Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Dan55

Drives: Intimidator camaro!
Question on trading Camaro in :(

Hey guys....

Well I hate to post this... but I have too...

So I am getting an apartment, and I have to trade in my baby..... I was curious as to what is going to be my best option (in your opinions)...

Heres my situation:

Moving out on my own... cant afford the payment anymore... ($520 a month)....

I still owe about 29k on the car (yup just got it at the beginning of the summer!)

What is the BEST way to lower my payment???? What price range of used/new should I be looking at??? I was hoping to almost cut the payment in half. :(

I was looking into like the altimas or maximas..... Needs to be good on gas because Ill be driving an hour to work....

Pains me to post this... but thanks for your help guys!!!!
Dan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
You really have no good option here. If you trade it in, or sell it private party, you'll probably be upside down in your loan and will owe money on a car that's no longer in your possession. Trading it for something cheaper probably isn't possible since most credit agencies won't allow you to roll in negative equity on a used car purchase. And if you do, you'll really be upside down.

Reason for moving out? Is moving in with friends or splitting the cost of rent somehow an option? Then you might be able to hang on to the car while you pay down the loan and can then get rid of it.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS LS3
Can you refinance?
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote