Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HURST
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
BingsGen5SS

Drives: 2012 Camero SS
Talking Found the perfect carseat for pedal stomping parents and the kids that egg them on.

So I recently purchased the Recaro children's car seat performance sport model. it starts out as a forward facing car seat and will then you convert over to a seatbelt booster seat. My biggest worry with this thing was it looked huge and I was worried it may not fit in the backseat, but it actually fit in just fine and is actually one of the first car seats I've had that secures really well in the back seat with little to no wobble whatsoever when using the latch hooks. my two-year-old daughter is a regular speed freak and often we may go out to a couple of cherry spots in the middle of nowhere and go do some burnouts or some donuts. Most of the other car sears we had were awful when it came to holding her firmly, and even when just driving around in everyday traffic they wouldn't cushion her or support her very well in turns, but I have found that the Recaro does a great job and is incredibly sturdy and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to take their kids out for a spin as well
BingsGen5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #2
acammer
Back in the game

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Gotta love when the little monsters egg us on - like we need any encouragement!? I have a friend with the Recaro, and they love it. I have some run of the mill walmart special, but it honestly works just fine in the Camaro, even under "high G" loads.
2011 Camaro 2SS SGM - American Racing Headers/X-pipe and cats, cutouts behind the axle, Cold Air Inductions CAI, New Era Ported TB and tune, 160* T-stat, Ideal Garage clutch master cylinder and remote reservoir, 1LE replica wheels and 275's on all four corners. 412rwhp. 12.79@111mph.
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black, aka "Big SexZ"
I just purchased a Graco 65 convertible model recently for when I have to pick up my grandson after doing a little research on what will fit and also be a safe quality seat. I saw the recaro car seat in Target but I didn't want to pay that much for one but it was nice.

http://savvyparent.club/best-convert...aro-2010-2015/
Old 04-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #4
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Our daughter sitting on the best booster seat ever, her 5 year old brother, and attempting to back the '79 turbo Regal into the driveway and through the garage door.

Name:  1983 9 16 Sandra and Mark 02.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  208.8 KB

But seriously, we had the Cosco (not Costgo) booster seats but that was many years ago. They had their own 4 point harness and the kids were never uncomfortable in them. I was surprised that the old Regal had the mounts on the package shelf for the shoulder harnesses.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:42 AM   #5
2SScamaro2010

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
I have a graco 4 ever seat and a graco 65 and they both fit fine in the camaro just have to have the passenger seat moved forward.
Mods: SW Retro Chambered cat back, CAI cai black, APEX scoop and ww tank, RX catch can, APEX Skip-shift Eliminator, Hurst short throw, Speeddawg knob, Kooks 1 7/8 headers high flow cats, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Livernois dyno tune, ZL1 grill and side skirts.WHP: 415 WTQ: 407
2SScamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote