Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #970
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post


LOVE the shot of all y'all together! THAT IS GREAT!
Notice, I'm wearing my Fest shirt, and so is the Booger driver... you have a thread looking for those shots dont you...???
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #971
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144985
here you go Robert... pass the link around!
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #972
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
This is a new photo taken today by Rudy Lara here in Austin Texas... Awesome photographer,

Thanks Rudy and I look forward to seeing the rest of them...

I am also including a picture of the gang that was out there...
Great pic...updated your sig with it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #973
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144985
here you go Robert... pass the link around!
Thanks Kyle, I'll do that...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #974
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Great pic...updated your sig with it.
Russ, you are the bomb, thanks bro...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #975
Atti2de
Móderator
 
Atti2de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
This is a new photo taken today by Rudy Lara here in Austin Texas... Awesome photographer,

Thanks Rudy and I look forward to seeing the rest of them...

I am also including a picture of the gang that was out there...
Great pictures that photo guy is the bomb...he even found a way go make u
You look good Robert!!
__________________
I'm not the one with the Atti2de problem it's everyone else that has a problem with my Atti2de!
Atti2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #976
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Great pictures that photo guy is the bomb...he even found a way go make u
You look good Robert!!
im still laughing at lexis hair... its like we had a damn wind machine
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #977
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
Great pictures that photo guy is the bomb...he even found a way go make u,
You look good Robert!!
liar, you didnt even see me in the pic, you were staring at Lexi...and I fixed it for you...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #978
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
im still laughing at lexis hair... its like we had a damn wind machine
Tell her she looks hot...just like the movies!
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #979
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Tell her she looks hot...just like the movies!
i am sure she thought so too. hahahaha


go drive my car RUSSEL
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #980
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Somebody wanted to hear this so I thought I would post it in here as well for grins and giggles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Here is the video/Audio of my GT9 Lingenfelter cam in my LS-3 Stroker 427 with Twin Turbos... This cam has a 121 degree LSA...With the twin turbo's, this is on the stock manifolds. The turbo's bolt directly to the manifolds... The down pipes coming off the turbos are three inch as is the entire system from there...There is ZERO drone with this set-up....

__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #981
Granatelli
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oxnard
Posts: 1,093
Sounds great - wish it had the GMS system to go with the GMS turbos
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #982
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Time for Brandi to go back to the hospital/shop...

I'm leaving Saturday, back to Brazil.. so Brandi is going into the shop for some tweaking on the clutch, and to have the transmission gone through....

The problem with getting into second under power will be resolved... Corey has a friend that builds racing tranny's and he is looking forward to getting into the 6060 to make it perform like it should... I'm hoping for buttery smooth lightning fast shifts when I get it back... If that isn't possible, then I'll re-evaluate and decide where to go next... There are several companies out there building good transmissions that will bolt in... Transzilla is one that comes to mind... I'll shop around if it comes to that, but I'm betting the 6060 will be a perfectly good platform with some tender loving care and tweaking...

Corey is also going to talk to a friend of his about making a silicone or some type of material tube for the air intake side of the plumbing to the turbo's....
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #983
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Time for Brandi to go back to the hospital/shop...

I'm leaving Saturday, back to Brazil.. so Brandi is going into the shop for some tweaking on the clutch, and to have the transmission gone through....

The problem with getting into second under power will be resolved... Corey has a friend that builds racing tranny's and he is looking forward to getting into the 6060 to make it perform like it should... I'm hoping for buttery smooth lightning fast shifts when I get it back... If that isn't possible, then I'll re-evaluate and decide where to go next... There are several companies out there building good transmissions that will bolt in... Transzilla is one that comes to mind... I'll shop around if it comes to that, but I'm betting the 6060 will be a perfectly good platform with some tender loving care and tweaking...

Corey is also going to talk to a friend of his about making a silicone or some type of material tube for the air intake side of the plumbing to the turbo's....

Sounds good R. I know that the LPE guys did a lot with the tranny on their car and they have pounded that one hard. Will be nice when you can do full power shifts and never lift !!

Well the nice thing about Brazil is that it gives them time to work on Brandi and she's done for you to enjoy when you get back.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #984
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sounds good R. I know that the LPE guys did a lot with the tranny on their car and they have pounded that one hard. Will be nice when you can do full power shifts and never lift !!

Well the nice thing about Brazil is that it gives them time to work on Brandi and she's done for you to enjoy when you get back.
Agreed but it would take some doing to perform a no lift shift... I'm fairly quick, but damn that motor spins up quick... Corey an I talked about that yesterday... Were thinking I can come up to half throttle and then back in it, unless there is technology out there that will allow me to get there...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #985
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Agreed but it would take some doing to perform a no lift shift... I'm fairly quick, but damn that motor spins up quick... Corey an I talked about that yesterday... Were thinking I can come up to half throttle and then back in it, unless there is technology out there that will allow me to get there...
I thought that the Camaro had no lift shift built in... but I have never tried it... either way... I bet your insane numbers would confuse the hell out of the program that controls that. haha

but yes... i think you could get something to help make that work... it would need to hold the throttle and RPM up high while you are making your shift right?
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #986
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,139
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
I thought that the Camaro had no lift shift built in... but I have never tried it... either way... I bet your insane numbers would confuse the hell out of the program that controls that. haha

but yes... i think you could get something to help make that work... it would need to hold the throttle and RPM up high while you are making your shift right?
It would certainly take something... We'll research it some more and see what we come up with...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, texas mile, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, ufo, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.