Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
defense1510

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS RJT
Ordering 1SS with C&C and Hurst

Hey C5 community, I'm new to this forum that I've been following this forum for a few months now, eager to order a new Camaro and finally decided to join up. I have to say this is the greatest forum I've seen in a long time and when I finally get my Camaro it will be a great place to visit. Anyways, I was supposed to have ordered a 1SS 2 weeks ago but ran into an issue.

I know that their was a post about a month or two back that stated after Dec. 16th the C&C package would be available to the 1SS as an option and it eventually was but my dealer said they could not order it because it wasn't clickable. The only thing is said was "when available" but never actually stated when it would be available. So I waited and waited and it still is not available. It did not even show up on Chevy website as an option till about maybe a week or two ago.

I called my dealer again to have him try and order the car with the C&C but it still said "when available". To add to this problem, apparently if the C&C was able to be ordered, it would eliminate the option for the Factory Hurst shifter. Which is kind of frustrating because you can get all of that on a 2SS. My dealer also told me this past week he talked to a GM rep and asked about the C&C and she said that it would no longer be available for the 1SS........not like it was available in the first place since Dec. 16th. If they want people to order a 2SS why not just have the leather seats, HUD, and gauges be an option? But that's not my real question.

Has anyone else run into this problem or found a way around this issue without performing aftermarket work? I can't see paying an extra 4-5 grand for the 2SS just to get the C&C and the Factory Hurst. Members that do and do not have the BT is it worth it to have it/not have it if you're driving a manual?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to put this to bed and place my order next week. Thanks
defense1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
What's C&C?
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
What's C&C?
Convenience and Connectivity Package
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by defense1510 View Post
Hey C5 community, I'm new to this forum that I've been following this forum for a few months now, eager to order a new Camaro and finally decided to join up. I have to say this is the greatest forum I've seen in a long time and when I finally get my Camaro it will be a great place to visit. Anyways, I was supposed to have ordered a 1SS 2 weeks ago but ran into an issue.

I know that their was a post about a month or two back that stated after Dec. 16th the C&C package would be available to the 1SS as an option and it eventually was but my dealer said they could not order it because it wasn't clickable. The only thing is said was "when available" but never actually stated when it would be available. So I waited and waited and it still is not available. It did not even show up on Chevy website as an option till about maybe a week or two ago.

I called my dealer again to have him try and order the car with the C&C but it still said "when available". To add to this problem, apparently if the C&C was able to be ordered, it would eliminate the option for the Factory Hurst shifter. Which is kind of frustrating because you can get all of that on a 2SS. My dealer also told me this past week he talked to a GM rep and asked about the C&C and she said that it would no longer be available for the 1SS........not like it was available in the first place since Dec. 16th. If they want people to order a 2SS why not just have the leather seats, HUD, and gauges be an option? But that's not my real question.

Has anyone else run into this problem or found a way around this issue without performing aftermarket work? I can't see paying an extra 4-5 grand for the 2SS just to get the C&C and the Factory Hurst. Members that do and do not have the BT is it worth it to have it/not have it if you're driving a manual?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to put this to bed and place my order next week. Thanks
Becky or annabear could probablly answer that for you