Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
twenty10ss

Drives: 2010 camaro.ss
2014 SS recaro seats

Would any one know where I could find these seats and if they would fit in my 2010 SS. Also would I lose my heated seats and are any mods needed to put them in if there available any where's?
twenty10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #2
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/M6
I'm pretty sure that the Recaro seats in 2SS and ZL1 cars are heated. There was a thread on this topic somewhere and it sounds like people were willing to pay outrageous sums of money to buy a set of the Recaro seats. They should bolt right into your 2010 if you're lucky enough to run across a pair for sale.

You could also purchase a set of non-Camaro Recaro seats that offer a similar fit if you have the $$$ to spend.
thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #3
oftenimitated

Drives: 2004 Honda Civic+2011 Camaro 2SS
This has been covered. Yes they fit, no Chevy does not sell the recaros separate, you will have to find them at a scrap yard or on eBay or something
oftenimitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #4
twenty10ss

Drives: 2010 camaro.ss
Thanks for the input
twenty10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
And if you do find a set not all Recaro's in the Camaros are heated. 1SS does not have heated Recaro seats where 2SS does.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
According to the last thread, these seats are not yet an optioned item according to my dealer at Bill Jacobs in Joliet. They are in a GM accessories book, but no info on how you could order them. If anyone else could weigh in on this maybe something has changed?
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
I meant to say not yet an item you can purchase aftermarket direct from Chevy. But maybe that's changed???
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
here's my 2 cents

Being that this option was added just last year I would imagine that the seat won't become available until after the model year is closed out and the new 6th generation comes out. Otherwise I think they would see a drop in sales if the seats were available ast the parts desk. There's quite a few guys that have traded in there Camaros just so that they could get one with the Recaro seats.
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Current Recaro Employee

They are in the process adding them as a dealer add-on for earlier models. If you do try to put a set in from a newer model you will encounter airbag errors messages , This will be fixed with a reflash of the cars computer.
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #10
Swacer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cms3717 View Post
They are in the process adding them as a dealer add-on for earlier models. If you do try to put a set in from a newer model you will encounter airbag errors messages , This will be fixed with a reflash of the cars computer.
What is your source? Please don't say your dealership....
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
He is a current recaro employee....also the lead engineer of recaro was on a podcast and he did they gm is working with them to get these seats as an add on to older model camaros
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #12
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Current Employee

I work here at Recaro, Have sat in meetings discussing the details (ordering) packaging, GM badge in the bag) Etc. This will also require a reflash of the cars computer due to the slight difference in seat components from stock seat TPS (Track position sensor) and something else, can't remember. But It IS coming.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #13
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Hey, How do i add my car pic Under my name on this? I've already added it in the "garage", Sorry, I'm a newb.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #14
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Quote:
I work here at Recaro, Have sat in meetings discussing the details (ordering) packaging, GM badge in the bag) Etc. This will also require a reflash of the cars computer due to the slight difference in seat components from stock seat TPS (Track position sensor) and something else, can't remember. But It IS coming.
How far would you say this is from reaching the dealerships/parts counter?
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #15
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Sr Sales Manager for GM here at Recaro says "Close", Earliest would be June.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
Swacer

That's awesome. I apologize for doubting you, just a lot of here say going around here
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #17
Swacer

If the car needs to be reflashed, will that impact my tune?

Or is this flashing a seperate computer?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Hey, How do i add my car pic Under my name on this? I've already added it in the "garage", Sorry, I'm a newb.
Welcome, and go to the User CP (you'll see it in the menu near the top of the page) and then edit avatar.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Recaro Seats

Don't blame you, The internet is a cesspool,lol. As far as the flash, It's my understanding you'd have to back up your custom tune and restore to factory before you EVER take your car to a dealer if they are going to plug it in. I will keep this forum posted as to any new updates in the program, after all, Why wouldn't I promote what we make
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #20
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goo View Post
Welcome, and go to the User CP (you'll see it in the menu near the top of the page) and then edit avatar.
What he said.

The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

For a sig picture you need to click Edit Signature. The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 200 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

I would love to have a set of Recaros...
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
Smokey jr.

Drives: 2011 inferno orange camaro
Heres the punch line!! on the interior electronic side. You might have to do some more homework if they would work...and what type of options you have currently...will the recaro seats if heated be compatible with your current bcm or will you you even have to get a new seat heater control/faceplate that could be compatible with the seats...will you have to order a new bcm reprogrammed to use the recaro seats and will Chevy even allow this to happen...they seem to have this area locked up...what?...well it seems to me that even if you found the seats on ebay or a bone yard...would Chevy allow you to install them in your car without buying the seats from them...i.e. no tickee no washee...buy the seats from us and we might give you a reprogrammed software package...buy them from someone else...not so fast. I hope someone from Chevy is reading this...seems as though they make things almost impossible for guys and gals like us to upgrade our cars on our own without paying the piper for just a little bit of pride and confidence that we did it ourselves...without the help of a dealer....Don't get me wrong...we need the dealerships and It's not about beating the system... Wouldn't you think that they would be farther ahead and aligned with the Camaro community if they would "and could" allow us a little bit more imagination without always going to the "BIG Cahouna". Look there are alot of young folks that own a Camaro... it's even better that they did the work themselves and "GOT INVOLVED" My hat and helmet is off to all the folks that Dare to Dream and make it come true...Go Get Um Tiger!!!!!!!

Last edited by Smokey jr.; 03-13-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Smokey jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
What he said.

The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

For a sig picture you need to click Edit Signature. The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 200 pixels or 146.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

I would love to have a set of Recaros...
Thank you VERY much. I hope to get you some I can't believe the wealth of info in here! Maybe I can find someone to trade my rims to. I need a set of 20" instead of my 21"s.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #23
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey jr. View Post
Heres the punch line!! you might have to do some more homework if they would work...and what type of options you have currently...will the recaro seats if heated be compatible with your current bcm or will you you even have to get a new seat heater control/faceplate that could be compatible with the seats...will you have to order a new bcm reprogrammed to use the recaro seats and will Chevy even allow this to happen...they seem to have this area locked up...what?...well it seems to me that even if you found the seats on ebay or a bone yard...would Chevy allow you to install them in your car without buying the seats from them...i.e. no tickee no washee...buy the seats from us and we might give you a reprogrammed software package...buy them from someone else...not so fast. I hope someone from Chevy is reading this...seems as though they make things almost impossible for guys and gals like us to upgrade our cars on our own without paying the piper for just a little bit of pride and confidence that we did it ourselves...without the help of a dealer. Wouldn't you think that they would be farther ahead and aligned with the Camaro community if they would "and could" allow us a little bit more imagination without always going to the "BIG Cahouna" look there are alot of young folks that own a Camaro it's even better that they did the work themselves and "GOT INVOLVED" My hat and helmet is off to all the folks that Dare to Dream and make it come true...Go Get Um Tiger!!!!!!!

I don't know ALL the details, But if you currently have heated seats everything jives. Just a reprogram. If you don't that's a whole other story. But it's safe to assume if you don't buy them from the dealer, forget them having ANYTHING to do with it, lol.

Last edited by Cms3717; 03-13-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #24
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Thank you VERY much. I hope to get you some I can't believe the wealth of info in here! Maybe I can find someone to trade my rims to. I need a set of 20" instead of my 21"s.
No problem, this place is the bomb when it comes to Camaro knowledge for sure. 21's are great but tire prices for them are crazy.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

I don't know ALL the details, But if you currently have heated seats everything jives. Just a reprogram. If you don't that's a whole other story. But it's safe to assume if you don't buy them from the dealer, forget them having ANYTHING to do with it, lol. The seats share all the base JCI seat components as far as electronics.