Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #101
mrnturn1

Drives: 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Yup, I even found some pictures online of the test Challengers for the Nationwide series.

Would have been awesome to see Mustangs and Camaros too, can't believe Nascar got rid of the idea, the cars would look great.
NASCAR has nothing to do with that decision. The manufacturers decide which makes they want to submit for approval. The Mustang is still possible according to the Ford representatives, but Chevy has decided to run the Impala SS. Dodge will use the Challenger, and Toyota the Camry.
mrnturn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #102
72Pickup

Drives: 72 Chevy P/u
Im glad to see everyone is excited about the new Camaro. I didnt know they were being built in America???
72Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #103
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Pickup View Post
Im glad to see everyone is excited about the new Camaro. I didnt know they were being built in America???
They aren't built in America, they're being built in Oshawa Ontario in the same building (different assembly line) as the Impala

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #104
christianjax

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
an insider told me this morning that THE Pace Car will be at Nimnicht Chevy on Cassat Ave on the Westside of Jax today. I'll try like hell to get over there at lunch and get some pics.
christianjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #105
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinva View Post
I am like a lot of others on here a die hard NASCAR fan and I agree Brian France has really done a lot of damage to the sport. He has let Toyotas money take over. I will not even watch the Truck or Nationwide races as they have been totally taken over by Toyota, it makes me SICK. When they take over the cup series I will be finished.
I agree, the Chase has been a bust. Based on past scoring, Jeff Gordon would have his 6th Championship. They changed the rules mid stream for some bogus reason.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #106
H2OTOYS
GM Connoisseur

Drives: 2009 Cadillac Escalades (2)
Cjax,
Where are the pics?
H2OTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 AM   #107
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Bud Shootout selection show was tonight on SPEED. Looks like the Vette is pacing the Shootout. We'll have to wait at least until the Duel 150's, probably will only pace the 500.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 AM   #108
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Awsome! I'm gonna watch each race for the car.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:40 AM   #109
christianjax

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OTOYS View Post
Cjax,
Where are the pics?
I called the dealer before I headed across town to see it. The receptionist told me she hadn't heard anything about it. She said she would definately KNOW if it was there or coming. A radio DJ friend of mine said he cut a commercial for the dealer saying to come by and see THE Daytona Pace Camaro earlier this week, but he doesn't know when exactly it will start running. So I'm hoping this weekend or early next week. I will definately run out there and get pictures when it gets there. And I'll keep hounding the dealership until I get some answers. Hope there wasn't a change of plans between the time the commercial was cut (Monday) and now.
The number to the dealership is
1-800-481-3717 if anyone else wants to hound them too.
Scott? Can you verify?
christianjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #110
black panther

Drives: 1970 Chevelle, FX4 F-150
Nice to see some support left out there for the US auto industry. I can't wait to see a 5th gen on the street, I seen the new Challenger and was surprised how boxy it appeared from behind. Anyway, yoda in nascar is a crock of sh**

Watch my youtube vid below and spread it around. I have been making rounds and wandered by a stang forum where some moron started taking up for yoda. Sorry but I've just had it with moron Amrericans who have to be persuaded to support their own auto industry.

And if anybody needs facts out there to shut up the yoda fan boy, I'll be happy to assist you. I just came from the 'yodanation' forum and held the entire thing hostage because they're so clueless in regard to simple facts and didn't know how to counter (so they got belligerent, banned me, and wiped clean me making them all look like morons of course)

Aside from the pacecar, bring back the Z28 and 1-LE options GM! and support domestic, because after all, everybody wins that way (except for Japan of course)
black panther is offline   Reply With Quote