Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!
 
scotchsride09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 303
Time for GM to update "official" docs?

Or am I just missing something?

I know since the order workbooks were um, "shared" that a lot of stuff has changed with what actually comes with which trim levels-- the blues being available on the SS, for example. But the workbooks still reflect the prior availabilities of several things that changed. I can't remember everything that can and can't happen on different trim levels, and to be fair I'm not sure if everything I read was true or not. So isn't it time for GM to update these docs? Or have they already, and we just don't know? Or have they already, and everyone else knows except me? (Completely likely.)

It's coming time for me to order and I want to make sure I have all the info possible to make the smartest decisions, and right now I don't. If there is a more updated version of these docs, can someone point me to them? Thanks
__________________
Did I mention I have a sense of humor?

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Miamimatt
 
Miamimatt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2 LT RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Miami
Posts: 203
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
Not only this, but the family discount and employee pricing hasnt changed in a while. GM hello anybody out there? use some of that bailoout money to update your info!!
Miamimatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
How about updating the website at least? Oh, and how about a Camaro builder like other GM sites have so you can see what you are ordering. Color, add ons, stripe options etc? Common GM..
__________________
One of the "Few Blue"
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
RPO_Z28

 
RPO_Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 C6Z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RVC, New York
Posts: 1,754
When you go to your dealer to order, they have all of the latest updates within their ordering system.
__________________
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line
 
fixxer56's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SE Pa
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I understand that and I ordered on 10/13..... I want to see all options available at production start. I think many do.... Things have changed since October
__________________
One of the "Few Blue"
fixxer56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
RPO_Z28

 
RPO_Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 C6Z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RVC, New York
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
I understand that and I ordered on 10/13..... I want to see all options available at production start. I think many do.... Things have changed since October

Can't your dealer sit down with you and go over all of the current offerings?
__________________
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Edrock

 
Edrock's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 964
I think it is high time we see some official dealer pricing on the performance options. The GMPP website is cool and all but does not contain "official" dealer pricing.
__________________
DT Shorties, Solo hi-flow Cats, X-pipe, resonator delete, Flowmaster Super-44s, VMAX TB, Stronger MAF, C.A.I. Intake with race scoop, and JRE Tune!
WOT is my happy place!!
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
I think it is high time we see some official dealer pricing on the performance options. The GMPP website is cool and all but does not contain "official" dealer pricing.
Not to be a prick but isn't that your job to get the information from your dealer? I'm sure I could get it from mine but does it really matter? $500 or $1000 bucks in either direction isn't going to stop me from buying the car.
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Amelia98
Honorary Female Member =)
 
Amelia98's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro and a PT Cruiser
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 262
From what I understand the official launch of the Camaro isn't until May 5 or 6th. This is when you will see the marketing and dealerships making the big push. I have a feeling an avalanche of information will be available the official day of production March 16th. hold your horses boys. It's only a few days away! Hell, I have my order number through GM and I am waiting on a VIN. I was told I will take possession of the car "in a few weeks" and I don't even have a final price yet with all of the accessories I have ordered!
__________________
Amelia
Baltimore, MD
2SS/RS Rally Yellow, Black Interior, Catback, Airbox, Shorty Headers, Hurst, Grille Insert, Subwoofer, Engine Cover and 21" black Rims.

VROOM VROOM
Amelia98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Edrock

 
Edrock's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Not to be a prick but isn't that your job to get the information from your dealer? I'm sure I could get it from mine but does it really matter? $500 or $1000 bucks in either direction isn't going to stop me from buying the car.
You're not being a prick. A good question. Answer: I have checked with my dealer several times and, so far, have been told that official pricing has not been released yet. Was also told that the GMPP site was not necessarily the official pricing either but could be used for ball-parking. March 16th is only 12 days away and you'd think they'd have a better handle on performance option pricing by now. Guess that was the point I was making.
__________________
DT Shorties, Solo hi-flow Cats, X-pipe, resonator delete, Flowmaster Super-44s, VMAX TB, Stronger MAF, C.A.I. Intake with race scoop, and JRE Tune!
WOT is my happy place!!
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
Edrock

 
Edrock's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jamestown, NC
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia98 View Post
From what I understand the official launch of the Camaro isn't until May 5 or 6th. This is when you will see the marketing and dealerships making the big push. I have a feeling an avalanche of information will be available the official day of production March 16th. hold your horses boys. It's only a few days away! Hell, I have my order number through GM and I am waiting on a VIN. I was told I will take possession of the car "in a few weeks" and I don't even have a final price yet with all of the accessories I have ordered!
Yeah, you're right. Just getting a little excited, that's all. I'll just sit back down and be real still. Too much Dr. Pepper...
__________________
DT Shorties, Solo hi-flow Cats, X-pipe, resonator delete, Flowmaster Super-44s, VMAX TB, Stronger MAF, C.A.I. Intake with race scoop, and JRE Tune!
WOT is my happy place!!
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,210
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
You're not being a prick. A good question. Answer: I have checked with my dealer several times and, so far, have been told that official pricing has not been released yet. Was also told that the GMPP site was not necessarily the official pricing either but could be used for ball-parking. March 16th is only 12 days away and you'd think they'd have a better handle on performance option pricing by now. Guess that was the point I was making.
I will say this: You can build and price on GM.ca so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do the same at Chevy.com other than they haven't got around to updating the website IMO. It wouldn't be to the penny, but you could go there, build the vehicle and take 29.36% off the price based on the current exchange rate maybe
__________________
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm really disappointed from the camaro lap time in Nurburgring!!! _GTO_ 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 84 11-30-2009 09:12 PM
Exclusive announcement regarding 5th gen next Monday ChrisL Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 136 10-13-2008 08:43 PM
My last day here for some time. 13F20 Off-topic Discussions 52 09-24-2008 08:34 PM
'98 Ford Taurus: full story + update. MAC General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 5 08-21-2008 01:27 AM
Time Problem? Maybe? TAG UR IT Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 9 08-30-2007 03:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.