Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #4438
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,849
Speaking of window tint..... is your auto insurance paid up?


__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #4439
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Well, worst case scenario, we'll be changing brakes in the parking lot at Indy... We have the technology and ability...
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #4440
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,134
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Speaking of window tint..... is your auto insurance paid up?


I'm failing to make the connection, but I'm sure you'll draw me a picture with a crayon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Have Norm and John bring their really big hammer...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #4441
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,200


__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #4442
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,134
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post


Hows things up in the Far North West...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #4443
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm failing to make the connection, but I'm sure you'll draw me a picture with a crayon...

Have Norm and John bring their really big hammer...
It went like this....

wait....

It went like this.....

It seemed you were trying to justify tinting ALL the glass...

The only person you need to justify yourself to is your wife...

The only thing she's concerned about is if you have enough insurance coverage on the hot rod (she's a keeper)...

THEREFORE.....

..... speaking of tinting your glass, is your insurance paid up?


It made sense to me
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #4444
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
It went like this....

wait....

It went like this.....

It seemed you were trying to justify tinting ALL the glass...

The only person you need to justify yourself to is your wife...

The only thing she's concerned about is if you have enough insurance coverage on the hot rod (she's a keeper)...

THEREFORE.....

..... speaking of tinting your glass, is your insurance paid up?


It made sense to me


Makes sense to me too. Now I'm really scared.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #4445
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,134
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I had some pics to post, but I left the camera at the shop.

We received the plates and cups for the rear suspension. I got the nitrous tanks filled and the car is off the rack and in the dyno room...

In the morning, we will do a base line pull to make sure everything is as it has been, and then it's time to check out the nitrous set-up. We did add some C-16 to the cell this evening and applied power to the pump. Everything powered up as it should....

Tomorrow, I am stopping to get a battery for the winch going on the trailer, and a box to put the battery in. I'll get the winch mounted in and amongst the dyno pulls and helping Corey as directed... Maybe by tomorrow afternoon, we'll get to take her out on the street and see how she rides... bearing in mind of course, the suspension is set up for the race track.

I honestly can't wait to report back to Pete how it feels and responds..
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #4446
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,134
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
It went like this....

wait....

It went like this.....

It seemed you were trying to justify tinting ALL the glass...

The only person you need to justify yourself to is your wife...

The only thing she's concerned about is if you have enough insurance coverage on the hot rod (she's a keeper)...

THEREFORE.....

..... speaking of tinting your glass, is your insurance paid up?


It made sense to me
Justifying it to the wife is no problem... she smiles and gives me that look.. She is genuinely happy that I am doing something that keeps me out of trouble and is legal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Makes sense to me too. Now I'm really scared.
Me too.... he's like the grandma on the pure country movie... never give you a straight answer.... just sage advice you have to decipher...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #4447
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Makes sense to me too. Now I'm really scared.
Don't be scared, you are now
one of us
one of us
one of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I had some pics to post, but I left the camera at the shop.

We received the plates and cups for the rear suspension. I got the nitrous tanks filled and the car is off the rack and in the dyno room...

In the morning, we will do a base line pull to make sure everything is as it has been, and then it's time to check out the nitrous set-up. We did add some C-16 to the cell this evening and applied power to the pump. Everything powered up as it should....

Tomorrow, I am stopping to get a battery for the winch going on the trailer, and a box to put the battery in. I'll get the winch mounted in and amongst the dyno pulls and helping Corey as directed... Maybe by tomorrow afternoon, we'll get to take her out on the street and see how she rides... bearing in mind of course, the suspension is set up for the race track.

I honestly can't wait to report back to Pete how it feels and responds..

It's been a LONG road... I remember you talking about Brandi and twins, thought you were going to be a grandpa... how long has this been in the planning stages? Since before you had the car?

Me too.... he's like the grandma on the pure country movie... never give you a straight answer.... just sage advice you have to decipher...
If I have to type it twice, it's because you didn't read it the first time
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #4448
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,134
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Don't be scared, you are now
one of us
one of us
one of us



If I have to type it twice, it's because you didn't read it the first time
Hey brother, it has been a long road... And I really appreciate all those that have shared the road with me... We aren't finished, I don't think any of us ever really are... But we are close...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #4449
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Robert,

I did some research. The slippage, the track marks we saw in your in your sub-frame connections were most likely caused by the Sub-Frame OEM Bolts stretching under load. Some of my most respected Dealers saw this with the CTS-V under similar circumstances. Please order up four new OEM sub-frame bolts.

We can now return to Mr. Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
It went like this.....

It seemed you were trying to justify tinting ALL the glass...

The only person you need to justify yourself to is your wife...

The only thing she's concerned about is if you have enough insurance coverage on the hot rod (she's a keeper)...

THEREFORE.....

..... speaking of tinting your glass, is your insurance paid up?

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #4450
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,134
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Robert,

I did some research. The slippage, the track marks we saw in your in your sub-frame connections were most likely caused by the Sub-Frame OEM Bolts stretching under load. Some of my most respected Dealers saw this with the CTS-V under similar circumstances. Please order up four new OEM sub-frame bolts.

We can now return to Mr. Twisty
Would a grade 12.9 bolt of the same dimensions be acceptable, or should I just get a new set of factory bolts as you mention.... I have no idea what the rating is on those...

Thanks for the information... and it certainly makes sense..
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #4451
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Would a grade 12.9 bolt of the same dimensions be acceptable, or should I just get a new set of factory bolts as you mention.... I have no idea what the rating is on those...

Thanks for the information... and it certainly makes sense..
They would probably be fine, but why take any chances with such a great build?

Initially the sub-frame bolts had a blue thread locking substance on them from the factory. They don't any longer I suggest you use LocTite on the existing bolts for the short term and on the new bolts when you get them.

I like to make sure things don't come loose in the suspension so I LocTite EVERYTHING. I find it more economical to buy my LocTite in 55 gallon drums. Then you can just dip the sub-assemblies I was doing a training session at a Dealer's shop. The poor guy I was working with had to take at least half of his work apart because he kept forgetting to use LocTite. What was really funny is he got drilled on it so many times he started to LocTite the lug nuts
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #4452
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
They would probably be fine, but why take any chances with such a great build?

Initially the sub-frame bolts had a blue thread locking substance on them from the factory. They don't any longer I suggest you use LocTite on the existing bolts for the short term and on the new bolts when you get them.

I like to make sure things don't come loose in the suspension so I LocTite EVERYTHING. I find it more economical to buy my LocTite in 55 gallon drums. Then you can just dip the sub-assemblies I was doing a training session at a Dealer's shop. The poor guy I was working with had to take at least half of his work apart because he kept forgetting to use LocTite. What was really funny is he got drilled on it so many times he started to
LocTite the lug nuts

I bet the LocTite Pete uses is RED
__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #4453
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
I bet the LocTite Pete uses is RED
Do they make any other kind
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #4454
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Do they make any other kind
Yes, my favorite....BLUE
__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.