Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I have a PS3 Fat 60GB and I can say it's glitchy. Online connections have failed, matchmaking can take forever, and it has hung up a few times. Once it stabilizes it's usually playable but sometimes it lags so much it's frustrating. I never have any of these issues in MW2. It seems very unpolished. It's still fun, but sometimes things just get so annoying. I hope they patch it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Another one with no problems...

I get POWNED all the time, LOL. Interesting...
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #17
v6sonoma

I was just playing online and the POS locked up again. Annoying.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #18
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I have a PS3 Fat 60GB and I can say it's glitchy. Online connections have failed, matchmaking can take forever, and it has hung up a few times. Once it stabilizes it's usually playable but sometimes it lags so much it's frustrating. I never have any of these issues in MW2. It seems very unpolished. It's still fun, but sometimes things just get so annoying. I hope they patch it.
That's how they get you to buy the new PS3 and make more money from you.

How's that for your ps3 fanboyism.

On a real note, it sucks that they're having issues. I personally never really got into the CoD franchise, so I can't really comment on it, but it's never good when a fanbase opts to petition for a refund.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
If some do and some don't its gotta be an internet problem or maybe one of their many factories cut corners on some units and the quality of parts inside are not the same.

Thats why console are so popular, being they are all suppose to be the same inside. [ Its a IROC game rig ]

Where on a home built PC, you got allot more variables to work with on why a game works fine on one but not the other.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
love my xbox and my PS3 but I always buy the COD games for xbox cant deal with the "girl hands control" they give you with the PS3

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2016 Fiesta
The person from my work that I referred to earlier plays on an older “fat” PS3. I’m not sure what HD model he has. Also, only Black Ops causes these issues.

Do the “slim” and “fat” PS3s have different internal parts? If so, then there would be code in the firmware that would only correspond to that particular PS3 type or device item.

In 2009 Sony put out an update that caused problems with some PS3s, but not all. So I guess this would not be something entirely new. But this time it appears that the game developer is at fault for not thoroughly testing the code at their end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta...ystem_software

I think the petition should only cover real issues and not this, “they have more features than us” crap. That takes away from their case and most likely has people on the petition list that just want something for nothing. While the few that have real issues get over-looked.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #22
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
That's what you get for playing games on the PS3. Mine is only used for Movies and sometimes PS3 exclusives.
My 360 is strictly for gaming.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
love my xbox and my PS3 but I always buy the COD games for xbox cant deal with the "girl hands control" they give you with the PS3
Does that mean I have girl hands if I prefer PS3 controllers, LOL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
The person from my work that I referred to earlier plays on an older “fat” PS3. I’m not sure what HD model he has. Also, only Black Ops causes these issues.

Do the “slim” and “fat” PS3s have different internal parts? If so, then there would be code in the firmware that would only correspond to that particular PS3 type or device item.

In 2009 Sony put out an update that caused problems with some PS3s, but not all. So I guess this would not be something entirely new. But this time it appears that the game developer is at fault for not thoroughly testing the code at their end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta...ystem_software

I think the petition should only cover real issues and not this, “they have more features than us” crap. That takes away from their case and most likely has people on the petition list that just want something for nothing. While the few that have real issues get over-looked.
The newer slim PS3s can bitstream audio (except in 3D mode) if I'm not mistaken. The older FATs (like mine) can't do this because of hardware issues. There are subtle and significant differences, even among FAT and SLIM models. My brother has a later FAT, and it doesn't have as many USB ports, nor does it have slots for the card readers. I'm less familiar with the SLIM models, but they might all bitstream

on your last comments
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff
Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #24
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
That's what you get for playing games on the PS3. Mine is only used for Movies and sometimes PS3 exclusives.
My 360 is strictly for gaming.
BOO on you and Mindz!!! I bought my 360 just for Forza 3, LOL! I do have a few other games, and really only get the exclusives for Xbox, though - opposite of you, lol.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #25
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Agree, why I never liked the PS since back in the day, Sega had much better controllers, which the Xbox's are similar along those lines.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #26
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Does that mean I have girl hands if I prefer PS3 controllers, LOL?

The newer slim PS3s can bitstream audio (except in 3D mode) if I'm not mistaken. The older FATs (like mine) can't do this because of hardware issues. There are subtle and significant differences, even among FAT and SLIM models. My brother has a later FAT, and it doesn't have as many USB ports, nor does it have slots for the card readers. I'm less familiar with the SLIM models, but they might all bitstream

on your last comments
No it means you like small knockers instead of a handful lol

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2008 Sky Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
BOO on you and Mindz!!! I bought my 360 just for Forza 3, LOL! I do have a few other games, and really only get the exclusives for Xbox, though - opposite of you, lol.
My 360 collects dust in between each Gears of War release.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #28
v6sonoma

Just to clarify my earlier statement. Black Ops is glitchy. Not my PS3. I love my PS3. It's the original design so it can play PS2 and PS games has 4 usb slots and all the memory card slots. I also have a Halo Xbox thats been faithful and never died. I do wish they gave it a bigger HD though. I got Black Ops for Xmas from my brother. I was going to skip the game entirely but he got it for me so I played it. If he didn't have a PS3 I would have traded it for an Xbox copy after all the problems the PS3 version seems to deal with that the Xbox version doesn't. :(

9/26/09 Took delivery!