Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #3725
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Will do... trying to stay out of sight and mind of the Pemex company men... apparently they have been asking for tons of stupid documentation... lovely, just what I need... how much does the slip joint weigh by the foot???" WTF... It weights 34,000 lbs, do you want that at it's closed up 55 foot length, or do you want it at mid stroke, or do you want it at it's fully scoped out length of 92 feet... WTF...

At 55' it would be 618.18 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...
At 73.5' it would be 462.58 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...
At 92', it would be 369.56 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...

It friggín hangs vertically, WTF difference does it make...
You can't fix stupid Rob, I learned that doing traffic control with my old department.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #3726
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
At 55' it would be 618.18 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...
At 73.5' it would be 462.58 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...
At 92', it would be 369.56 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...

It friggín hangs vertically, WTF difference does it make...
LOL... give me the model # and I'll look it up for ya...

27 days and counting...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #3727
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Will do... trying to stay out of sight and mind of the Pemex company men... apparently they have been asking for tons of stupid documentation... lovely, just what I need... how much does the slip joint weigh by the foot???" WTF... It weights 34,000 lbs, do you want that at it's closed up 55 foot length, or do you want it at mid stroke, or do you want it at it's fully scoped out length of 92 feet... WTF...

At 55' it would be 618.18 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...
At 73.5' it would be 462.58 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...
At 92', it would be 369.56 lb's/ft or 34,000 lbs...

It friggín hangs vertically, WTF difference does it make...
Don't know what kind of equipment that is, but I can read 34,000 lbs

Out of sight and mind sounds really good right now!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #3728
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,332
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
You can't fix stupid Rob, I learned that doing traffic control with my old department.
Yup... in any language, stupid is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LOL... give me the model # and I'll look it up for ya...

27 days and counting...
Vetcogray MR6C 21" 55'Stroke 21 OD x .625 wall inner barrel 24 OD x .625 outer barrel.... but I'll save you the trouble, we don't even have that in our data books... I didn't look, but I know it isn't there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Don't know what kind of equipment that is, but I can read 34,000 lbs

Out of sight and mind sounds really good right now!
I'll find a picture and post it a little later on...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #3729
carbon8
 
carbon8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS,2008 Hayabusa
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yukon,Oklahoma
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Yup... in any language, stupid is stupid

Vetcogray MR6C 21" 55'Stroke 21 OD x .625 wall inner barrel 24 OD x .625 outer barrel.... but I'll save you the trouble, we don't even have that in our data books... I didn't look, but I know it isn't there...


I'll find a picture and post it a little later on...
24in section= 156.1742 lbs/ft
21in section=136.13046lbs/ft

Formula to find wt. of steel pipe
Wt/ft= (10.69x(OD-wall thickness))x wall thicknes

10.69x(21-.625)x .625 =136.13046
10.69x(24-.625)x .625=156.1742

this is just staight pipe though
carbon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #3730
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,332
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon8 View Post
24in section= 156.1742 lbs/ft
21in section=136.13046lbs/ft

Formula to find wt. of steel pipe
Wt/ft= (10.69x(OD-wall thickness))x wall thicknes

10.69x(21-.625)x .625 =136.13046
10.69x(24-.625)x .625=156.1742

this is just staight pipe though
Damn tool pushers and their calculators... LMAO...

I knew you would know that... Stop giving away the secrets... lol... P***x may see this and then want me to actually work it out and present it to them on a spread sheet....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #3731
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Yup... in any language, stupid is stupid
Stupid in Spanish is "el stupido"
in German it's "sheishkopf"
in french it's "parlaiz vouz dumass"
in italian it's a hand gesture.

So, as you can see in the above examples, stupid is indeed NOT stupid in any language.......... BTW, due to the above correction in your beliefs, you may have realized we do consulting for your firm. The spreadsheet is a great idea, we'll get back with you on that after our wednesday "efficiency in constructive thinking" meeting.

__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #3732
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,332
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Stupid in Spanish is "el stupido"
in German it's "sheishkopf"
in french it's "parlaiz vouz dumass"
in italian it's a hand gesture.

So, as you can see in the above examples, stupid is indeed NOT stupid in any language.......... BTW, due to the above correction in your beliefs, you may have realized we do consulting for your firm. The spreadsheet is a great idea, we'll get back with you on that after our wednesday "efficiency in constructive thinking" meeting.

Tu sabe arsehole... LMAO...

Meetings, a practical alternative to work...

Now go do some...!!!
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #3733
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Tu sabe arsehole... LMAO...

Meetings, a practical alternative to work...

Now go do some...!!!
Well, I am running late for my "procrastinators in the workforce meeting".... later
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #3734
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,332
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Well, I am running late for my "procrastinators in the workforce meeting".... later
If you're late, why go...???
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #3735
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!
 
HufferSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Well, I am running late for my "procrastinators in the workforce meeting".... later
You could go later....

__________________
Built by Vengeance Racing
9.31@154.81 mph
Procharger F1-X
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #3736
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Well, I am running late for my "procrastinators in the workforce meeting".... later
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
If you're late, why go...???
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
You could go later....

Just reschedule. Or, think about rescheduling.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #3737
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Stay safe...no swimming!
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #3738
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,332
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Stay safe...no swimming!
Will do brother...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.