Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #4976
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
If I see one, I'll get several copies and send the extras to you...

I know it's the Nov 6 issue, when is that supposed to hit the news stands?
Hopefully November 6th for the January 2013 Issue.
And thank you very much sir, i hope i can find it somewhere real close in town?
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #4977
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,210
It's what i was told by Justin Cesler & Scott Parker.
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #4978
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Hopefully November 6th for the January 2013 Issue.
And thank you very much sir, i hope i can find it somewhere real close in town?
Well that explains why it isn't out at the Walgrens yet...

I just made a trip up there to the new one to see if it was out... I'll keep looking though...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #4979
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Well that explains why it isn't out at the Walgrens yet...

I just made a trip up there to the new one to see if it was out... I'll keep looking though...
I appreciate it very much!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #4980
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS/1LE...in 2014
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 4,900
Congrats on 200 pages Good luck on the Texas mile Robert, I hope you achieve your goal that you have set out for yourself. Godspeed and hope all goes well. 19 more posts for 5000....as Pete says - WoW!
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Next Camaro:
CRT 1SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #4981
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Congrats on 200 pages Good luck on the Texas mile Robert, I hope you achieve your goal that you have set out for yourself. Godspeed and hope all goes well. 19 more posts for 5000....as Pete says - WoW!
LOL, thanks Brother, It's the great people of Camaro5 that have kept this going and fun... I couldn't ask for a better group of friends...

If I survive this week it'll be easy after that... I hope... I'm headed to the shop for a little while in the morning since I don't have to be in Houston until later tomorrow evening... I'll have a few pictures to post....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #4982
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,204


Gonna get any 1/4 mile runs in before the BIG ONE?
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #4983
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post


Gonna get any 1/4 mile runs in before the BIG ONE?
Nope, Running smooth out of time... oh well.... It'll be a learning curve as we work up through the licensing passes...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #4984
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,210
I found me a digital copy today, getting it all gussied up for a wall plaque!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #4985
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,210
Quote:
I'll have a few pictures to post....
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #4986
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Please do....

I've got a couple to post from earlier today....

I'm in Houston for this meeting.... Car is getting really close though...I may have to buy a set of wheels and tires for the run though..

My OEM tires are suitable as far as tech goes, but they are no kings of traction.... I thought I would be able to use a friends race tires but they are on 18 inch wheels and only 26 inches tall... two inches shorter than the factory tires... Too much gearing lost there... Which may mean having to shift into 6th and I am not doing that...unless it's absolutely necessary.... and then I wont be able to stand on them due to 6th gear not being the 9310 material like the others... That much power and at that high a speed, I might shear all the teeth off it...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #4987
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,210
Man this is gonna be sweet, hope you break 205 and set a new record man, Is Justin taking video? I Also posted the article over on my build thread, Justin Cesler named it "Ashes To Ashes"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Please do....

I've got a couple to post from earlier today....

I'm in Houston for this meeting.... Car is getting really close though...I may have to buy a set of wheels and tires for the run though..

My OEM tires are suitable as far as tech goes, but they are no kings of traction.... I thought I would be able to use a friends race tires but they are on 18 inch wheels and only 26 inches tall... two inches shorter than the factory tires... Too much gearing lost there... Which may mean having to shift into 6th and I am not doing that...unless it's absolutely necessary.... and then I wont be able to stand on them due to 6th gear not being the 9310 material like the others... That much power and at that high a speed, I might shear all the teeth off it...
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #4988
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Man this is gonna be sweet, hope you break 205 and set a new record man, Is Justin taking video? I Also posted the article over on my build thread, Justin Cesler named it "Ashes To Ashes"
Yup, Justin has said he'll be there taking video... He has the go pros all charged up and ready...

It's going to be fun...

Here's a few pics from today... These are from the front aero plate... The flat oil cooler sits right at the front of it. With the low air dam under the front fascia, and this area right behind the oil cooler, it ought to create a bit of a low pressure area that will help pull air down through the air cooler...
Attached Images
   
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #4989
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
And here are a couple of pictures of the new cage extensions.

This is approved by the Texas Mile people rather than the D-bars. The point of origination is the same as is the purpose, but this works with my size and seat position. This will allow me to utilize the same seating position I have to date and still maintain the safety necessary...The bars will be painted, but for now they are raw steel.

Justin is quite the talented fabricator... The attention to detail he displays is second to none.
Attached Images
   
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #4990
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,204
Yup, it's a 2 seater now

You're going to be holding a lot of heat at the end of the mile
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #4991
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Yup, it's a 2 seater now

You're going to be holding a lot of heat at the end of the mile
Yes due to the huge furnace under the hood, but we also have the vented hood to put on the car... That'll help.... And the front shield comes off after the runs... It's not for street driving...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #4992
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,210
That's a nice add on to the original cage, Is this required for the Texas mile? I should come to Texas more often my bride is from Abilene but she doesn't ever want to go home and visit and i don't ask! You guys get all the races, and just about everything else to do with cars all year around!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #4993
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,107
Good Luck Bro..................

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #4994
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,748
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
been off here for a while Robert...

any more tire info?
I have a 4 wheels and tires you can borrow ;-)

rear - 18in forgestars with Mickey thompson DRs.... got them from a dude down south
front - 18in forgestars with 265/50ZR-18 - NITTO NT 555 EXTREME PERF

check the gearing for those....
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #4995
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,722
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #4996
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Awesome R!

We are all pulling for you.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #4997
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
That's a nice add on to the original cage, Is this required for the Texas mile? I should come to Texas more often my bride is from Abilene but she doesn't ever want to go home and visit and i don't ask! You guys get all the races, and just about everything else to do with cars all year around!
If you ever decide or talk the bride into coming to Texas, you have a place to stay...

As for the cage, it is required to have the D-bars, but due to my size 6'1" and seat position with the helmet, they would not work. We contacted the Texas Mile Tech guys and got it in writing that this is an acceptable alternative. The D-bars keep the cage main hoop upright in the event of a side impact, and these accomplish the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Good Luck Bro..................

Thank You Brother... It's coming together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
been off here for a while Robert...

any more tire info?
I have a 4 wheels and tires you can borrow ;-)

rear - 18in forgestars with Mickey thompson DRs.... got them from a dude down south
front - 18in forgestars with 265/50ZR-18 - NITTO NT 555 EXTREME PERF

check the gearing for those....
I'm ok with tires and wheels, not ideal but ok.... I'll be running the factory tires and wheels which are Y rated and the biggest issue will be traction early on... 150 plus, it'll be fine... We are going to turn off the nitrous in first gear, and it doesn't hit until full throttle anyway, so I'll feather it through 2nd and 3rd... 4th and 5th is hammer time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Do I know you....



Hey Brother, Hows things going over there on the right coast... Hope the job situation is settling down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Awesome R!

We are all pulling for you.
Thanks B.

I might need your demon to get me off the line..

It'll be fun...and lots of video forthcoming....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #4998
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,748
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm ok with tires and wheels, not ideal but ok.... I'll be running the factory tires and wheels which are Y rated and the biggest issue will be traction early on... 150 plus, it'll be fine... We are going to turn off the nitrous in first gear, and it doesn't hit until full throttle anyway, so I'll feather it through 2nd and 3rd... 4th and 5th is hammer time....
you will have to talk to either Perelli or GM about some retro-active sponsorship or advertisment....

stock camaro wheel/tire combo go 220!!
Buy a chevrolet today!
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #4999
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
you will have to talk to either Perelli or GM about some retro-active sponsorship or advertisment....

stock camaro wheel/tire combo go 220!!
Buy a chevrolet today!
LMAO, true, true... Chevrolet may not endorse the act though.... and I heard that guy down south you got those wheels from is a butthead...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #5000
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,748
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
LMAO, true, true... Chevrolet may not endorse the act though.... and I heard that guy down south you got those wheels from is a butthead...
he really knows how to treat a guy... i will give him that.
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.