Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #4846
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I figured you would catch that

You ever stop at the truck stop @ exit 4? I don't know if that 'Kids with gas eat free' sign is still up.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #4847
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I figured you would catch that

You ever stop at the truck stop @ exit 4? I don't know if that 'Kids with gas eat free' sign is still up.
That's the TA.

I live a mile off of Exit 13. I never really get toward Mississippi.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #4848
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
All i have to say is what i have known for a very long time, your ride is seriously going to kick some ass, glad i am not lining up next to you at the track! My smart ass comment was because i was being a lazy tard and not reading anything since i was outta town posting on phone, lol
Carry on this thread makes me way to Jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
My bad and I totally apologize...


Let's see... Car is in the shop getting final prep for the mile... Corey updated me that before he left the shop today, he intended to have the rear cradle and new fuel cell back in the car...

We opted for the Weldon fuel pump.. And we are using -12 fuel line...the factory tank with the Lingenfelter dual pumps will supply the fuel cell, and the
Weldon will supply the fuel rails... We changed out my injectors for a bit bigger ones to prevent a lean condition due to a lack of injector capacity...we changed from 93 lb/hr at 58-60 psi to 127 lb/hr injectors at 58-60 psi..

the frame work and trim for the parachute mount is finished... The anchor tube will stick out through the license plate opening...remove the plate, mount the chute, and go fast....

We are going to hook up the boost controller lines and start cranking the boost...and increase the nitrous shot size... Corey pulled the valve covers and checked the torque on the head bolts. I wanted that done prior to adding a bunch of boost...

That's what I have going on right now.... And again, I apologize... How bout you...???
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #4849
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
What a great thread.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #4850
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,138
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Sometimes my job sux bad...like today... Glad it's over and waiting for tomorrow...it's got to be better....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #4851
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Sometimes my job sux bad...like today... Glad it's over and waiting for tomorrow...it's got to be better....
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #4852
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,138
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
We are in the shipyard, waiting for the end of hurricane season... We are going to work for a company I do not care much for... And they hired a company to do a major audit, simply due to there being very poor evidence of record keeping on this rig in the past....

I just came to this rig... This is my second hitch...imspent two year on my last rig getting every single piece of paper needed in order and properly filed...

While in Brazil on my last rig, I took part in a RASMA audit, an audit that scares even Petrobras, and didn't miss a lick... Everything they asked for was produced and handed over in seconds... They messed with me for ten minutes or so and walked away... I was happy...

This rig is in worse shape with regards to record keeping, and the auditor is following me around like a puppy asking for this and that and generally being a nuisance..he is trying to help I know, but it isn't... I also have over a hundred thousand lbs of iron to change out on the BOPs and every time I try to get started, here it comes again... So in effect, the horse is miles ahead of the cart.... They want me to do some function and pressure testing and I still have to change out an annular, the whole thing... I have to change out the wellhead connector, and a bonnet...

I am getting lots of help on them rig withmthe physical work, but no support from the office... G: drive in Houston has all the records I need but oh no, we can't have access to that...and the storekeeper on the rig is already busy as a cut worm... He has his own job....

So this auditor is asking why we can't fire an engine and pressure up the system and do all this pressure and function testing etc.

I spent much of thenday checking the nitrogen recharge which I will have to re do as we get close to the well time... I am going to have to perform these tests and then open the stack again as we get closer to the well time and then retest it twice more...

I was ready to walk off the rig earlier... One of the hazards of having a truck two minutes away in the parking lot...

I was told a week ago, a supervisor was coming to the rig to help with the office stuff, and that hasn't happened and probably won't... I was promised a stack team to help with the heavy work, that hasn't and probably won't happen...

So.... There are six chiefs on the rig and one Indian... Me...and I'm sick of being drawn in 20 different directions at once...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #4853
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
Man bro that sounds like a nightmare we had up north in Prudhoe when the head blew in the Gulf and BP was trying to pull all staff (laborers) for the platform. It was funny when a company who has already spent hundreds of millions of dollars pulls out and doesn't say a damn word to anybody when my outfit was footing the bill and they tell us a week later after all the shit we did! Then the kicker was they did not authorize us to perform the work we did? Hence no payment would be coming for unauthorized work!

Sure hope it get's better for you bud and at least take a breath tonight and have a cold beer!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #4854
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,138
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Man bro that sounds like a nightmare we had up north in Prudhoe when the head blew in the Gulf and BP was trying to pull all staff (laborers) for the platform. It was funny when a company who has already spent hundreds of millions of dollars pulls out and doesn't say a damn word to anybody when my outfit was footing the bill and they tell us a week later after all the shit we did! Then the kicker was they did not authorize us to perform the work we did? Hence no payment would be coming for unauthorized work!

Sure hope it get's better for you bud and at least take a breath tonight and have a cold beer!
Funny how easily you figured out the company we are going to work for... I'm stuck on the rig o no cold ones, but I am trying to relax and chill... I've worked for this company before... And in my mind they are the second worst company to work for behind Pemex...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #4855
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,138
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Headed to bed... Read a book and drift off.

