Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 01-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Kunihiro

Drives: 2010 Charcoal Gray, 2SS/RS
PVC Tube Removal for cold air intake replacement (Lesson learned - others to learn)

Hello All,

As I review this forum, most of you probably already have gone through this process, some with success, others like myself, probably not.

At any rate, while installing my recently acquired cold air intake, in my haste, I broke the two ends on the factory PVC tube.

So, in an attempt to prevent others from doing the same stupid thing that I did, I have attached a few pictures for those who are contemplating removing their CAB for a cold air intake system.

When you remove your engine cover, you'll find the PVC tube attached on the left side (that's the passenger side) of the engine. It's a long curved black tube that comes out of the air intake tube, refer to picture:

Here's a picture of an "umolested" PVC tube:

Follow the tube which parallels the fuel rail and you'll see that it's attached to a metal tube. The PVC tube has a small knob on it and if you press it down, you can remove that end of the PVC tube without breaking it (as I later found out). Here's a picture of the end that has the small knob I am referring to:

Once you have that end out, be careful not to break off the other end of the tube which is inserted into the intake tube. It's just as delicate as the other end. Here's a picture of what that end looks like:

Just gently and carefully pull the PVC tube out of the intake tube and you'll be able to save it in the event you want to re-install your factory CAB.

Lesson learned for me, patience. Luckily, I was able to find a replacement on line for future use.

Allen

2SS/RS, CGM, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pfadt Suspension, Airaid intake

71 RS Camaro (Sold)
Z Car (Sorry, Nissan 350Z)
Kunihiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I posted a picture of that connection at the valve cover. I've had mine on and off several times. Those products requiring the removal of quick disconnects really should have good pictures like you posted. Hopefully it will save someone selse a little time and maybe money.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
RatRacer
SWFL Token Truck Owner

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green LS
PVC is like $2.50 for a 1/2" 10' piece at Ace, but a molded PCV line is a different story......

But thanks for the lesson for my sake.
RatRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Thanks. I will be doing this when my vert gets here.
ToddB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
tonystark

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I almost did the same thing. Its easy to break!
tonystark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
madmax13

Drives: '13 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Thanks for this thread! It saved me a lot of headache.

I also thought the other side was more delicate than it is! Just put some elbow grease into it.
madmax13 is offline   Reply With Quote