Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
I hate buying cars. However, I need to get one :)

Hi.

New hear, i've read around a bit and hope this is the right place. Seems like it's the rule of the internets to get flogged for posting in the wrong forum heh.

I hate car buying. I've never had a pleasant experience with one or two exceptions. I tend to buy more than my share of new vehicles. I got burned in 2005 when I went for a Mustang after being tired of waiting for what would Pontiac do for a convertible new model Firebird. Little did I know then that what they'd do is be killed off as a brand, which still bugs me to this day.

I dumped my overpriced (dealer gouged) underpowered convertible mustang in 2007 and have been tootling around in a camry and it was my first non-convertible car in over 10 years. Patiently waiting to see what would happen, saving all my extra money to slap a lot down on a new convertible Camaro when the things came out.

Seeing how my nearby dealer inventory looks like with Coupes it appears that my best option would be to order one. If I don't want to pick it up until April/May what are my best options? How long does an order usually take?

I'd like to specifically order the version I want. In the past I've found that American car dealers are much less likely to let you BTO something you want and push you towards buying something off the lot. Since this guy is so new I was hoping I could get them to let me BTO this time.

What's the best way to do this these days? Any dealer experiences in the Raleigh, NC area would be awesome too.
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
jeffgtx

Drives: sosltice
a personal recommendation is to scoot over to the dealer camaros for sale section and contact one of the supporting vendors there. i had excellent service from Becky and so have others. a lot of dealers are getting good at drop shipping cars that are ordered, so you don't have to get locked into dealing with a dealer near you.

otherwise, the internet is your friend nowadays. i do all my research there, entering nearby zip codes and seeing what is our there. with the convertible, you wont see much if anything, so you'll have to talk to a person (ick, i know!) but there are good ones out there that wont even gouge you on the new verts.

the other thing you can do, is just send web inquiries to your local dealers and see what the quality of responses you get back are. i usually do that and then move the discussion on with the most responsive/informed dealers that i get notes back from. helps you narrow your search.

good luck.
jeffgtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Do you want a coupe or a convertable?????

If its a vert you want It'll be a long wait....... A coupe should be easy to find, any dealer can find what you want on the net or you can look yourself....
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 2SS/RS CGM #75,288
Hey Neighbor:
I also have a Wake Forest address (live off of 98 near Creedmoor Rd). Got my Camaro last year at Hendrick of Cary. We have also formed a club (Triangle Camaro Club) site also located here on C5.

I have a contact at Hendrick and they have 16 convertibles allocated (not sure when they are scheduled for delivery). They also have around 30 2010/2011's on the lot as well. You can PM me for additional info, I'd be glad to put you in contact with their Camaro guy.

I'm just not a vert gal, never have been - plus mine is my daily driver and I like a "quieter' cabin for my commute back and forth to the RBC Center.

Hope to see you here on CamaroNation (C5). Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
Do you want a coupe or a convertable?????

If its a vert you want It'll be a long wait....... A coupe should be easy to find, any dealer can find what you want on the net or you can look yourself....
Convertible. So the wait isn't an issue as I would want it around april or may.
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote