Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #1
Camaroky

Drives: 2015 camaro LS
Great. Someone hit my car

Gotta love it when some jack-hole hits your car and just leaves
Walked out from work and someone hit my front bumper. Nothing to major but still. Pic is below.

Question is, will this keep flaking or will touch-up paint seal it.

Glad I got a black camaro cause it isn't real noticeable.
The chips are by my one foot and and three just left of my hand.
Attached Images

Camaroky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3
Dang that blows. Any cameras near the parking lot?
Old 09-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
Camaroky

Really sad part is that it was one of my coworkers, cause we park in a private lot and I park at the very end by nobody. So could have been accidental or on purpose
Old 09-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
Camaroky

No cameras. You would think so working for the Gov. and all but no.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
norf

Drives: 2015 red rock metallic LS
People suck. but at least you have a nice big orange cup!
norf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #6
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 Coupe
That sucks; but to answer your question, if you can't get it fixed, touch it up so it doesn't get worse. I know of people who have used Duplicolor and, when done right, you can barely notice where the scratch/chip had been.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2016 2SS
I would bluff your co-workers and say "My car was hit accidentally and I think whoever hit my car didn't realize it but the good thing is I just invested in a MOTION-DETECTION DASH CAM and it happened to be on. Gotta review the footage and contact insurance......I suggest all of you get a dash cam"

hehe maybe the person who did it will com forward and apologize and say "I was gonna tell you but forgot to"

PS - Where I work I see tons of SHITHEADS hitting other peoples vehicles all the time because they can't park for SHIT. I one time witnessed a hit so bad by this massive Benz driven by a FOB that I had to get her plate since she knew and took off after hitting it ....According to the owner/victim of the vehicle that was hit, she didn't speak a word of English". He ended up not doing anything about it since it was just a broken plate cover and a few scratches. I would of made her life a living Hell because I'm sick of dishonest people these days ....Lost my faith in most of Humanity ...

She happened to be driving one of those AMG bigger models too. You would think she would come forward and pay for her damages....BUT NOOOOOOOo she takes off...Little did she know I monitor this sort of crap all the time! I get a huge RISE out of reporting filthy dishonest scum like her!
Old 09-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #8
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I would bluff your co-workers and say "My car was hit accidentally and I think whoever hit my car didn't realize it but the good thing is I just invested in a MOTION-DETECTION DASH CAM and it happened to be on. Gotta review the footage and contact insurance......I suggest all of you get a dash cam"

hehe maybe the person who did it will com forward and apologize and say "I was gonna tell you but forgot to"

PS - Where I work I see tons of SHITHEADS hitting other peoples vehicles all the time because they can't park for SHIT. I one time witnessed a hit so bad by this massive Benz driven by a FOB that I had to get her plate since she knew and took off after hitting it ....According to the owner/victim of the vehicle that was hit, she didn't speak a word of English". He ended up not doing anything about it since it was just a broken plate cover and a few scratches. I would of made her life a living Hell because I'm sick of dishonest people these days ....Lost my faith in most of Humanity ...

She happened to be driving one of those AMG bigger models too. You would think she would come forward and pay for her damages....BUT NOOOOOOOo she takes off...Little did she know I monitor this sort of crap all the time! I get a huge RISE out of reporting filthy dishonest scum like her!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #9
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Where do you work? the park? lol

Sorry to hear this...it sucks....

Looks like you can buff it out though.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Reservoir kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, Metco 50mm Idler pulley & CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates ZL1 Mirror inserts, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #10
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post

Ten: This is how I feel about people! Who hit my car! Thisis what I say LOL

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b8_1441105322
Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 AM   #11
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
I would take it to a body shop to get an estimate to clean it up. It may be cheaper than you think to have someone do it....

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #12
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
it would seal up just fine with some touch up paint.
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels,Toyo Proxes 4+, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body LED, DRL rewire, Sparks billet badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 oil, NGK TR6IX , Granatelli wires.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #13
Camaroky

Thanks for the replies about the touch up paint