Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #876
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
psh... i don't need a PC. my Mac works just fine thanks, though
That was actually PC for Phone Call.

I'm so clever.

Glad you will be there to make sure Chris doesn't sabatage me.

Wait....................

lol
Old 01-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #877
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
That was actually PC for Phone Call.

I'm so clever.

Glad you will be there to make sure Chris doesn't sabatage me.

Wait....................

lol
sabotage?! what?!

did Chris say something?
TEAM LS3 for the WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #878
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
@PQ; You taking the vehicle someplace with a few C5 members? Cool. Hope all works out in the end.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #879
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
@PQ; You taking the vehicle someplace with a few C5 members? Cool. Hope all works out in the end.
Yup. Zebra is coming with me and we are using his truck to pull my car to GTAHVITs plave. There, in Jacksonville, we will have EFI tune my car.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #880
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
You better record all this and the tuning so when it goes KLAAAABOOOOM we can all see.

Man did I really type that? PQ I wish you luck but I do not think it will do any good.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #881
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Sorry bro, none of my bud's could help you on this.

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #882
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
You better record all this and the tuning so when it goes KLAAAABOOOOM we can all see.

Man did I really type that? PQ I wish you luck but I do not think it will do any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro68 View Post
Sorry bro, none of my bud's could help you on this.
Well. It seems I'm one of the very few who have a cat delete AND a supercharger who didn't have a dyno available.

I wonder who else tried a set-up similar to mine on a stock blower tune.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #883
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Damn PQ this has been a Blown Nightmare!!! This entire thread changes my mind about buying used. Sorry for you to have to go through all of this.:(

-Custom Stripes, Eibach Drop Springs
-MagnaFlow 3" Catback with X pipe
-ADM CAI-Street Version, SLP 160 T-Stat
-Ragin Racin Custom Tune
-Kooks LT Coated Headers, Heritage Grille
-Barton Short Throw Shifter
-Slotted & Dimpled Rotors
-Powercoated Calipers by Mike
-Hawk Ceramic Pads
-Painted Roof
-Painted Gills & Back Panel
-3-M Clear Bra, AAC Plasma DRL's
404rwhp and 403tq
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #884
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Damn PQ this has been a Blown Nightmare!!! This entire thread changes my mind about buying used. Sorry for you to have to go through all of this.:(
Well, it's my set-up that has it where it is. I installed the unit in about the 12 hour time frame that seems to be normal for non-pros. Working a couple hours a night. lol

It's just been a week of speculation as to the problem.

After talking to Magnuson and a few other tuners, it's been realized that my current mods are the culprits. The stock Magnuson tune is based on a bone stock car with only the blower on it. I have no cats, long tube headers, and a wide open intake.

The stock blower tune won't work. The nightmare is not having anyone in Mobile, or even lower Alabama for that matter, that does tuning.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #885
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
It will be nice when they are done tuning it and you go back to pick it up! The feeling that you are going to get when you sit in the drivers seat and start it is going to be pure joy!!!!

-Custom Stripes, Eibach Drop Springs
-MagnaFlow 3" Catback with X pipe
-ADM CAI-Street Version, SLP 160 T-Stat
-Ragin Racin Custom Tune
-Kooks LT Coated Headers, Heritage Grille
-Barton Short Throw Shifter
-Slotted & Dimpled Rotors
-Powercoated Calipers by Mike
-Hawk Ceramic Pads
-Painted Roof
-Painted Gills & Back Panel
-3-M Clear Bra, AAC Plasma DRL's
404rwhp and 403tq
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #886
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Well, it's my set-up that has it where it is. I installed the unit in about the 12 hour time frame that seems to be normal for non-pros. Working a couple hours a night. lol

It's just been a week of speculation as to the problem.

After talking to Magnuson and a few other tuners, it's been realized that my current mods are the culprits. The stock Magnuson tune is based on a bone stock car with only the blower on it. I have no cats, long tube headers, and a wide open intake.

