Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #341
heRS

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6

What would mustang parents do? 2 words... car camera... it's a thought, girl. Might be a bit spendy for prom night but for future requests.
I thought about what my dad might have said if I asked for the Caddy. Bless his soul I can hear him now.
Me:"Daddy, can I borrow the Caddy for prom this weekend? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzz?"
Him: Absolutely
... NOT.
end of conversation. The dramatic pause was the killer part. Once he said NOT, that was it. Sometimes you might even get a half a step away before it hit. I feel your pain, kid, and I survived.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #342
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Sounds like many people in here were either
1) Irresponsible while growing up.

or

2) Have very irresponsible children that they can't trust.
I am niether. My first car is one of the most prized cars of Olds fans and I took great care of her. I'm 23 now so I don't have any kids (thankfully), but I don't trust people with my property.

Here's an example, my car was always parked in front of my house (nice neighborhood). Some "friends" from "church" thought it would HILARIOUS to mess with my car. The next morning I woke up to my car there was dirt plastered to my car, rocks on top of my hood/roof/trunk, paint pen writing that would not come off. Basically it came to over $7000 in damages to my car and the original paint was ruined and had to be repainted.

Now these were some of my "friends" who knew my car was extremely rare and valuable but were just flat out stupid. I'm sure they felt even more stupid when they had to pay to fix my car.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #343
Black1HP

Drives: 1810 Contestoga
They can rent me
Black1HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #344
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
No way, Camaros have a learning curve to driving over your typical car types. Plus, that boyfriend will want to be seen driving it, no matter what story they give you before heading out. If you love your daughter, you will say "no". Even if she says loving her is a "yes" response.

When I was a senior in high school (Back in the late 1990's) I was loaned an 85 Camry for such things. My father said take it or leave it and find another mode of transportation. I never expected to drive the nicer cars then, because my "peers" at the time definitely would not have shown any respect for them.

Even if your daughter and date are mature enough for this, and experienced enough driving the Camaro. I'd still say no on the issue because everyone else at the event will most certainly NOT be nice to the car.

They want to drive it as an attention getter, and that's exactly what it will do. As soon as they go inside, it will be a sitting duck.

This SS is my first Manual transmission car. I picked it up on the first day and never struggled.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #345
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: 2010 1LT R/S VR
Quote:

This SS is my first Manual transmission car. I picked it up on the first day and never struggled.

Not everyone is as awesome as you....
LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #346
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolatheSlush View Post
Not everyone is as awesome as you....
I know, I'm too cool for all of you.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #347
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: 2010 1LT R/S VR
Quote:
I know, I'm too cool for all of you.
whoa... maybe MOST.. but not all i'm having a pretty good hair day
LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #348
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
whoa... maybe MOST.. but not all i'm having a pretty good hair day
LMAO.
Alright. You rock that hair.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #349
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Camaro View Post
I have to say yes take it, or let her take it. The boyfriend can't drive it though, not covered on the ins. I let my 16 yr old take mine after he got into his first wreck and totaled my old truck. It wasnt his fault so why not he's a pretty good driver. But, my wife told me he hates it because he cant see and affraid what might happen if he did something to it. So fear is a good thing, keeps em alert...
I was a boyfriend and I would be driving it, I know I could talk her into letting me drive.
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #350
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M CGM/Black Stripes w GE
How about having him take you and your buddy to the Homecoming and picking you up afterward? That's what I'd do...
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #351
copper3000
(aka) Troy & Maria

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M CGM/Black Stripes w GE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmz View Post
My kids have asked the same thing, to which answer "Have your boyfriend get a job and get his own." Yes it is just a car but, it is a car that I saved for,waited for and it is MY car. So, I would say....no.
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #352
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
in 10 years he'll probably still have the car.. did you miss the part where he takes super excellent care of it??? and if he doesn't let her drive it the relationship will still be there AND he'll have an amazing car that maybe he'll give to her one day and then when her kids beg her to drive it she'll be able to tell them NO! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
No way, Camaros have a learning curve to driving over your typical car types. Plus, that boyfriend will want to be seen driving it, no matter what story they give you before heading out. If you love your daughter, you will say "no". Even if she says loving her is a "yes" response.

When I was a senior in high school (Back in the late 1990's) I was loaned an 85 Camry for such things. My father said take it or leave it and find another mode of transportation. I never expected to drive the nicer cars then, because my "peers" at the time definitely would not have shown any respect for them.

Even if your daughter and date are mature enough for this, and experienced enough driving the Camaro. I'd still say no on the issue because everyone else at the event will most certainly NOT be nice to the car.

They want to drive it as an attention getter, and that's exactly what it will do. As soon as they go inside, it will be a sitting duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
I was a boyfriend and I would be driving it, I know I could talk her into letting me drive.
EXACTLY , and that's the point .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #353
oldfriend

2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
How about having him take you and your buddy to the Homecoming and picking you up afterward? That's what I'd do...
But that will not bee cool , even less cool will be if my little princes is the one that will be driving the Camaro [boyfriend talking ] , BTW this is Oldfriend AKA the father !!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #354
oldfriend

Red face 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper3000 View Post
BINGO , well almost , and the reason is that i do love her way more than the car !
Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #355
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
if you had any respect for your g/f, her father, and for you, you wouldn't touch the steering wheel, knowing her father didn't want you driving HIS car...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #356
BMT CAMERO

Drives: 2010 CAMARO IS BLACK SS2RS #2599
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I am the daughter of the owner of the camaro user known as "oldfriend." My dad has had this car for a little under a year now and he loves it. He won't even use it if it is raining, because he doesn't want to get watermarks on it, that's how crazy he is about the car. My boyfriend and I have a homecoming at school which is almost like a prom and we have been asking him to negotiate with us to get to use the car. My dad told me to post a thread about this "just for fun" but I think that if enough people think it would be okay to take the car for just this one night he might just change his mind and agree to it. So, people if you read this please say that you think it is a good idea!
Thank you for all your help!
shure if they do get in a finder bender then you can order a new z28
BMT CAMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #357
oldfriend

2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
if you had any respect for your g/f, her father, and for you, you wouldn't touch the steering wheel, knowing her father didn't want you driving HIS car...
SORRY man , when i said [boyfriend talking] i meant that was what the cowboy [that's what i call him ] will be saying !

Tags
camaro 2ss/rs, kids, teenagers