Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
Seawolf

Drives: Formerly '11 2SSRS CGM/Grey Leather
Question Deadline For Order Changes

Hi guys. It's been a while since I had to go through this. For reasons I won't bore you with, my car has been in the shop several times for the same problem. Apparently they are tired of working on it; so they are ordering me a new car to swap with mine. I told them yesterday before they placed the order to make it exactly the same as what I've got. Well, this morning I thought it over and I would like them to change the interior color from black cloth to the grey cloth to lighten up the cabin. I'd also like to add the silver ice metallic rally stripes to sort of match the inside. I called them this morning asking to change my order, but the guy that does the ordering has the day off and won't be back until tomorrow.

Here's my question: Does anyone know or remember what status code is the cutoff for changing an order? Is it 3000? If so, do I have to change it before it reaches 3000 or can I change it as long as it hasn't gone past 3000?

Sorry for asking this question as I'm sure it's been asked hundreds of times before, but I've done several searches and can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
Hi guys. It's been a while since I had to go through this. For reasons I won't bore you with, my car has been in the shop several times for the same problem. Apparently they are tired of working on it; so they are ordering me a new car to swap with mine. I told them yesterday before they placed the order to make it exactly the same as what I've got. Well, this morning I thought it over and I would like them to change the interior color from black cloth to the grey cloth to lighten up the cabin. I'd also like to add the silver ice metallic rally stripes to sort of match the inside. I called them this morning asking to change my order, but the guy that does the ordering has the day off and won't be back until tomorrow.

Here's my question: Does anyone know or remember what status code is the cutoff for changing an order? Is it 3000? If so, do I have to change it before it reaches 3000 or can I change it as long as it hasn't gone past 3000?

Sorry for asking this question as I'm sure it's been asked hundreds of times before, but I've done several searches and can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance for any help.
You have til 3100 to change it. The dealer will make the request to return the order, which happens next Monday. If in the mean time the order goes from 3000 to 3100, it will not be returned. Time is of the essence here, so make your request quickly. Good Luck and let us know how you do.
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Seawolf

Drives: Formerly '11 2SSRS CGM/Grey Leather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
You have til 3100 to change it. The dealer will make the request to return the order, which happens next Monday. If in the mean time the order goes from 3000 to 3100, it will not be returned. Time is of the essence here, so make your request quickly. Good Luck and let us know how you do.
Thank you very much for the information, Becky. I will call them back first thing in the morning. My current one hit 3000 in just over two weeks from the order date, but that was back in May of 2009. I really hope I haven't missed the boat on this one as I have accidentally let myself get excited about the prospect of a lighter interior.