
Dylaqn4567
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Thanks! Lowering the car made a big difference both looks and performance wise! I still have the stock tires, but I'm hoping to change them out for wider tires soon (265's up front, 295's rear).

For the springs, look into BMR's springs; they're top quality at an unbeatable price. Apex Chase is the go-to guy for BMR products.
Ok thanks! And you can fit 295s on 18s?
__________________
Dylaqn4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #84
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylaqn4567 View Post
Ok thanks! And you can fit 295s on 18s?
Mine are 18x9 all around. A friend of mine has 295's on his 18" set up, but will be going wider soon...
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #85
Dylaqn4567
 
Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Mine are 18x9 all around. A friend of mine has 295's on his 18" set up, but will be going wider soon...
Mine are 18x8.5 all around. Do you still think they would fit?
__________________
Dylaqn4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #86
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylaqn4567 View Post
Mine are 18x8.5 all around. Do you still think they would fit?
I have no idea! I think there's a good chance they would fit, but I'm not completely sure.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #87
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Decided to try something new (to me) with photoshop...

__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #88
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,071
Wow, those photoshops look really good. I think getting those 295s would look real good. I'm actually thinking of some 295s in the future. I love how they look, not too big and not too small.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #89
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Wow, those photoshops look really good. I think getting those 295s would look real good. I'm actually thinking of some 295s in the future. I love how they look, not too big and not too small.
Thanks! I'm hoping to get better as time goes on...

295's will give it a great stance! And I'm sure provide more traction with some of your mods! I'm hoping in Jan/Feb I'll be able to either get a new set of tires (265 front/295 rear) or Headers and a tune.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #90
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Here's a video of my dyno from Texas Camaro Nationals 2012. HP was 229 (it was 243 last year):

__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #91
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
This past weekend I brought home a couple of trophies from Texas Camaro Nationals 2012: 1st Place Bracket Racing and 2nd Place V6 Shootout!

__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #92
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
This past weekend I brought home a couple of trophies from Texas Camaro Nationals 2012: 1st Place Bracket Racing and 2nd Place V6 Shootout!
You're lucky I didn't bring the Infiniti.

__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #93
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
You're lucky I didn't bring the Infiniti.

Next time, Russ... Next time.

Oh crap! Now there's a pic of me floating around, waiting for the government to identify me...
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #94
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Pics from Texas Camaro Nationals 2012, courtesy of Dangeruss and Moni:















__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #95
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Yes this is a photoshop...

__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #96
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,469
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Still a demon on the tree I see... Congrats on adding trophies to the mantle...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #97
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Still a demon on the tree I see... Congrats on adding trophies to the mantle...
I try... Thanks! Hopefully I'll run in one of the V8 classes for TCN 2014.
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #98
Imdyinhere
HTCC Member
 
Imdyinhere's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 313
Not sure if you remember but we met at the Louetta Cars and Coffee in October. I am very impressed with your build log and also at your skills on the track. I am also a LS owner and seeing what you have done with your canvas has really given me inspiration.
I look forward to talking more with you at other events about performance as well as appearance mods so that I can take my LS to a whole new level.

PS: Where did you get your springs installed. That is my next mod.
__________________
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #99
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdyinhere View Post
Not sure if you remember but we met at the Louetta Cars and Coffee in October. I am very impressed with your build log and also at your skills on the track. I am also a LS owner and seeing what you have done with your canvas has really given me inspiration.
I look forward to talking more with you at other events about performance as well as appearance mods so that I can take my LS to a whole new level.

PS: Where did you get your springs installed. That is my next mod.
I remember meeting at C&C! Thanks for the compliments! I'd be more than happy to talk the next time we're out at a meet. The most important thing is deciding what your overall theme is, then choosing mods that fit the picture. I look forward to seeing how your car changes over time!

I installed the springs myself. If you can pay someone else to do it, I'd definitely recommend going that route! I had to stay within a college student budget, so I saved on labor (but dealt with the physical pain afterward).
__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 AM   #100
LoneStar


 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,381
Just another photo shoot:











__________________
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
blackout, falken, injen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official 2011 Camaro Convertible Details and Specs released! The Viz Camaro Convertible Forum 138 02-09-2014 02:28 PM
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Answeres to questions I have stumbled on dieseldave24v 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 13 02-23-2009 06:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.