Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #76
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
dont miss out
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #77
Lgndryhr
Camaro for Life
 
Lgndryhr's Avatar
 
Drives: Awaiting... & 2013 1LT A6 VR
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 4,861
Send a message via AIM to Lgndryhr
If I order the PDIM from you guys, will I get the newest one (P/N: 22797218) with HW: DD and SW: DB?
__________________
Current ride: Awaiting her arrival &
2013 VR 1LT A6 #147344 (hers) currently searching for a replacement for hers. Thread
Exterior: no clue
Nickname: Odin
Best run: not until after break-in

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Lgndryhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #78
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt
 
PittPaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS IBM
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 523
Do you need steering wheel controls to use the PDIM? Is the programming at the dealership free if your car didn't have the PDIM from the factory and you add it after purchasing it and installing it yourself?
__________________
2011 1LT/RS IBM
PittPaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #79
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
Do you need steering wheel controls to use the PDIM? Is the programming at the dealership free if your car didn't have the PDIM from the factory and you add it after purchasing it and installing it yourself?
You do not need the steering wheel controls as for if there would be a fee for the programming that would be up to the dealer
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #80
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
add your pdim today
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #81
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
order yours today
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #82
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
place your order today
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #83
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
the deals never end
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #84
Gene Culley


 
Gene Culley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 1,386
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
Is there a P/N for the kit that includes the latest PDIM, P/N 22797218, along with the required wiring harness and USB port?
No, there's not. However, we can make the kit up for you. I believe it costs around another $25 to $35 for all of the parts separately.
__________________
Founder Of GM Parts House

Home Of The Camaro Parts And GM Parts Specialist
Please Visit GM Parts House Online or Call 484.949.2099.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #85
bigwayne3000

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
No, there's not. However, we can make the kit up for you. I believe it costs around another $25 to $35 for all of the parts separately.
Wait.... I thought the PDIM itself was the USB port, why do we need to buy another module for??
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #86
Lgndryhr
Camaro for Life
 
Lgndryhr's Avatar
 
Drives: Awaiting... & 2013 1LT A6 VR
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 4,861
Send a message via AIM to Lgndryhr
Just ordered from them! Awesome service! Patrick was a lot of help! He knows his stuff!
__________________
Current ride: Awaiting her arrival &
2013 VR 1LT A6 #147344 (hers) currently searching for a replacement for hers. Thread
Exterior: no clue
Nickname: Odin
Best run: not until after break-in

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Lgndryhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #87
jeepguy_1980

 
jeepguy_1980's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newport News
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Wait.... I thought the PDIM itself was the USB port, why do we need to buy another module for??
There is a box, a port, and a wiring harness to connect the two.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #88
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Just ordered from them! Awesome service! Patrick was a lot of help! He knows his stuff!

Thank you very much buddy it was a pleasure assisting you
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #89
iFast
 
iFast's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS and '01 Bullitt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Back in the US!!
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You do not need the steering wheel controls as for if there would be a fee for the programming that would be up to the dealer
So if we don't get the steering wheel controls how do we change songs? Using the controls on the radio interface or do I have to change the songs through my Ipod sitting in my center console?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Wait.... I thought the PDIM itself was the USB port, why do we need to buy another module for??
So this is not everything we need to plug the Ipod into the car using a usb port? I'm confused. I thought this kit had everything in it. I have a 1SS fyi.
__________________
2010 Camaro 1SS. Halltech Intake. SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust. BMR 1.4''/1.0'' Lowering Springs. ZL-1 Front Fascia. NLP Rear Spoiler. 20'' TSW Nurburgring w/ Nitto Invos.

2001 DHG Bullitt Mustang GT. 5.0 Shortblock. Patriot cams and heads. Flowmaster Axle-Back, Magnaflow X-Pipe. Eibach sportline lowering springs. Steeda Tri-ax. 03-04 Cobra Front Fascia. 18'' XXR 521s w/ Sumitomo HTR Z IIs.

2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R. Akrapovic CF Slip-ons. K&N filter. 520 conversion w/ -1/+2 sprockets. Speedo-healer. Lockhart-Phillips fi controller. Pirelli DCIIIs.
iFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #90
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFast View Post
So if we don't get the steering wheel controls how do we change songs? Using the controls on the radio interface or do I have to change the songs through my Ipod sitting in my center console?



So this is not everything we need to plug the Ipod into the car using a usb port? I'm confused. I thought this kit had everything in it. I have a 1SS fyi.
If you do not get the steering wheel controls you would change them from the radio controls.

The pdim add on kit is the complete kit to add the usb port connectivity
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #91
iFast
 
iFast's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS and '01 Bullitt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Back in the US!!
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
If you do not get the steering wheel controls you would change them from the radio controls.

The pdim add on kit is the complete kit to add the usb port connectivity
Awesome, thanks!
__________________
2010 Camaro 1SS. Halltech Intake. SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust. BMR 1.4''/1.0'' Lowering Springs. ZL-1 Front Fascia. NLP Rear Spoiler. 20'' TSW Nurburgring w/ Nitto Invos.

2001 DHG Bullitt Mustang GT. 5.0 Shortblock. Patriot cams and heads. Flowmaster Axle-Back, Magnaflow X-Pipe. Eibach sportline lowering springs. Steeda Tri-ax. 03-04 Cobra Front Fascia. 18'' XXR 521s w/ Sumitomo HTR Z IIs.

2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R. Akrapovic CF Slip-ons. K&N filter. 520 conversion w/ -1/+2 sprockets. Speedo-healer. Lockhart-Phillips fi controller. Pirelli DCIIIs.
iFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #92
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFast View Post
Awesome, thanks!
your quite welcome
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #93
iFast
 
iFast's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS and '01 Bullitt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Back in the US!!
Posts: 325
Alright got my PDIM installed in my car and starting calling around to dealerships to get it programmed. The 2 that are within an hour really don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I spoke with the closest one and they said they would charge me $90 which to them is an hour of labor. I told them if they know what they are doing it should only take 5 mins so I asked the service manager if I could talk to the mechanic for 55 minutes to get my full 1 hour of labor. I went to the other dealership and the "mechanic" had absolutely no idea what a PDIM was. I explained it to him and he said that he has worked there 26 years and never heard of "no such thing." I was thinking maybe it was time for him to go back to school to learn what a PDIM is then. He said he would also charge me an hr of labor at $85 and no guarantee that he would even get it working. I told him I don't pay for services not rendered if he didn't know what he was doing. Please help me find a competent service department. I'm located in central Louisiana (Fort Polk) and so far every Chevy dealership I've been to has been full of "Re-tards." If anybody knows of a good place to go that can help me out and not make me think I've just been talking to a brick wall or one of the characters from "Swamp People" I would appreciate it very much!!!
__________________
2010 Camaro 1SS. Halltech Intake. SLP Loudmouth I Exhaust. BMR 1.4''/1.0'' Lowering Springs. ZL-1 Front Fascia. NLP Rear Spoiler. 20'' TSW Nurburgring w/ Nitto Invos.

2001 DHG Bullitt Mustang GT. 5.0 Shortblock. Patriot cams and heads. Flowmaster Axle-Back, Magnaflow X-Pipe. Eibach sportline lowering springs. Steeda Tri-ax. 03-04 Cobra Front Fascia. 18'' XXR 521s w/ Sumitomo HTR Z IIs.

2007 Kawasaki ZX-10R. Akrapovic CF Slip-ons. K&N filter. 520 conversion w/ -1/+2 sprockets. Speedo-healer. Lockhart-Phillips fi controller. Pirelli DCIIIs.
iFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #94
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFast View Post
Alright got my PDIM installed in my car and starting calling around to dealerships to get it programmed. The 2 that are within an hour really don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I spoke with the closest one and they said they would charge me $90 which to them is an hour of labor. I told them if they know what they are doing it should only take 5 mins so I asked the service manager if I could talk to the mechanic for 55 minutes to get my full 1 hour of labor. I went to the other dealership and the "mechanic" had absolutely no idea what a PDIM was. I explained it to him and he said that he has worked there 26 years and never heard of "no such thing." I was thinking maybe it was time for him to go back to school to learn what a PDIM is then. He said he would also charge me an hr of labor at $85 and no guarantee that he would even get it working. I told him I don't pay for services not rendered if he didn't know what he was doing. Please help me find a competent service department. I'm located in central Louisiana (Fort Polk) and so far every Chevy dealership I've been to has been full of "Re-tards." If anybody knows of a good place to go that can help me out and not make me think I've just been talking to a brick wall or one of the characters from "Swamp People" I would appreciate it very much!!!
Dont know anyone down that way buddy
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #95
CAZ
 
Drives: 2012 2ls
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 5
I just got a 2012LS. If I want to just add the usb port for charging, can I just get the small, cheap part and use that? Or do I need additional parts?
CAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #96
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAZ View Post
I just got a 2012LS. If I want to just add the usb port for charging, can I just get the small, cheap part and use that? Or do I need additional parts?
I do not think that will work
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #97
CAZ
 
Drives: 2012 2ls
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 5
So if I want to get it for the 2012 2ls which part do I need?

I see the 22872777 one, but then different parts are mentioned in this thread. Which is the newest?

Thanks
CAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #98
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAZ View Post
So if I want to get it for the 2012 2ls which part do I need?

I see the 22872777 one, but then different parts are mentioned in this thread. Which is the newest?

Thanks
if you have a 2012 you should already have the latest revision
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #99
CAZ
 
Drives: 2012 2ls
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
if you have a 2012 you should already have the latest revision
so what parts do I need to get the USB port and get it working?
CAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #100
patrickt



 
patrickt's Avatar
 
Drives: still saving!
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boyertown, pa
Posts: 5,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAZ View Post
so what parts do I need to get the USB port and get it working?
I was under the impression all the 2 series came with these but I guess not.

Here is a link to what you would need to add it
http://store.gmpartshouse.com/partlo...catalogid=7587
__________________
Patrick Trageser
GM Parts House
Specializing in GM parts, Lloyd, SLP, & Hawk www.gmpartshouse.com
1-484-949-2099
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: PDIM + USB Port installation jtzako Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 137 04-17-2014 02:56 AM
Official PDIM accessory from GM slick rick Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 190 07-13-2012 05:35 PM
Details about PDIM & Bluetooth functionality & upgrading your non C&C car with them Matt'sSS Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 54 12-14-2010 10:41 PM
Faulty PDIM symptoms? djamphi555 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 2 08-07-2010 02:27 PM
Is there a fuse for the PDIM? What is a MPIM? jpennin217 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 0 11-14-2009 07:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.