Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

USA - Rockies / Midwest CO, IA, KS, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, WY

Old 07-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #276
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessk View Post
Another Wichita person checking in! I don't yet have one on order but I will soon. Without running all over the forums trying to find out, how many months could I expect for delivery if I ordered sometime this fall? I've seen some people getting them quickly and others many months.

I've only seen one Camaro so far off of Kellog when I was on the onramp, it was the IOM color and looked awesome.

If anyone is feeling friendly and wants to give me a ride I'd be most appreciative!

I'll give you a ride in my '69 Camaro for payment, hehe.

Anyway, glad to see some locals online!!
Depends where you place the order.. Could be on a waiting list until the dealer has allcations available.

Once its submitted and accepted by GM.. you're looking on average 2 - 3 months until it is on the dealers lot. With them filling orders and producing the cars faster now then before.. it could be less time.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #277
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Greetings to all, the have's and those that hope to have soon!

I've owned mine since Wednesday evening and have nearly 500 miles on it already! I am making up excuses to go for a drive. We have more milk than we'll drink in a month...

I look forward to when we can get together.

Mac
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #278
two-camaros

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 LT2 RS V6
Send a message via Yahoo to two-camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonty72 View Post
My dad just retired from the Fairfax plant last June. I'd love to see the IOM in person. I'm pretty sure we'll switch before the order is submitted. The Sales Manager advised that I can change anything on the order up to a certain date, after that, the order is set in stone. I'm going to assume that right now I paid a deposit to reserve my spot on the list. When my time comes to place my order, I will tell them exactly what I want in my car and the order will be placed that way. No changes after that time though. At least that's the way I understand it.

If that's the way Superior is telling you the way the ordering system goes nowadays, then so be it. That's news to me. We've ordered every car we've bought in the last 25 or so years from GM, (about 10 or so), and like I said, it didn't work that way before.
You're deposit doesn't guarantee you anything but a sweet spot in Superiors' bank account. They have no say whatsoever in when an order is accepted and sequenced by the company.
No offense, just past knowledge & experiences.
ordered 7-8-09/delivered 10-24-09
two-camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #279
bub

Drives: '13 2LT RS & '08 Corvette Z06
Couldn't wait...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33170

This 1LT RS M6 w/ Boston was an R6P car that was originally delivered to Bozarth that McCarthy got a hold of.

Invoice indicates KF as DAN...wonder if that was the original R6P buyers initials?

Anyone familiar with any history on this particular R6P, and if they might be lurking here? Order was NDVK94
and shows as R6P.

And thanks again to Marvin and the guys at Superior, ... thanks again for all your great communication and work and "superior" understanding in this situation.

Bottom line guys, there's a 6/9 order date slot opened up at Superior...not sure how they do it, if everybody behind moves up, or someone gets my place, or they rev. the order for stock.

Here's a pic of my new baby and stable mate for my Z06...

Black w/ Black Interior
Options:
RPO WRS RS Package
RPO UQA Boston Acoustic Premium Sound

Order # NDVK94
Built 6/10/09
Delivered 7/18/09
(Previous R6P from Bozarth in Topeka)
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #280
bub

Somebody refresh my memory...isn't there a Camaro show coming up in the KC area, or did I already miss it?
Black w/ Black Interior
Options:
RPO WRS RS Package

Order # NDVK94
Built 6/10/09
Delivered 7/18/09
Old 07-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #281
two-camaros

I believe I saw the Camaro Club was having a show in Riverside Aug 15 and there is a show next to Shawnee Mission Park the next week. Both would be an excellent place to see some of these new cars maybe?? I say bring em out and show em off.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #282
soverydeb

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
WOO HOO JECT!!!!!!!
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #283
derekwp

Drives: Neon
Greetings,

First post here.

Been lurking through the forums here for about a month, getting a feel for my options in KC.

Well, I went to Superior on 7/16/2009 and spied two SS, blue and red. So my heart is locked but for me a 2LT is a bit more reasonable.

Anyway, I'm guessing Superior is the location to order from? It seems some on here have gotten their order in two months, others longer. Any experience from ordering from Superior in Shawnee? They requested $1k to reserve and said it might be Nov-Dec if I ordered now.

Any help in the OP area would be great. Thanks!
derekwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #284
JayhawkSS
Autobot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekwp View Post
Greetings,

First post here.

Been lurking through the forums here for about a month, getting a feel for my options in KC.

Well, I went to Superior on 7/16/2009 and spied two SS, blue and red. So my heart is locked but for me a 2LT is a bit more reasonable.

Anyway, I'm guessing Superior is the location to order from? It seems some on here have gotten their order in two months, others longer. Any experience from ordering from Superior in Shawnee? They requested $1k to reserve and said it might be Nov-Dec if I ordered now.

Any help in the OP area would be great. Thanks!

I was the eighth order they received and I thought the customer service was great. They didn’t try to sell you add on features or warranties that you don’t need. I called them every week till my delivery to get status updates and they were always happy to help. The pick up and paper work was fast and relatively painless. This is the first car I have bought through them and so far the service department is great. I would recommend Superior to anyone.

Last edited by JayhawkSS; 07-20-2009 at 04:47 PM.
JayhawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #285
Honey Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I ordered from Morse on Metcalf. They didn't require a down payment at all. The only thing I would say is a drawback is you have to call them for info, they won't call you. I would go crazy without this site to fall back on. PM me if you have any questions.

btw, if you are looking to buy now, Don Kahan in Lee's Summit has 5 on their lot, but I don't think they have any SS models.

Order Placed 2/24/09
3300 Order scheduled for production - 6/16/09
3400 Order broadcast - 6/25/09 - TPW 6/29
3800 Order produced 7/14ish 2G1FC1EV0A9125270
4200 Shipped 7/17
5000 Delivered to the dealer 7/28
6000 Delivered to the customer 7/28

"The waiting is the hardest part" - Tom Petty
Honey Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #286
derekwp

Drives: Neon
Thanks to both for replies.

Good to hear both dealerships around here are in favored status with camaro5 members.

Honey, I see five listed on their site as well. I'm in for a v6 so those models would work great for me, thanks for pointing those out!

Enjoy your rides.
derekwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #287
bmonty72
riding shotgun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Pkg IOM/IOM
Send a message via ICQ to bmonty72
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-camaros View Post
If that's the way Superior is telling you the way the ordering system goes nowadays, then so be it. That's news to me. We've ordered every car we've bought in the last 25 or so years from GM, (about 10 or so), and like I said, it didn't work that way before.
You're deposit doesn't guarantee you anything but a sweet spot in Superiors' bank account. They have no say whatsoever in when an order is accepted and sequenced by the company.
This is the first time I have ordered any vehicle. I am not sure how the system is supposed to work. That is just the impression I took away from the dealership. How is the ordering process supposed to work. Here is how I thought it went. Dealer get X# (let's say 7)of Camaros they can order each month. I was the 23 person to order a car from them. May 1-7 get ordered, June 8-14 get orered, July 15-21 get ordered, August 22-28 get ordered. I get to place my order in August? Is this not how the system works??
(2010 Camaro 2SS)

Previously owned:
1994 Pontiac Grand Am
1998 Chevy K1500 Z71
2000 GMC Sonoma
1992 Pontiac Sunbird
bmonty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #288
two-camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-camaros View Post
I was corrected today by my dealer on the ordering process. Seems now when you order, IF your order HAS NOT been sent to the plant for scheduling, your order doesn't go back to day one if you make any changes.

My bad! And sorry if I mislead anyone........
Old 07-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #289
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaron327 View Post
Who did you order from? Just curious as I was kind of run around at Jim Clark in Junction.
I always do my work with Ron-Jon. Tell him I sent ya - no perps for me, but you will get treated differently.

The allocations for Jim Clark are slow rolling. It's just like any other dealership these days, they want to sell a car, and well, the Camaro isn't there to sell... soooo, they gotta wait to make their money.

You'll get MSRP -$750 if you have USAA. It's $500 down to order - hurry up and get in the cue before someone else comes bask to the states with their down payment and gets in line in front of you.

Honestly, had I know about the allocations problem the dealerships were having I would have shopped around.

Pick a small dealership in the middle of nowhere; where nobody is ordering one and they will pick up an allocation fast. Like maybe, Abilene or Marion Kansas you might have better luck.

Camaro5 Fest 2010 Panogram Photo of the Host Hotel
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #290
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessk View Post
Another Wichita person checking in! I don't yet have one on order but I will soon. Without running all over the forums trying to find out, how many months could I expect for delivery if I ordered sometime this fall? I've seen some people getting them quickly and others many months.