The stock blower tune won't work. The nightmare is not having anyone in Mobile, or even lower Alabama for that matter, that does tuning.
I don`t understand this, My car ran fine on the bonestock GM tune (reflashed o/s) and then the Whipple can tune for a stock car w/ the Whipple and no other mods, I have headers, cated x-pipe, 3 inch magnaflow that the GM tune and the Whipple can tune did not account for like you, now I didn`t get on it w/ the GM tune but it ran and drove fine. Ran fine on the Whipple tune including getting on it. Still needed touching up for the mods but overall very nice.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #887
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
I don`t understand this, My car ran fine on the bonestock GM tune (reflashed o/s) and then the Whipple can tune for a stock car w/ the Whipple and no other mods, I have headers, cated x-pipe, 3 inch magnaflow that the GM tune and the Whipple can tune did not account for like you, now I didn`t get on it w/ the GM tune but it ran and drove fine. Ran fine on the Whipple tune including getting on it. Still needed touching up for the mods but overall very nice.
It's the cat delete mainly. The rear O2s read all that fuel and throw it off. At least that's what I'm told. It'll run. Just way too lean.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #888
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
PQ you have such an easygoing attitude about this all thank goodness. I also had the long tubes and cat detete (have since gone to Hi Flow cats for some sound deadning) but thank goodness my tuner was standing by. All will be good in a few days and you get a great trip to FL out of it.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #889
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
It's the cat delete mainly. The rear O2s read all that fuel and throw it off. At least that's what I'm told. It'll run. Just way too lean.
Hmmm.. My understanding has been that all the rear o2`s do is read if the cats are working properly or not and cause a mil light if they are not working properly, but otherwise don`t do anything to a/f adjustments which are handled by the front o2`s. Perhaps there is some sort of limp mode thats activated when the rear o2`s show insufficient cat activity? I`m not a tuner just a shade tree guy. So one of those guys (tuners) hopefully can chime in on exactly why the rear o2`s cause this issue. Inquiring minds want to know.

Very sorry about your frustration though, I went through it on mine w/ the old GM operating system. So been there done that and got the badge...Lol..
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #890
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
PQ you have such an easygoing attitude about this all thank goodness. I also had the long tubes and cat detete (have since gone to Hi Flow cats for some sound deadning) but thank goodness my tuner was standing by. All will be good in a few days and you get a great trip to FL out of it.
Publicly I do. lol

But for real, I don't have much of a choice. When it's all done we'll see if it truly was the tune or if something broke.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #891
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Good luck bro. Just think...you could've come to Houston a long time ago. You would already be driving, and you could've hung out with me, mlee and DaHose!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #892
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Hmmm.. My understanding has been that all the rear o2`s do is read if the cats are working properly or not and cause a mil light if they are not working properly, but otherwise don`t do anything to a/f adjustments which are handled by the front o2`s. Perhaps there is some sort of limp mode thats activated when the rear o2`s show insufficient cat activity? I`m not a tuner just a shade tree guy. So one of those guys (tuners) hopefully can chime in on exactly why the rear o2`s cause this issue. Inquiring minds want to know.

Very sorry about your frustration though, I went through it on mine w/ the old GM operating system. So been there done that and got the badge...Lol..
Oh, I'll wear this badge with pride. hahaha
Though I did go in to get the updates, I can only trust they actually did them. That would truly suck if that were it.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #893
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Good luck bro. Just think...you could've come to Houston a long time ago. You would already be driving, and you could've hung out with me, mlee and DaHose!
True. Hind sight. lol

But I'll still save over about a thousand dollars having done the install myself.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #894
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
True. Hind sight. lol

But I'll still save over about a thousand dollars having done the install myself.
Not quite a thousand anymore.

Seriously though...hope everything gets squared away soon. I would've already pulled every hair out of my head by now. You have much more patience than I do.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #895
Da Hose
ACCOUNT HOZED BY GN......

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS #26731
Quote:
WERD

I'd bet $100 that you smile like that all the time, even in your sleep... and you don't snore when you sleep, you giggle.

Da Hose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #896
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hose View Post
WERD
+1 yeah... he doesn't want to hang out with us nerds...
Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #897
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
+2....and I was looking forward to the photo shoot with PQ.....
Old 01-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #898
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
...The nightmare is not having anyone in Mobile, or even lower Alabama for that matter, that does tuning.
well, there's one here... it'd just be another 2 weeks before he could even get to it

Quote:
i'm with the next quote, but why don't you just unplug the rear O2s to see what that does?

Quote:

Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #899
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
I was looking forward to the photo shoot with Bonnie!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #900
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
...... why don't you just unplug the rear O2s to see what that does?
I never thought about it. I'm gonna do it tonight. Might as well. I gotta start on the ball joints and brakes on the Jeep.

Quote:
Not quite a thousand anymore.

Seriously though...hope everything gets squared away soon. I would've already pulled every hair out of my head by now. You have much more patience than I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hose View Post
WERD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post

Quote:
I was looking forward to the photo shoot with Bonnie!

Bonnies brother who lives in Houston said the same thing.

I forgot the price was 1400.00 WITH the tune. Here it was 1400.00 install only. So I was kind of basing it on that. But even after gas and all, I'll be 800.00 to the good. Gas to J-Ville or gas to Houston is the same. 500.00 for the tune makes 900.00 savings. Trailer rental, 70.00 so I"m still doing good.

And anyway, I'll see all you knuckleheads at the fest.

And Bonnies coming now so that's kinda bonus. lol