G'nite all...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #4856
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
We are in the shipyard, waiting for the end of hurricane season... We are going to work for a company I do not care much for... And they hired a company to do a major audit, simply due to there being very poor evidence of record keeping on this rig in the past....

I just came to this rig... This is my second hitch...imspent two year on my last rig getting every single piece of paper needed in order and properly filed...

While in Brazil on my last rig, I took part in a RASMA audit, an audit that scares even Petrobras, and didn't miss a lick... Everything they asked for was produced and handed over in seconds... They messed with me for ten minutes or so and walked away... I was happy...

This rig is in worse shape with regards to record keeping, and the auditor is following me around like a puppy asking for this and that and generally being a nuisance..he is trying to help I know, but it isn't... I also have over a hundred thousand lbs of iron to change out on the BOPs and every time I try to get started, here it comes again... So in effect, the horse is miles ahead of the cart.... They want me to do some function and pressure testing and I still have to change out an annular, the whole thing... I have to change out the wellhead connector, and a bonnet...

I am getting lots of help on them rig withmthe physical work, but no support from the office... G: drive in Houston has all the records I need but oh no, we can't have access to that...and the storekeeper on the rig is already busy as a cut worm... He has his own job....

So this auditor is asking why we can't fire an engine and pressure up the system and do all this pressure and function testing etc.

I spent much of thenday checking the nitrogen recharge which I will have to re do as we get close to the well time... I am going to have to perform these tests and then open the stack again as we get closer to the well time and then retest it twice more...

I was ready to walk off the rig earlier... One of the hazards of having a truck two minutes away in the parking lot...

I was told a week ago, a supervisor was coming to the rig to help with the office stuff, and that hasn't happened and probably won't... I was promised a stack team to help with the heavy work, that hasn't and probably won't happen...

So.... There are six chiefs on the rig and one Indian... Me...and I'm sick of being drawn in 20 different directions at once...
The truck is close. How far is the nearest bar?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #4857
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,210
Damn R, sorry to hear this hitch isn't going well. Don't forget to keep it safe out there with low manpower.

The TX Mile and fun times are just around the corner.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #4858
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
We are in the shipyard, waiting for the end of hurricane season... We are going to work for a company I do not care much for... And they hired a company to do a major audit, simply due to there being very poor evidence of record keeping on this rig in the past....

I just came to this rig... This is my second hitch...imspent two year on my last rig getting every single piece of paper needed in order and properly filed...

While in Brazil on my last rig, I took part in a RASMA audit, an audit that scares even Petrobras, and didn't miss a lick... Everything they asked for was produced and handed over in seconds... They messed with me for ten minutes or so and walked away... I was happy...

This rig is in worse shape with regards to record keeping, and the auditor is following me around like a puppy asking for this and that and generally being a nuisance..he is trying to help I know, but it isn't... I also have over a hundred thousand lbs of iron to change out on the BOPs and every time I try to get started, here it comes again... So in effect, the horse is miles ahead of the cart.... They want me to do some function and pressure testing and I still have to change out an annular, the whole thing... I have to change out the wellhead connector, and a bonnet...

I am getting lots of help on them rig withmthe physical work, but no support from the office... G: drive in Houston has all the records I need but oh no, we can't have access to that...and the storekeeper on the rig is already busy as a cut worm... He has his own job....

So this auditor is asking why we can't fire an engine and pressure up the system and do all this pressure and function testing etc.

I spent much of thenday checking the nitrogen recharge which I will have to re do as we get close to the well time... I am going to have to perform these tests and then open the stack again as we get closer to the well time and then retest it twice more...

I was ready to walk off the rig earlier... One of the hazards of having a truck two minutes away in the parking lot...

I was told a week ago, a supervisor was coming to the rig to help with the office stuff, and that hasn't happened and probably won't... I was promised a stack team to help with the heavy work, that hasn't and probably won't happen...

So.... There are six chiefs on the rig and one Indian... Me...and I'm sick of being drawn in 20 different directions at once...
Just remember what 'SSE' is '4'..........
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #4859
jrpxxii


 
jrpxxii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Posts: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Sometimes my job sux bad...like today... Glad it's over and waiting for tomorrow...it's got to be better....
Can I get an amen to that.
__________________
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #4860
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Funny how easily you figured out the company we are going to work for... I'm stuck on the rig o no cold ones, but I am trying to relax and chill... I've worked for this company before... And in my mind they are the second worst company to work for behind Pemex...
Try working for a Company called ENI out of Italy, they literally will not hire many English speaking people, oh my God working with a translator is an absolute joke! BP has always had the worst record in the industry up North!
Take care bud good book to put you to sleep!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #4861
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,430
How much does a platform worker for Pemex get paid? 100 pesos and they don't give a damn! Be safe for sure!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #4862
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Try working for a Company called ENI out of Italy, they literally will not hire many English speaking people, oh my God working with a translator is an absolute joke! BP has always had the worst record in the industry up North!
Take care bud good book to put you to sleep!
Do you at least eat well?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.