Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
blocky

Drives: 2011 Camaro
TrueCar.com

I just purchased my car last month. I will try and make this story as briefs as I can. I live in Long Island and purchased a 1LT. The car dealer was very high pressure and would not let me leave until I purchased a vehicle. I played hard ball just as bad. OK..I'll buy a car...but wasn't going to spend more than I wanted. We agreed on a price with a signed contract.
I go to pick up the car 6 weeks later when it arrived (they didn't have my color or the 6 speed manual transmission that I wanted. The car dealer all of a sudden wanted $600 more for the car and said he would not honor the price we agreed upon. WHATEVER........

That was probably the best thing that ever happened. I did a lot more research and it ended up that I was able to get the car for $1,000 Less than the best price that I found on Long Island.

I found something called TrueCar.com. It compares prices of other vehicled (with the exact same options you are looking for) and locates the dealer with the best price. The car dealer delivered the car to my front door at no extra charge. I paid $23,315 for my 1LT (plus tax of course).
I could find anyone here in Long Island with a price nearly as close. So if you are looking to purchase a car I'd check this website out. It is incredible.
blocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I'm honestly confused on rather if this is a spam message or actual post.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I'm honestly confused on rather if this is a spam message or actual post.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Way to stick to your guns and walk away when the price went up...

edit: I just put the stats in for my car and I got a better deal a year ago...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
If you're in Canada try, http://www.apa.ca once you have the dealers cost in hand you have what's necessary to negotiate. I saved about $6k, because I knew what the dealer's price was with all the options I wanted on my 2SS (all options except GM rims and their performance intake, colour painted engine cover) and how much in BS fees they were tacking on as well.
Not sure if the OP was a spam, but I wouldn't doubt the website is legit.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
moved to ordering

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote