Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #4397
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
The steering wheel can read your mind?!
See number 5....


tel·e·scop·ic
adj.
1. Of or relating to a telescope.
2. Seen or obtained by means of a telescope: telescopic data.
3. Visible only by means of a telescope: a bright star with a telescopic companion.
4. Capable of discerning distant objects: telescopic vision.
5. Extensible or compressible by or as if by the sliding of overlapping sections.
__________________
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #4398
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,658
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #4399
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,441
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
My car has a minimum 6' height requirement for consideration of driving it...

and Tag defined the rules... read the plate frame....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #4400
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,441
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I can't break the rules or as a moderator with senority to me, I'll be banned...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #4401
Atti2de
Móderator
 
Atti2de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I can't break the rules or as a moderator with senority to me, I'll be banned...
Silly rabbit, err Robert, rules are made to be broken!

WAIT, our cars have tel·e·scop·ic steering wheels ??? Who knew!!!
__________________
I'm not the one with the Atti2de problem it's everyone else that has a problem with my Atti2de!
Atti2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #4402
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,441
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Silly rabbit, err Robert, rules are made to be broken!

WAIT, out cars have tel·e·scop·ic steering wheels ??? Who knew!!!
I didn't untill Mikey espalained it to me... It sure is easier on my shift light to have the steering wheel a lil bit closer to me... The spokes used to hit it... until Mikey looked at me like I was a dumbass... which is entirely possible...and told me how to work it.... who knew...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #4403
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I didn't untill Mikey espalained it to me... It sure is easier on my shift light to have the steering wheel a lil bit closer to me... The spokes used to hit it... until Mikey looked at me like I was a dumbass... which is entirely possible...and told me how to work it.... who knew...
Hahaha. All this new-fangled technology is just too much to keep up with, aye?
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #4404
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,441
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
Hahaha. All this new-fangled technology is just too much to keep up with, aye?
aye...

Got too many other things I'm trying to learn and figure out... I'm old, gotta forgive me...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #4405
2010ABM

 
2010ABM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
aye...

Got too many other things I'm trying to learn and figure out... I'm old, gotta forgive me...
Nothing to forgive you for. I teach you how to adjust your steering wheel, you teach me the inner workings of the twin turbo system. Win - win.

Any idea what time you might wanna do the vents tomorrow? Err...today? And don't forget to bring whatever you said was necessary to do it that you need from the house.
2010ABM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #4406
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Wow man, that just looks (and sounds) awesome. How does the car know when to use the C16 fuel cell? Or is it only spraying into the intake with the nitrous?

This is an engineering feat right here. Very cool stuff.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #4407
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,441
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Wow man, that just looks (and sounds) awesome. How does the car know when to use the C16 fuel cell? Or is it only spraying into the intake with the nitrous?

This is an engineering feat right here. Very cool stuff.
If the nitrous system is armed, the nitrous and fuel spray together... As long as the parameters Corey sets are met, then stuff happens if all is well...

In this case, there is a tach signal and a hobbs switch... The tach signal is used by the progressive controller and you set the on/off, or variable ramping based on the RPM, throttle position etc...

There have been so many on the fly changes due to the bad inductive tach signal pick-up. Corey and Alan just talk for a minute when something doesn't work, re-configure it and go on.... All of this is based on a simple inductive tach signal pick-up that Aeromovite told us may or may not work... and they were right.. it doesn't ...But the guys at my shop never missed a beat..."ok, lets do XX." Still boggles my mind...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #4408
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
If the nitrous system is armed, the nitrous and fuel spray together... As long as the parameters Corey sets are met, then stuff happens if all is well...

In this case, there is a tach signal and a hobbs switch... The tach signal is used by the progressive controller and you set the on/off, or variable ramping based on the RPM, throttle position etc...

There have been so many on the fly changes due to the bad inductive tach signal pick-up. Corey and Alan just talk for a minute when something doesn't work, re-configure it and go on.... All of this is based on a simple inductive tach signal pick-up that Aeromovite told us may or may not work... and they were right.. it doesn't ...But the guys at my shop never missed a beat..."ok, lets do XX." Still boggles my mind...
Mine too.

I was trying to find a picture I took of Vengeance's 4th gen Camaro at F Body and their bottle setup. They had them painted to match the car which was a burgundy color.

But was thinking, in staying with the "twins" theme; since it's twin bottles, get 'em painted the color of the car and have Brandi's on one and Twins on the other.

Just random synapsis firing inside my head. Carry on.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #4409
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,441
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Mine too.

I was trying to find a picture I took of Vengeance's 4th gen Camaro at F Body and their bottle setup. They had them painted to match the car which was a burgundy color.

But was thinking, in staying with the "twins" theme; since it's twin bottles, get 'em painted the color of the car and have Brandi's on one and Twins on the other.

Just random synapsis firing inside my head. Carry on.
LMAO, I like the idea ... a lot... Brandi's other twins....

The bottle on the left in the trunk is actually Joe's. I'm going to order a second bottle for myself... just haven't done so yet... too many other things on the plate... but I like your idea...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #4410
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The 'other' twins, lol

This is the best pic I could dig up



You can barely see them in there but you get the idea.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.