Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:21 AM   #1
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
nascar

I jsut talked to a good FREIND of mine next year he says the busch cars from gm will be the camaro!!!!!!!!! im hopeing its true because the monte is cut
Old 07-22-2007, 03:43 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I might start watching LTM (Left Turn Marathon) then.

Can't stand the twang on some of them thar drov'ers vos is. Nor do I like the commercials.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #3
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I used to be a BIG fan of NASCAR, primarily when Dale Sr. was driving.

His loss made me lose ALOT of interest. Now, with Jrs. decision, the oversaturation with all the NASCAR shows, and the progressive trend towards becoming more and more like the WWE, I've said "enough".

F1
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
like most things these days, its no longer about the sport, its about the money
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'd love to see what a NASCAR 5th Gen would look like. Don't think it would make me start to watch the sport, though. Going round and round in circles for hours just doesn't do it for me. I have respect for the guys knowing how difficult it is and all w/ everything that goes into the sport. But, again, not my cup of tea. I too, would rather watch F1 in twists and turns...preferably out of the rain.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
TEXASCOASTIE
WAITING

Drives: '06 Z71
I thought that the body that NASCAR uses has to be available in a 4 door sedan?
TEXASCOASTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASCOASTIE View Post
Maybe a question Moose could answer?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 AM   #8
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASCOASTIE View Post
Not necessarily. For example, Chevrolet previously used the Monte Carlo. And wayyy back in the 70's, MOPAR used the Charger.

The lack of the publics interest in the "big", "American made" coupe has resulted in the auto manufacturers ceasing in making coupes. Consequently, NASCAR is left with the Impala, Charger/Avenger, and Fusion...all 4-doors.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 AM   #9
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
it doesnt matter the front end and sticker is the only thing that will change u cant hardly tell the car apart anymore.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
I jsut talked to a good FREIND of mine next year he says the busch cars from gm will be the camaro!!!!!!!!! im hopeing its true because the monte is cut
Yes, this has been discussed by NASCAR… The reason is because of the “BUSCH WHACHERS”. NASCAR figures if the BUSCH cars are the Camaro, Mustang , and Challenger it would be harder for the Nextel Cup drivers to dominate the BUSCH series… There was a thread started on this topic many moons ago.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3

Last edited by KILLER74Z28; 07-23-2007 at 12:36 PM.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Shit....redneck racing is going political, huh?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm still a big NASCAR fan, and I would love to see the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang duke it out every weekend, under one condition: the cars actually looked like the ones you could buy at the car lot. And none of the crap that Chevy did with the Monte Carlo a couple years back with "Nascar inspired styling".

I thought the general concept behind the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing was to race cars that at least appeared to be stock, even if it was just sheet metal. That used to be half the appeal. When you saw an old charger win, you saw a charger win. Now when you see a charger win, you see the Nascar template with the dodge crosshair grill win. Not the same at all.

Hey, I wonder what the chances are of a modern trans-am racing series starting up? That should you road course lovers happy, as well as the people like me who want to see the pony cars racing again
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #13
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Update with evidence

COT Mustangs, Camaros would give Busch much-needed boost

By Terry Blount
ESPN.com
Updated: July 31, 2007, 4:00 PM ET

NASCAR's decision to bring a version of the Car of Tomorrow to the Busch Series was inevitable from a safety perspective. If the COT is safer in Nextel Cup, how can you justify running a non-COT car in Busch?

The Busch COT will not look like the Cup COT -- it won't have a rear wing or a front splitter -- but it will have many of the safety features included on the Cup COT.It's good to keep the cars different. If the cars were as similar as they are now, Cup drivers would continue to dominate the feeder series.

When the cars are almost identical, Cup drivers use the Busch races to prepare for Cup events.No one wants to eliminate Cup drivers from Busch events entirely. They add interest and sell tickets. However, the feeder series also has to retain its objective as a developmental league.

One solution NASCAR officials are discussing for the future is to make the Busch Series car a COT but switch to models not used in Cup, i.e., to make the Busch Series a sports car league with Mustangs, Camaros, etc. This would solve several problems. It would give the Busch Series its own identity, something the league desperately needs.

The series will have a new title sponsor next year, so why not give the new sponsor a new product to promote? This also would give the manufacturers another model to showcase in the second most popular racing series in the country.

If every team has to build new Busch cars anyway, make the new cars something unique.

-----------------------------------
This is along the same lines of what everyone is talking about, I just found some evidence at ESPN.com
This could be really cool. I could watch some stock looking Camaros whip all over the Dodge and Fords.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

if they brought in Camaros n' Mustangs, they'd have my attn!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #15
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I really don't think they will bring camaros or mustangs to the Busch series. Haven't heard anything about it... and they have a whole series JUST for racing Camaros, Mustangs, and other sports cars... So why would they want to race them in the Busch series? I'm glad they Busch series won't be using the stupid looking "Car of tomorrow" but I am highly doubtful that they will use Camaros.

Sorry to be a downer... but as a NASCAR fan, I seriously doubt it happening. They won't do anything logical or cool.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #16
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
They won't do anything logical or cool.
Thats funny and so true.

Its possible though. I can only hope. NASCAR does want to draw a distinct line between Busch and the Cup series. Too many Cup drivers have been coming in to dominate just so they could practice more on saturday. Switching it up like this would definitly draw that line. I can't wait to see.

acscamarochick06 - have you been to any races this year? I went to Pocono a few years ago, and am going to Michigan this year. I can't wait. Its a hellava party at MIS.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #17
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Thats funny and so true.

Its possible though. I can only hope. NASCAR does want to draw a distinct line between Busch and the Cup series. Too many Cup drivers have been coming in to dominate just so they could practice more on saturday. Switching it up like this would definitly draw that line. I can't wait to see.

acscamarochick06 - have you been to any races this year? I went to Pocono a few years ago, and am going to Michigan this year. I can't wait. Its a hellava party at MIS.
No I haven't actually been to one but I would love to go! My dad went to Bristol with my uncle and he LOVED it! My boyfriend's parents have been to Bristol and Talledega... They love it too!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #18
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
If the COT is safer in Nextel Cup, how can you justify running a non-COT car in Busch?

The Busch COT will not look like the Cup COT -- it won't have a rear wing or a front splitter -- but it will have many of the safety features included on the Cup COT.

It's good to keep the cars different. If the cars were as similar as they are now, Cup drivers would continue to dominate the feeder series.

When the cars are almost identical, Cup drivers use the Busch races to prepare for Cup events.

No one wants to eliminate Cup drivers from Busch events entirely. They add interest and sell tickets. However, the feeder series also has to retain its objective as a developmental league.

One solution NASCAR officials are discussing for the future is to make the Busch Series car a COT but switch to models not used in Cup, i.e., to make the Busch Series a sports car league with Mustangs, Camaros, etc.

This would solve several problems. It would give the Busch Series its own identity, something the league desperately needs.

The series will have a new title sponsor next year, so why not give the new sponsor a new product to promote? This also would give the manufacturers another model to showcase in the second most popular racing series in the country.

If every team has to build new Busch cars anyway, make the new cars something unique this is the post from espn