Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
drakedgar

Drives: Camaro
Scosche kit "almost" out of stock/backordered everywhere, new version OTW?

Hi guys,

Today I was going to buy a Scosche kit with the Pioneer 8000 NEX head unit, but I just notice that almost all the authorized resellers are out stock (including scosche . com)

Could a new version be on the way?
What do you guys think?

This could be good news since I been reading of all the problems that the current version of the scosche kit is having, an upgrade version would be awesome.
drakedgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
There have been shortages before, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
This was one of the reasons I did not buy a Scosche kit. Because they were all out of stock all over the country and some companies decided to jack the prices way up. I saw a few companies jack their price from $260 all the way to $399. Also, I figured that if I bought one and had some problems that it would probably turn into a nightmare trying to get it replaced since nobody had them. Along with all the problems I heard about. So I went with a Metra kit. No price jacking, reliable product, plenty available.

Esmeralda (03 GT) - UDP, CAI, PP intake manifold/upper plenum/75mm TB, 4.10s, fully rebuilt/upgraded trans w/ Transpak, 2400 stall converter, full O/R exhaust, 04 Cobra tank/dual 255 LPH pumps, Sniper Tune!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #4
drakedgar

Drives: Camaro
I ended up contacting Scosche and I asked them if "a new version was on the way?" and his answer was something along these lines " what features would you like to see in a future rev?"

Since I couldn't think of anything else at the time I replied "outside temp display", he replied that outside temp display is not going to be a feature in a future version.

Also he said that its going to be months before the kits are back in stock.

I know this might be nothing but I'm really hoping that the come up with a new version with better reliability and a different speaker.

From what I have seen, the Scosche kit is a good product but I will wait until they are back in stock to buy one, just in case a new version pops up.
drakedgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #5
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
There won't be a new version. Scosche produces enough stock to last for a few months, they run out, then they produce another batch. It has happened every year since 2010.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote