Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #176
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
hang in there bro... don't let the cabin fever get to ya.

Lots of good things in your life to be happy about.

don't get tunnel vision.. Big picture... that's the good stuff.

ThankYou...
Old 02-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #177
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Robert - Went to Henderson Performance on Thursday and couldn't even get in the door. There was a pile of parts stacked from the door to the back of the shop with a "Hold for Pink Pig sign on them". Talked with Corey and saw all of your parts, what an impressive pile! Corey said he was getting ready to bring your car in and shut down the shop to focus on your build.
You are gonna have one monster when this build is done and you definitely went with the right builder for the project. I had a little work done on Thursday and was really impressed with Corey's approach to working on a customers car. You stated earlier in your thread that he brings in a certain amount of reality and that is what I saw and appreciated.
You are gonna have an awesome car my friend!
Corey had an IOM in his shop and I was gonna take a picture and post it with a comment about the new color for Brandi but I figure your stressing enough so I will leave it alone........ for now.
Looking forward to seeing you when you get back.
Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 AM   #178
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Sam,

Thanks for the update. I am doubly stressed with work and the fact that I can't freely communicate with my Wife... My personal e-mail is out, and we are severly restricted to how much we can use the company computer for personal stuff... I try to call, but thats very hit and miss as well....

We'll deal with it...

As for Corey, he is seriously top notch... I figure if anyone wants to find me for the next couple or three weeks, they only need stop by there, and yes, I promised I would not be in the way or make them crazy...
I found a builder...
1. that I like a lot
2. that knows his business,
3. that I trust with my car implicitly...

So, I'll watch, ask an occasional question, only if I'm not in the way...

Thanks for the update as I'm sure they have sent me something and I can't get into my yahoo account for the last 4 days. Which sux by the way...
Old 02-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #179
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Many thanks to "Speedster" for turning me on to your build . This is the build I'd love to do and I've been looking at the same turbos.
I looked at the ERL blocks also , they are super trick . What is the stroke ? I always liked the big bore short stroke , rev it to the wood combo . I'm sure whatever you chose it will scream .
This will certainly be one of the top Camaros in the world .
Good luck with your project , I'll be watching and endeavour .
Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #180
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
Many thanks to "Speedster" for turning me on to your build . This is the build I'd love to do and I've been looking at the same turbos.
I looked at the ERL blocks also , they are super trick . What is the stroke ? I always liked the big bore short stroke , rev it to the wood combo . I'm sure whatever you chose it will scream .
This will certainly be one of the top Camaros in the world .
Good luck with your project , I'll be watching and endeavour .
Thanks, despite the relief crew getting turned around last night on the way down, I may still get off of here tomorrow and headed home finally...

I'll start updating withactual information by Wednesday or so...

thanks for stopping in, and I'll get you the bore stroke info soon....
Old 02-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #181
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Get back here already... I mean there already... i am on the east coast again. haha.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #182
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Get back here already... I mean there already... I am on the east coast again. haha.
Well I'm stuck here another day... My relief's crew arrived in country in time to get out here but the helicopters would not fly due to weather out over the water... I think there was a rain cloud around the coast of Africa...
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #183
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Well I'm stuck here another day... My relief's crew arrived in country in time to get out here but the helicopters would not fly due to weather out over the water... I think there was a rain cloud around the coast of Africa...
Sorry to hear that. Oh well, you've made it this far...one more day should be a walk in the park for you. Can't wait for you to be back...you gonna make it to the meet this week I hope?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #184
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ABM View Post
Sorry to hear that. Oh well, you've made it this far...one more day should be a walk in the park for you. Can't wait for you to be back...you gonna make it to the meet this week I hope?
I go out walk'in, after midnight... w/out my Camaro, a just a talking, to everyone I please... can you guys handle a Harley in your midst...
Old 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #185
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
I go out walk'in, after midnight... w/out my Camaro, a just a talking, to everyone I please... can you guys handle a Harley in your midst...
I know I sure as hell can! I told you a while back you should bring it to a meet sometime!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #186
ask4yah

Drives: 2010camaro1ssrs
Quote:
Wow, you sound like me...

My mom says I had a standing apointment in the emergency room closest to where ever we lived...

Being an Air Force brat, we were given our military records to carry to my dads next assignment. Upon arrival, we went to the hospital and turned them over to that facility...

Five of them were about 2 inches thick, TOTAL, and then there was mine... Mom, Dad, two older brothers, and a younger sister...had a combined five folders... binders, whatever you want to call them... by the time I was 12, I had five of them to myself... each about two inches thick... oh the stories my parents could tell about me growing up... I figured they would name a military hospital after me some day... or a research center, 1,000,000 ways to cause your self to need to go to the emergency room... When I lived in the Phillipines, I made three trips in one day... stitches twice, thumb, and then my forehead the second time, and a severly sprained ankle the third time... I probably could have made it four times but I couldn't walk and my mom restricted me to the couch...

The difference between you and me was it sounds like your siblings did it to you, I did most of it to myself, not all of it, but most...
You lived in the Philippines? subic, clark or wallace? Your thread is entertaining, I never got bored reading through it.

Last edited by ask4yah; 02-16-2011 at 07:48 PM.
ask4yah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:44 AM   #187
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4yah View Post
You lived in the Philippines? subic, clark or wallace? Your thread is entertaining, I never got bored reading through it.
My dad was assigned to Clark. We were there almost exactly two years... We lived off base in an area called Diaond Village for a year, then got base housing.

Fortunately, it wasn't too far from the base hospital...
Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 AM   #188
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

It's about frigg'in time, but I am home, and I plan on going to the Hospital (shop) and seeing how the work is going with Brandi. I still can't log onto my yahoo e-mail so it's been a week since I've heard anything... Maybe some pictures will be posted this evening...

Any geeks out there that know more about the "emptylaunchresponse" message on yahoo, I'll take suggestions on how to fix it , or how to actually get a person in a chat box that works with yahoo... or someone somewhere on the phone....
Old 02-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #189
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Update on Brandi

I stopped by the shop today and :( no Brandi.

She is still sitting in my builders garage... We did get an update fro ERL, the pistons they have been waiting on are shipping today or tomorrow. They're finishing up the skirt coating.

As soon as the pistons arrive, they will get it done and get the motor shipped out.

I felt like a kid at Christmas... opening boxes and looking at stuff for me car... OMG, those axles are frigg'in huge... According to Corey, some guy stopped by and had broken one of his 1000 HP rated axles, and he wanted to take mine and install them and have Corey order some more... uhhhh, no....Corey told him he would order some to replace his with, but he wasn't touching mine...

I saw the clutch, the dual fuel pump set-up, the cam shaft, the suspension components, the.............. it was a huge pile of boxes. Hopefully this coming week, they will actually get to start. Again, as soon as they have an ETA for the shortblock, Corey will bring my car in and start tearing it apart...

I also met a guy with a restoration shop and he and I got to talking about paint work... He had some great ideas. He gave me his card and asked me to stop by and see some of his work....I'll probably go and visit with him next week..

I'm trying to be patient, but man this is killing me....Corey and Conada did say that with the organization and time allowed for this build, that once they have the shortblock in, the rest should go very quickly. They showed me a folder, where there is a checklist and the parts needed, whats been ordered and delivered etc... it's about 98% complete, with the exception of the block....which adds up to way more than 98% but...

This isnt proceeding as if they had brought the car in and started tearing it apart and then build a little and wait weeks for parts... it's progressing pretty much as planned except for the delay in the block... so, I'll try to remain patient...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 02-17-2011 at 03:41 PM.
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #190
73camarolt

Drives: Black 2010 SS, 73 LT
Man i cant wait to see this monster!
2002 Camaro SS- BBK LT's, ORY, SLP Dual-Dual, Lid, Ported TB, 4.11's, Hurst STS, UMI STB, LCA's, Relocation Brackets, SFC's, Adj. Panhard, Chrome ZR1 wheels, All Tuned and Perfected by John at Broadview Automotive.. 354hp and 360tq
73camarolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #191
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
Man i cant wait to see this monster!
Me either... I'm still needing to interview performance driving instructors... I wonder if Ashley Force is available.... Cute, Beautiful, (any of a number of other positive descriptors can be used), and an animal on the tree...even if it is in a Ford...

and I'll be contacting you soon about a part we discussed not too long ago... I need to get an address from you... but we'll pm and/or e-mail all that stuff...
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #192
73camarolt

Drives: Black 2010 SS, 73 LT
Yea just send me a PM, no hurry.
2002 Camaro SS- BBK LT's, ORY, SLP Dual-Dual, Lid, Ported TB, 4.11's, Hurst STS, UMI STB, LCA's, Relocation Brackets, SFC's, Adj. Panhard, Chrome ZR1 wheels, All Tuned and Perfected by John at Broadview Automotive.. 354hp and 360tq
73camarolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #193
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Me either... I'm still needing to interview performance driving instructors... I wonder if Ashley Force is available.... Cute, Beautiful, (any of a number of other positive descriptors can be used), and an animal on the tree...even if it is in a Ford...

and I'll be contacting you soon about a part we discussed not too long ago... I need to get an address from you... but we'll pm and/or e-mail all that stuff...

Ah yes, Miss (pregnant) Ashley... :(

A great driving school is Frank Hawley's at Gainesville Raceway.

Glad to hear that Brandi is on the way, but as you can see a little patience is required. Just part of the anticipation process...
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #194
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Can't wait to see the finished product Robert!
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #195
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ah yes, Miss (pregnant) Ashley... :(

A great driving school is Frank Hawley's at Gainesville Raceway.

Glad to hear that Brandi is on the way, but as you can see a little patience is required. Just part of the anticipation process...
Ok, you broke my heart... oh well..... I'm very happily married... and my kids are grown... and pregnant or not, she is beautiful,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Can't wait to see the finished product Robert!
I'm looking forward to it as well... I promise videos and pics and the whole gammut when we get started... and you can see her up close and personal like in April...We can get as many RJT's together as we can for a photo op...Check back often, I still can't get over those axles....
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #196
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?

Drives: #21,644
Quote:

I'm looking forward to it as well... I promise videos and pics and the whole gammut when we get started... and you can see her up close and personal like in April...We can get as many RJT's together as we can for a photo op...Check back often, I still can't get over those axles....
I'll be checking in. That would be great to round up a bunch of RJTs and have some pictures taken.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #197
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Well, in the interest of not roasting my rear brakes, and warping the rotors, I ordered a line lock kit today. I got the shifter mount for the button.

I have also been shoe shopping for Brandi. I found an awesome set at USForged Wheels. Those will have to wait a while yet, as I am more in need of some speedy jump-highers for the time in Chandler.

I've got a line on the tires, now I just need to order the wheels. Nine Ball has a set for me, I just need to call him and set it up. They will be my wheels for racing only.

I'm sure hoping for a good phone call in the morning telling me there is a shortblock on the way... Time will tell...
Old 02-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #198
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lack of imagery for this operation is very dissapointing....

Dude, at least a pic of a box or something....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #199
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

OK, It's not at the shop yet, but this is representative of my engine components...The brands are the same, and my pistons should finally be there for them to gang rape it and get it together...Once they have the pistons, they have to balance the rotating asembly and blueprint everything... I've read about it but.... Basically, I get a sheet that describes the piston to cylinder clearance relative the material and expansion rates etc... There is a whole lot more... I want the block, and for it to be built right...

Believe me, the lack of subject for picture taking is killing me as well...
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #200
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Here is the dyno video of Brandi's first pull...

This is a baseline pull and the after pulls will be on the same dyno... The numbers from one to another vary greatly, so, I will have before and after on the same dyno for as close to an accurate net gain as possible. Obviously the weather and stuff will allow variences etc... but...

Brandi at the reception counter for her appointment...
Attached Images

Tags
203.4, camaro of the week, drive shaft specialists of tx, dss, erl, henderson performance tech, i am second, mike@thepowdercoater, pedders, rockland standard gear, rx catch can, slayer triple carbon clutch, the circle, tracspec motorsports, twin turbos, w-bar's lord satchmo of lazy d