Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #1576
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
You start 300 feet from the edge of the Grand Canyon and head in...hence the rollcage and parachute on the back...
That gives me images of Evil Kneivel and the Snake River
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #1577
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
It's getting there Pete,

I can almost walk normally, not quite but close... Yesterday was interesting climbing in and out of the car not being able to bend it too far... I iced my knee yesterday evening when I got home and it felt pretty good today... I stayed home partially due to not wanting to push my knee too hard and due to no transportation. I'll be going to the shop tomorrow though...
Smart and tough are a good combination.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #1578
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
It's getting there Pete,

I can almost walk normally, not quite but close... Yesterday was interesting climbing in and out of the car not being able to bend it too far... I iced my knee yesterday evening when I got home and it felt pretty good today... I stayed home partially due to not wanting to push my knee too hard and due to no transportation. I'll be going to the shop tomorrow though...

I know someone enjoyed visiting with you.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #1579
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Cage project look's like it's moving along well.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #1580
CTHenderson
 
Drives: 1991 ZR-1 Corvette.
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Cage project look's like it's moving along well.

SSE 4 2SS (not Corey, I'm just on his computer)

It is moving along... I'm at the shop today but helping with other projects....

I took the car out to meet up with the San Antonio Gang Friday night, and if nothing else, the chassis is rigid as hell, and we still have five pieces of pipe left to put in...

The halo, the down pipes, and the tunnel pipes... This car will be tank rigid when we are finished... Combine that with a full suspension package and katy bar the door... I'm thinking I need to find some nice but dedicated race seats so I can sit a little lower in the car.... As it is right now I'll end up a knot head... mostly on the left side of my nogg'in...

The nice thing is we are at a point where we can work on Brandi as we get space and time rather than having the whole thing torn apart....


Pete, I'm trying to keep up with the Chicago toughness...

I have a feeling i have a little ways to go....
CTHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #1581
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Hey Bud.

Just curious how much to aquirre the carbon fibre syncros and shift forks for the Tremec?

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #1582
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,756
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTHenderson View Post
SSE 4 2SS (not Corey, I'm just on his computer)

. I'm thinking I need to find some nice but dedicated race seats so I can sit a little lower in the car.... As it is right now I'll end up a knot head... mostly on the left side of my nogg'in...
....
this is what I am worried about as well. I already have a hell of time fitting in my car with a helmet.. have to lean back far.

do i get new seats... or do i cut up the bracket and lower the seat ourselves?
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #1583
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Hey Bud.

Just curious how much to aquirre the carbon fibre syncros and shift forks for the Tremec?

I'll find out in the morning when I get back to the shop and let you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
this is what I am worried about as well. I already have a hell of time fitting in my car with a helmet.. have to lean back far.

do i get new seats... or do i cut up the bracket and lower the seat ourselves?
Yeah, I've been looking for a while... Haven't made a decision yet, and since I'm going to be runnig a 5 point harness, I need to find a seat/s with the seat cutout...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #1584
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494


__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #1585
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post


Hey B,

Waiting on an answer... hopefully tomorrow....

I will probably be headed to Oregon in the next two weeks... Road trip... in the Camaro of course...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #1586
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey B,

Waiting on an answer... hopefully tomorrow....

I will probably be headed to Oregon in the next two weeks... Road trip... in the Camaro of course...
Where abouts in Oregon? Your almost in my neck of the woods.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #1587
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
I'm 10 minutes from the Sumas WA 98295 border crossing.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #1588
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
I'm 10 minutes from the Sumas WA 98295 border crossing.

I'm headed to Newberg, just outside of Portland... If my wife decides to fly up to meet me, maybe we'll just have to take a detour north... Cant be more than four or five hours from Portland to the US/Canadian Border there near Blaine Washington... which is just East of Blaine... WooHoo, this might be shaping up to be a great trip instead of just a really good trip... I might have to find some others wanting to meet up in Northern Oregon and or Washington and see if any are interested in a cruise.... North...

Though on the drive up, I do want to go by Deception Pass, and on Chuckanut Drive...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #1589
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm headed to Newberg, just outside of Portland... If my wife decides to fly up to meet me, maybe we'll just have to take a detour north... Cant be more than four or five hours from Portland to the US/Canadian Border there near Blaine Washington... which is just East of Blaine... WooHoo, this might be shaping up to be a great trip instead of just a really good trip... I might have to find some others wanting to meet up in Northern Oregon and or Washington and see if any are interested in a cruise.... North...

Though on the drive up, I do want to go by Deception Pass, and on Chuckanut Drive...
5 hours north from Portland is about right unless you hit bad traffic in Tacoma or Seattle. You would want to go the the Sumas border 98295 not Blaine. When are you making this trip?

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #1590
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
5 hours north from Portland is about right unless you hit bad traffic in Tacoma or Seattle. You would want to go the the Sumas border 98295 not Blaine. When are you making this trip?

Yeah, I was just looking at it on Google Earth... I meant to say Sumas is just East of Blaine... heck, even if the wife doesn't or can't make it, that detour would be worth it.. I bet the Sumas crossing is a lot easier than the Blaine crossing traffic wise...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #1591
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Yeah, I was just looking at it on Google Earth... I meant to say Sumas is just East of Blaine... heck, even if the wife doesn't or can't make it, that detour would be worth it.. I bet the Sumas crossing is a lot easier than the Blaine crossing traffic wise...
Yes it way less traffic, just that when you cross at Sumas your less then 10 minutes from our place. When are you planning this trip. What month?

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #1592
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Yes it way less traffic, just that when you cross at Sumas your less then 10 minutes from our place. When are you planning this trip. What month?

probably week after next, though I'm open for suggestions if you know of anything worthwhile... I would like to take my wife to see some of the sights... maybe Nooksac Falls, Deception Pass, or some of the Canadian sights... I'm not too familiar with those though...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #1593
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
probably week after next, though I'm open for suggestions if you know of anything worthwhile... I would like to take my wife to see some of the sights... maybe Nooksac Falls, Deception Pass, or some of the Canadian sights... I'm not too familiar with those though...

Let me check my work schedule for my days off. I' be back in a bit.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #1594
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Let me check my work schedule for my days off. I' be back in a bit.

not a problem, I'm finally able to sit down and watch the US Nationals. I recorded them and purposely haven't looked at any results on the internet or any other sources...

I'm pulling for:
Antron Brown, Top Fuel
Erica Enders, Pro Stock
Johnny Gray, Funny Car
Le Tonglet, PS motorcycle...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #1595
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
I'm off Sept 16 - 20 and Sept 25 - 29 those are good days for me. If it works we can go for a cruise somewhere. Sept 16th and 25 are Friday Night street legals track is 15 minutes from our place. Maybe even a boat ride on the mighty Fraser.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #1596
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
I'm off Sept 16 - 20 and Sept 25 - 29 those are good days for me. If it works we can go for a cruise somewhere. Sept 16th and 25 are Friday Night street legals track is 15 minutes from our place. Maybe even a boat ride on the mighty Fraser.

Cool, let me see how that fits and schedules for my knee stuff.....

I'm thinking we can make something work...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #1597
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,494
Nice. I can put you for a couple of nights if you want. The we can get a chance to pull on froggie's leg.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #1598
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Nice. I can put you for a couple of nights if you want. The we can get a chance to pull on froggie's leg.

I'll be all over a few froggies... Let me know what you want from down south and I'll pack it away in the car....
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #1599
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,473
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
So, in collaboration with RPM Roll Cages, (their idea not mine)we have a change we are making to the cage, and due to the fact that it's a different bend... I am planning on making a trip to the Great North East... for a custom fit and finish on my cage install... so, we have the main hoop and the front feet installed and the rest of the cage components will go with me to a town just outside of Portland Oregon for the finish fit and install...

It will be two or three weeks prior to me heading up there as I need to work on my knee more via physical therapy... My knee is a little more important than than the car right now...

It's hard but I'm trying to be smart about this...

I'm hoping my wife will be able to fly up and meet me in Portland and then we can make a cruise up to Canada to see Mercuryman and some of the sights in Canada... I'll be looking to hook up with a few others on the way up to Canada if anyone in the area wants to cruise up Chukanut Drive or to Deception Pass...
__________________

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 09-08-2011 at 04:38 PM.
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #1600
JusticePete
Rebel Leader
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,479
Now you'll have a custom cage. Your 5th Gen is getting better everyday sort of like parallel development. Work on the car, work on the knee. Repeat.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.