Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #5186
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,135
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
LMAO
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #5187
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
When you heard and saw it happen did you pucker for a moment?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #5188
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,135
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
When you heard and saw it happen did you pucker for a moment?
heard and saw what happen, the head gasket...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #5189
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
heard and saw what happen, the head gasket...
Yes. When it boomed and you saw the coolant.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #5190
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,135
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yes. When it boomed and you saw the coolant.
I'm not sure of the exact sequence of events..

As I remember it, I spun them in 5th, lifted to let em bite and then rolled back into it hard, this was at 190-200 mph... The tires finally grabbed and her butt squatted and her nose came up as the boost built... She was pulling so freaking hard... like OMG hard...

I heard a rattle, and wasn't sure what it was, but lifted immediately, nothing changed, so I got back on it for just a moment, and then there was a pop, the spray across the windshield and the motor died... I crossed the speed trap very shortly after that and since the front end had already fallen and I was getting on the brakes, I opted not to pull the chute, and then realized there was no power brakes or steering and a half mile to slow from 197 mph... according to the speed ticket...

Honestly, that was the worst part, was not wanting to hurt the car from running off the end of the track out into the weeds etc...Once i got her shut down and turned off in time, barely, but in time, I let her roll as far as she would before getting out... I didn't want to hold up the racing... I still had no idea if I had popped the motor, busted a hose or chunked a belt or broken a timing chain or what... I hoped for the best and prepared myself for the worst... Several members here on Camaro5 that had come out to watch towed me back to the pits and I left the hood closed until Corey made it back to us...

Like when the turbos went on me, you think... "crap", and move on.... I did thin that if it was the motor it was time for a six bolt block,...I was trying to find the silver lining.... There was a bit of a let down primarily due to knowing I was that close to the record, and would have taken it on OEM tires and wheels... which required driving the hell out of the car... But it wasn't to be yet...

I'm still waiting to see video of the car on the big end... Chris and Glen and Doug and Matt said it was so quiet... prior to the pop... Just wind noise for the most part, not much exhaust blare or engine noise, just air over the car noise until the big pop...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #5191
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Very reliable rumor has it that there will be another 5280 foot in the Houston area in February or March... I'm looking forward to some more HIGH Speed passes... This is seriously addictive...
Well they started a half mile run last year at Ellington Field (Aeros & Autos Car Show) Hopefully they do this again in April. Had not heard of a mile but I'm all for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Damn.

Well could have been worse. You have my kind of attitude. Go fast and break stuff.
Except you forgot the part about going fast...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #5192
Atti2de
Móderator
 
Atti2de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm not sure of the exact sequence of events..

As I remember it, I spun them in 5th, lifted to let em bite and then rolled back into it hard, this was at 190-200 mph... The tires finally grabbed and her butt squatted and her nose came up as the boost built... She was pulling so freaking hard... like OMG hard...

I heard a rattle, and wasn't sure what it was, but lifted immediately, nothing changed, so I got back on it for just a moment, and then there was a pop, the spray across the windshield and the motor died... I crossed the speed trap very shortly after that and since the front end had already fallen and I was getting on the brakes, I opted not to pull the chute, and then realized there was no power brakes or steering and a half mile to slow from 197 mph... according to the speed ticket...

Honestly, that was the worst part, was not wanting to hurt the car from running off the end of the track out into the weeds etc...Once i got her shut down and turned off in time, barely, but in time, I let her roll as far as she would before getting out... I didn't want to hold up the racing... I still had no idea if I had popped the motor, busted a hose or chunked a belt or broken a timing chain or what... I hoped for the best and prepared myself for the worst... Several members here on Camaro5 that had come out to watch towed me back to the pits and I left the hood closed until Corey made it back to us...

Like when the turbos went on me, you think... "crap", and move on.... I did thin that if it was the motor it was time for a six bolt block,...I was trying to find the silver lining.... There was a bit of a let down primarily due to knowing I was that close to the record, and would have taken it on OEM tires and wheels... which required driving the hell out of the car... But it wasn't to be yet...

I'm still waiting to see video of the car on the big end... Chris and Glen and Doug and Matt said it was so quiet... prior to the pop... Just wind noise for the most part, not much exhaust blare or engine noise, just air over the car noise until the big pop...
My wife says the exact same thing about me (almost): "prior to the pop... Just wind noise for the most part, not much exhaust blare (this only happened to me once, I swear) or engine noise, just air over the body until the big pop"
__________________
I'm not the one with the Atti2de problem it's everyone else that has a problem with my Atti2de!
Atti2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #5193
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,135
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
My wife says the exact same thing about me (almost): "prior to the pop... Just wind noise for the most part, not much exhaust blare (this only happened to me once, I swear) or engine noise, just air over the body until the big pop"








LMAO
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #5194
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Except you forgot the part about going fast...


Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm not sure of the exact sequence of events..

As I remember it, I spun them in 5th, lifted to let em bite and then rolled back into it hard, this was at 190-200 mph... The tires finally grabbed and her butt squatted and her nose came up as the boost built... She was pulling so freaking hard... like OMG hard...

I heard a rattle, and wasn't sure what it was, but lifted immediately, nothing changed, so I got back on it for just a moment, and then there was a pop, the spray across the windshield and the motor died... I crossed the speed trap very shortly after that and since the front end had already fallen and I was getting on the brakes, I opted not to pull the chute, and then realized there was no power brakes or steering and a half mile to slow from 197 mph... according to the speed ticket...

Honestly, that was the worst part, was not wanting to hurt the car from running off the end of the track out into the weeds etc...Once i got her shut down and turned off in time, barely, but in time, I let her roll as far as she would before getting out... I didn't want to hold up the racing... I still had no idea if I had popped the motor, busted a hose or chunked a belt or broken a timing chain or what... I hoped for the best and prepared myself for the worst... Several members here on Camaro5 that had come out to watch towed me back to the pits and I left the hood closed until Corey made it back to us...

Like when the turbos went on me, you think... "crap", and move on.... I did thin that if it was the motor it was time for a six bolt block,...I was trying to find the silver lining.... There was a bit of a let down primarily due to knowing I was that close to the record, and would have taken it on OEM tires and wheels... which required driving the hell out of the car... But it wasn't to be yet...

I'm still waiting to see video of the car on the big end... Chris and Glen and Doug and Matt said it was so quiet... prior to the pop... Just wind noise for the most part, not much exhaust blare or engine noise, just air over the car noise until the big pop...
I'd have shit my pants. lol

Mainly because of the motor possibilities.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 AM   #5195
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,202
Don't want to harp Bud, but you should throw out the laundry just once so you know what to expect if and when you need it. Just saying. I use to hold a 7.50 NRHA Dragster licence and it is part of the licence procedure. It's not that big of a deal, but is sure slows you down fast if you need it.

__________________
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #5196
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,563
Of Course, that's Glen at the beginning being a funny guy..."maybe you should record this." I already had to stop the video once due to comments...

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #5197
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Rob!!!! Man, I'm sorry I missed this thread over the weekend.

Dude, Man I'm bummed and stoked for you at the same time.

I can't wait to see what's next.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #5198
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
going to have to plan to make it to the next one.
congratulations buddy. well on the way.
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #5199
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,135
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Of Course, that's Glen at the beginning being a funny guy..."maybe you should record this." I already had to stop the video once due to comments...

Thanks for posting Doug, This will help us in the evaluation of what happened when... but it was apparently when I was behind the building when it happened.... The sound is certainly different when I come out from behind and the car is nosing over....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Rob!!!! Man, I'm sorry I missed this thread over the weekend.

Dude, Man I'm bummed and stoked for you at the same time.

I can't wait to see what's next.
It'll be ok, She'll be back and better.... Corey has already been on the phone with numerous people this am...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #5200
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,135
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
going to have to plan to make it to the next one.
congratulations buddy. well on the way.
Thanks Kyle, come on down...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #5201
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
R-

That is awesome. One for YOUR books...

No, you didn't get the record, but you participated, had a safe run (it could have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse with pops and coolant under the rear tire..) So overall a success.

You ran 197 which is nothing to sneeze at and now you can break 200 and set the record next time out. Happiness is something to look forward to.

We ran at LOTO 3 years with the boats before we broke 200, and kept upping the number each year. You can do the same. Each time you can do it just a little faster and a little better.

I predict MANY 200+ runs for you...

You do us all at Camaro5 proud !!
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #5202
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
R-

That is awesome. One for YOUR books...

No, you didn't get the record, but you participated, had a safe run (it could have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse with pops and coolant under the rear tire..) So overall a success.

You ran 197 which is nothing to sneeze at and now you can break 200 and set the record next time out. Happiness is something to look forward to.

We ran at LOTO 3 years with the boats before we broke 200, and kept upping the number each year. You can do the same. Each time you can do it just a little faster and a little better.

I predict MANY 200+ runs for you...

You do us all at Camaro5 proud !!
^
This
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.