Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 AM   #545
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Hope you get your issue resolved, the power is incredible!
Did your tuner have options for Camaro Manual and Camaro Automatic and then Camaro Auto and GXP Auto?
Old 01-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #546
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Did your tuner have options for Camaro Manual and Camaro Automatic and then Camaro Auto and GXP Auto?
To be honest with you, I forget and I can't try to redo it after paying big bucks on a custom tune yesterday. Jessika should be able to answer that one for you. I don't remember the GXP at all, it could have asked about the Manual. The things is, the kit was for an LS3 and the part number is different so I have to imagine that the programmed tune was for my engine since the instructions were for both engines. I think the tray under the Maggie is different on the L99 also so that could be it.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:06 AM   #547
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Start up is perfect. BEAUTIFUL....... After a minute or so it starts to surge and then after about a minute and a half it start to smoke. But that first minute it sound like heaven.
Did you check to make sure your dip stick didn't push out while it was running... see if it's out, and if it is, that may be something...... If you are building a lot of pressure in the block, thats a pretty quick sign... If you have a line crossed somewhere or feeding the wrong direction....maybe something forcing pressure into the crankcase...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 AM   #548
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
To be honest with you, I forget and I can't try to redo it after paying big bucks on a custom tune yesterday. Jessika should be able to answer that one for you. I don't remember the GXP at all, it could have asked about the Manual. The things is, the kit was for an LS3 and the part number is different so I have to imagine that the programmed tune was for my engine since the instructions were for both engines. I think the tray under the Maggie is different on the L99 also so that could be it.
Hmmmm............. I'll have to try to get a stock Magnuson L99/TCU tune to verify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Did you check to make sure your dip stick didn't push out while it was running... see if it's out, and if it is, that may be something...... If you are building a lot of pressure in the block, thats a pretty quick sign... If you have a line crossed somewhere or feeding the wrong direction....maybe something forcing pressure into the crankcase...
It wasn't. I actually chacked my oil level after talking to Zebra earlier.

I had to splice into the MAF sensor lines. Maybe I didn't get a good connection. I got a few things to check tomorrow. A bad MAF reading can cause these exact symptoms. As far as the air hoses and such, only thing I can think is that maybe using different inner diameter that it called for hoses could be it? I can't imagine. No pressure on any of these hoses. And I double and tripple checked. They are all correct.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #549
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Hmmmm............. I'll have to try to get a stock Magnuson L99/TCU tune to verify.

It wasn't. I actually chacked my oil level after talking to Zebra earlier.

I had to splice into the MAF sensor lines. Maybe I didn't get a good connection. I got a few things to check tomorrow. A bad MAF reading can cause these exact symptoms. As far as the air hoses and such, only thing I can think is that maybe using different inner diameter that it called for hoses could be it? I can't imagine. No pressure on any of these hoses. And I double and tripple checked. They are all correct.
Well, you have exhausted my one thing to check... Good Luck, and with the great peeps on here helping, Jessica, Zebra etc..... you'll get it lined out soon...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #550
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Almost there PQ.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Get your self a real snow blower.

Ooops! Don't want to jack PQs thread...sorry! We gotta do something to entertain ourselves while we wait for the big "start up".
Alfie
Alfie, that thing come with a 5 point harness for the operator?

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #551
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Just throwing this out: It sounds like a timing issue. Maybe your tune didn't load? ECU is trying to time the engine and running rich, thus the smoke perhaps?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #552
wkdivr

Drives: 2004 GMC
Go back in the install manual, and look at step #136. Make SURE you spliced the blue, and tan wires to the new IAT sensor wires. It must be the solid tan wire, not the tan with black stripe. At least on the older (04) trucks, this was very easy to cornfuse.
wkdivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #553
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkdivr View Post
Go back in the install manual, and look at step #136. Make SURE you spliced the blue, and tan wires to the new IAT sensor wires. It must be the solid tan wire, not the tan with black stripe. At least on the older (04) trucks, this was very easy to cornfuse.
Had no time this morning to check, and I was so tired lastnight from a tax all nighter previous night that I had to go to bed. I thought about that. I will check this evening. Redo that. Other than that I am at a loss. Everything is in place. I guess the wire could have not made good contact when I crimped it.

I'm loading a video to YouTube now I took this morning. It'll be up soon.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #554
PQ
Booooosted.

Ok, here is what it is doing.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #555
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
MAF?

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #556
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
good luck.

edit: this reminds me why I'll never buy a used SC

Last edited by Sawyer; 01-13-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #557
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Is the MAF in the right way?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #558
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I was thinking that too....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #559
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Randy,

I sent the link for the video to my builder to see if he has seen anything like that before... I'll let you know what he replys...

Old 01-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #560
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I was thinking that too....
Well, it slid in and clicked with little effort on the bottom of the intake pipe. I did have to splice the two wires and I'm hoping I didn't get a good connection with one or both. Kind of a stratch but a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Randy,

I sent the link for the video to my builder to see if he has seen anything like that before... I'll let you know what he replys...
Thanks.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #561
wkdivr

Drives: 2004 GMC
There should be an arrow indicating flow.
wkdivr is offline   Reply With Quote