Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned
 
Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,925
Bolt-ons v6 Mustang goes 13.1@107mph

i found this video, thought it was pretty cool.
!
dang these new cars are getting so fast pretty soon my cobra will become a slow relic of the past!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned
 
Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,925
oh yeah i forgot to say this was on street tires and stock torque converter! its an automagic!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,572
Nice run.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
ULTRAZLS1

 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 1,614


And a 13.0 @ 103 after adding 3500 stall and aluminum drive-shaft.



And another 13.0 with same mods.

He will get 12's if the wind hits just right lol.

He says the ET's are the same at Cecil and ATCO but the traps are ~3mph different. That is strange...no wonder a lot of people like to post trap speeds from ATCO hmmmm
__________________
Performance Mods: PRC 250cc Aftermarket Casting Cylinder Heads, G6X3 Cam, Fast 102 Intake, Nick Williams 102 TB,Stainless Works 2" Long Tubes, Flowmaster AT Cat-Back, C.A.I. CAI/ADM Scoop, SLP UD Pulley, PFADT Springs/Sways/Rear Trailing Arms, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Energy Differential Mounts, Spohn Toe Links, BMR 2-Point STB, LSR Tunnel Brace, Hurst Short Throw, COR Velocity V3 Wheels, 305/35/20 Nitto NT555R's
Finishline Performance Dyno Tune-505 RWHP 464 RWTQ
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Sax1031


 
Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Elgin,SC
Posts: 2,709
definitely not bad for a bolt on v6
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned
 
Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
....

He says the ET's are the same at Cecil and ATCO but the traps are ~3mph different. That is strange...no wonder a lot of people like to post trap speeds from ATCO hmmmm
its those damned east coast tracks. Ive always wondered why camaro guys flocked there like a pilgrimage to Mecca . you have to give em credit though thats pretty quick considering he doesnt even have headers yet
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
SS 376

 
SS 376's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,958
Your Cobra is already a slow relic of the past! j/k
SS 376 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
ULTRAZLS1

 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
its those damned east coast tracks. Ive always wondered why camaro guys flocked there like a pilgrimage to Mecca . you have to give em credit though thats pretty quick considering he doesnt even have headers yet

He doesnt seem to think they will help much according to his posts.

Aside from it being a smaller motor and gaining less from mods....Do the v6 mustangs come with a very effective tubular manifold design like the 5.0?

But yes.....12's with simple mods on a v6 is tits.

I am hoping to run 12's with my mods....
__________________
Performance Mods: PRC 250cc Aftermarket Casting Cylinder Heads, G6X3 Cam, Fast 102 Intake, Nick Williams 102 TB,Stainless Works 2" Long Tubes, Flowmaster AT Cat-Back, C.A.I. CAI/ADM Scoop, SLP UD Pulley, PFADT Springs/Sways/Rear Trailing Arms, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Energy Differential Mounts, Spohn Toe Links, BMR 2-Point STB, LSR Tunnel Brace, Hurst Short Throw, COR Velocity V3 Wheels, 305/35/20 Nitto NT555R's
Finishline Performance Dyno Tune-505 RWHP 464 RWTQ
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
a_Username


 
a_Username's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 3,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
He doesnt seem to think they will help much according to his posts.

Aside from it being a smaller motor and gaining less from mods....Do the v6 mustangs come with a very effective tubular manifold design like the 5.0?

But yes.....12's with simple mods on a v6 is tits.

I am hoping to run 12's with my mods....
Hoping? You should be at least mid 12s with your mod list!
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,083
Very impressive that these cars (GM/FORD/etc.) can perform this well with V6 engines.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
ULTRAZLS1

 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Hoping? You should be at least mid 12s with your mod list!
I know.

But I dont want to expect too much my first time out and be disappointed.

I am also too scared to no lift shift....I wonder how bad this will hurt my times? I am pretty decent at launching (even without the suspension mods and when I had my p-zeros I think I had it down) and I can shift as fast as the next guy...but I have to lift.

I just cant get the nerve to stomp on that clutch with the pedal still to the floor.

From what I have gathered power shifting will keep the Average rpms about ~300rpm higher and get you ~.2 tenths at the strip all other things equal.

We will see. I am going in April or May to Milan. Should be cool weather and the track is only at 600 ft.
__________________
Performance Mods: PRC 250cc Aftermarket Casting Cylinder Heads, G6X3 Cam, Fast 102 Intake, Nick Williams 102 TB,Stainless Works 2" Long Tubes, Flowmaster AT Cat-Back, C.A.I. CAI/ADM Scoop, SLP UD Pulley, PFADT Springs/Sways/Rear Trailing Arms, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Energy Differential Mounts, Spohn Toe Links, BMR 2-Point STB, LSR Tunnel Brace, Hurst Short Throw, COR Velocity V3 Wheels, 305/35/20 Nitto NT555R's
Finishline Performance Dyno Tune-505 RWHP 464 RWTQ
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
Black GT
Banned
 
Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I know.

But I dont want to expect too much my first time out and be disappointed.

I am also too scared to no lift shift....I wonder how bad this will hurt my times? I am pretty decent at launching (even without the suspension mods and when I had my p-zeros I think I had it down) and I can shift as fast as the next guy...but I have to lift.

I just cant get the nerve to stomp on that clutch with the pedal still to the floor.

From what I have gathered power shifting will keep the Average rpms about ~300rpm higher and get you ~.2 tenths at the strip all other things equal.

We will see. I am going in April or May to Milan. Should be cool weather and the track is only at 600 ft.

Good luck.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
ULTRAZLS1

 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Good luck.

If you guys dont hear from me that means I went 13's LOL.
__________________
Performance Mods: PRC 250cc Aftermarket Casting Cylinder Heads, G6X3 Cam, Fast 102 Intake, Nick Williams 102 TB,Stainless Works 2" Long Tubes, Flowmaster AT Cat-Back, C.A.I. CAI/ADM Scoop, SLP UD Pulley, PFADT Springs/Sways/Rear Trailing Arms, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Energy Differential Mounts, Spohn Toe Links, BMR 2-Point STB, LSR Tunnel Brace, Hurst Short Throw, COR Velocity V3 Wheels, 305/35/20 Nitto NT555R's
Finishline Performance Dyno Tune-505 RWHP 464 RWTQ
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
The_Blur
Moderator, USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Pensacola
Posts: 14,102
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
If you guys dont hear from me that means I went 13's LOL.
I'm sure you'll do fine. Have a good night at the track.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #15
ULTRAZLS1

 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm sure you'll do fine. Have a good night at the track.
Thanks.

But I wont be going until at least April (when the track opens).

Michigan...
__________________
Performance Mods: PRC 250cc Aftermarket Casting Cylinder Heads, G6X3 Cam, Fast 102 Intake, Nick Williams 102 TB,Stainless Works 2" Long Tubes, Flowmaster AT Cat-Back, C.A.I. CAI/ADM Scoop, SLP UD Pulley, PFADT Springs/Sways/Rear Trailing Arms, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Energy Differential Mounts, Spohn Toe Links, BMR 2-Point STB, LSR Tunnel Brace, Hurst Short Throw, COR Velocity V3 Wheels, 305/35/20 Nitto NT555R's
Finishline Performance Dyno Tune-505 RWHP 464 RWTQ
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
Black GT
Banned
 
Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Thanks.

But I wont be going until at least April (when the track opens).

Michigan...
That sucks,

I'm going wednesday.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #17
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned
 
Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
If you guys dont hear from me that means I went 13's LOL.
I know whatyou mean. My friend has a cammed bolt on ls1 ws6 and everybody on the net was saying he should even dip into the elevens. Well we ended up going on a "slow" night apparently (and track wasn't prepped) and he ended up running 13.2 I think @111-112 and I only ran 12.7@113mph. Needless to say he was bummed out and hasn't been back since. Come to think of it he hasn't hardly driven it all since then and that was 2 years ago. Anyways you ain't gonna run the Internet times everytime, I been a few times and know it can fluctuate.13's are very possible for you but the best thing to do would be to see what other cars are also running and what you think they "should" be running and compare and use them as a sort of gauge.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #18
ULTRAZLS1

 
ULTRAZLS1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 1SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I know whatyou mean. My friend has a cammed bolt on ls1 ws6 and everybody on the net was saying he should even dip into the elevens. Well we ended up going on a "slow" night apparently (and track wasn't prepped) and he ended up running 13.2 I think @111-112 and I only ran 12.7@113mph. Needless to say he was bummed out and hasn't been back since. Come to think of it he hasn't hardly driven it all since then and that was 2 years ago. Anyways you ain't gonna run the Internet times everytime, I been a few times and know it can fluctuate.13's are very possible for you but the best thing to do would be to see what other cars are also running and what you think they "should" be running and compare and use them as a sort of gauge.

If I can hook up I think 12's should be a no brainer. Being it is cool weather, having a lesser option car, some light weight parts and ill be running 1/4 tank of gas...Id like to trap at least 112-113. Though I weigh 225 myself (down from 260 )...my bodyweight probably throws some of that out the window lol.

Do you know how milan compares to other tracks etc when it comes to ET and traps etc?

Anyone else know?

Maybe ill make a thread about it (to stop derailing this one) so I can have an idea

But then again....you never know. And yes I know exactly what you mean about internet times and the like...that was part of my point.
__________________
Performance Mods: PRC 250cc Aftermarket Casting Cylinder Heads, G6X3 Cam, Fast 102 Intake, Nick Williams 102 TB,Stainless Works 2" Long Tubes, Flowmaster AT Cat-Back, C.A.I. CAI/ADM Scoop, SLP UD Pulley, PFADT Springs/Sways/Rear Trailing Arms, Pedders Subframe Bushings, Energy Differential Mounts, Spohn Toe Links, BMR 2-Point STB, LSR Tunnel Brace, Hurst Short Throw, COR Velocity V3 Wheels, 305/35/20 Nitto NT555R's
Finishline Performance Dyno Tune-505 RWHP 464 RWTQ

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 01-08-2011 at 06:14 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:48 AM   #19
porcupinekiller
 
porcupinekiller's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT500
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I know.

But I dont want to expect too much my first time out and be disappointed.

I am also too scared to no lift shift....I wonder how bad this will hurt my times? I am pretty decent at launching (even without the suspension mods and when I had my p-zeros I think I had it down) and I can shift as fast as the next guy...but I have to lift.

I just cant get the nerve to stomp on that clutch with the pedal still to the floor.

From what I have gathered power shifting will keep the Average rpms about ~300rpm higher and get you ~.2 tenths at the strip all other things equal.

We will see. I am going in April or May to Milan. Should be cool weather and the track is only at 600 ft.
The best thing to do is just relax. Don't worry about the guy beside you, just concentrate on staging and learning the tree on the first run or two. Sometimes a quick lift shift will net faster times on street tires and as for your launch a properly prepped track is completely different than what you will experience on the street. Most street tires hook best if you go around the water/burnout box and just do a light dry spin to clean up the tires. If the track is not prepped it can be downright slick on street tires. My first run in my old stock 2006 GT was terrible, I spun bad leaving the line at 3000rpm, hit the rev limiter in first, pulled second spun bad again, hit third and spun some more and ran a crap 15.70. Buy the end of the night and after about 5 runs I did a 14.29 (4200 DA). Two years later after, a Whipple super charger, a few suspension parts and drag radials I was running consistent 12.20's at 116 mph. Practice , practice, practice.
I can't wait to take my GT500 out to the track in the spring and embarrass myself on my first few passes.
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #20
Entaille

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Everett
Posts: 996
meh. the important thing is that you are out there and making attempts and having fun. nothing to be embarrassed about. chances are you don't interact with the people watching. chances are you drive a nicer car then them, too, lol.
__________________

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 47 02-19-2014 03:23 PM
V6 Camaro - V6 Mustang Rivalry Markal Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 67 07-08-2010 04:41 PM
OFFICIAL 2010 Camaro Specifications (full tech specs PDF inside) Tran Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive 394 06-11-2010 06:16 PM
2011 mustang v6 vs 2010-11 camaro v6 mr_desmo Chevy Camaro vs... 347 04-24-2010 05:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.