I've only seen one Camaro so far off of Kellog when I was on the onramp, it was the IOM color and looked awesome.

If anyone is feeling friendly and wants to give me a ride I'd be most appreciative!

I'll give you a ride in my '69 Camaro for payment, hehe.

Anyway, glad to see some locals online!!
Well if mine ever comes in - I'll swap rides with you for a run down 135. That gives me another 240 miles R/T to put on my break-in period.

Lookin forward to it...

Camaro5 Fest 2010 Panogram Photo of the Host Hotel
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #291
bub

Just thought I'd drop this note to the OP requesting KC area dealer feedback...Superior gladly refunded my $1k security deposit while McCarthy is trying to tell me they want a check for my GM Card rebate because they claimed that they couldn't get it to go thru (after the fact after the deal was inked, although my GM Rebate allowance internet site shows the $ wiped to $0.....go figure).

I told McCarthy to pound sand on that one. This kind of crap gets around....and all for just $451.34.

The negative press alone is worth more than that I would think to them.
Black w/ Black Interior
Options:
RPO WRS RS Package

Order # NDVK94
Built 6/10/09
Delivered 7/18/09
Old 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #292
acehole

Drives: mits lancer oz
hey ya weenies ! Just thought i would say ello..when are we gonna get togather and how many of you are gonna make it to the aug 15 show down by riverside ? Also im thinking im gonna go with the hennessey CAI...still not decided on exhaust..but i do see a SC in my future
acehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #293
motorbuff69

Drives: 2010 camaro on order
Has any one in ks taken there camaro to the track yet? I did and my l99 auto averaged 14.30s after I let the car set for 3 hours I did get a 13.93 out of it.
motorbuff69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #294
mjirak88
Savin up slowly!!

Drives: 1998 Ford Mustang GT
im from winfield and go to school in lindsborg. dont have a camaro ordered yet but im saving up for one. unfortunately its gonna take a while since im a full time student but oh well.
mjirak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #295
acehole

havent been to track yet but i only have the v6 and im not doing any preformance upgrades till this winter but i like that 13 you got..very nice....when are we all gonna do our own little meet guys ? ject, jayhawk,deb, derbygirl, and anyone else who has there car are here ????
Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #296
Ject
aka Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole View Post
havent been to track yet but i only have the v6 and im not doing any preformance upgrades till this winter but i like that 13 you got..very nice....when are we all gonna do our own little meet guys ? ject, jayhawk,deb, derbygirl, and anyone else who has there car are here ????
Haven't gotten mine yet, projected delivery is before August 7th.. so soon I shall.

Deb and derbygirl seem to have ran off since they got their cars lol... I even offered to professionally detail them for free.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #297
JayhawkSS
Autobot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think the August 15th show would be a perfect time for us all to get together.
Don't think I will get any performance up grades till after this winter. First thing is a Cosa exhaust and tinted windows!
JayhawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #298
Ject
aka Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkSS View Post
I think the August 15th show would be a perfect time for us all to get together.
Don't think I will get any performance up grades till after this winter. First thing is a Cosa exhaust and tinted windows!
I'll be doing window tint and clear bra in the first 2 days of taking delivery.. if all goes well with delivery. Then end August, headers and i'll call it good till next summer.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #299
Honey Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Mine came in on the rail today. Arrived in Fairfax around 6:00pm. I hope they get it loaded on a truck asap so I can have it by the weekend.

Order Placed 2/24/09
3300 Order scheduled for production - 6/16/09
3400 Order broadcast - 6/25/09 - TPW 6/29
3800 Order produced 7/14ish 2G1FC1EV0A9125270
4200 Shipped 7/17
5000 Delivered to the dealer 7/28
6000 Delivered to the customer 7/28

"The waiting is the hardest part" - Tom Petty
Honey Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #300
acehole

when mine was at railyard i got it the next day say keep the faith..so far as us all getting togather we should just make up a day ourselves..midwest tinting quoted me a price of $179.00 for tinting..No offense to dealership but you will get a better job and price if done at other place than dealership..and also from what i have been reading waiting for CAI is i wise thing to do...whats coming out right now isnt worth what they want...But if i can just hold my wad there is gonna be a supercharger in my fututre..ran into a srt8 with a SC today and he was pumping out 600 hp on his car...ok guys catch ya later

Tags
kansas, kansas city, wichita